Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

Bloody loved it! I'll question episodes if I need to but I can't question that one. It had it all! 

I think some people where thinking this was all gonna end with the finale, it never was! It is now setting us up for all out war in season 8

Yes there were filler episodes (every show has them) 

Yes there were some shit-tastic moments, TWD has them moments I'm afraid

Yes some episodes weren't that great and could've been handled better

But overall I was pleased with the direction and how things were being set up. And as I kinda knew how things may play out due to seeing stuff via the comic I was happy with seeing it all being played out on screen

Edited by CKB

And that's not me being a fanboy as ill go to town on any shit episodes. I just think people need to appreciate TWD for what it is and that's a show that will have it's iffy moments but will always end up with a payoff

What does confuse me are people who have moaned about it week in and out for years but still keep watching it! Seriously stop watching it if you think it's shit? lol

Great finale, dull series. Shocking CGI. A new showrunner is perhaps needed - they need to stop living from premiere to finale and having very little of substance in between. Go back to basics, make every episode vitally important and tell the bloody story rather than pissing about for 5 episodes.

Music - awful the final action scenes were accompanied by some bad eighties sic-fi synth dross whilst perhaps a B' movie style nod to the genre did not work in the slightest - comically bad.

Script and acting - very bad in the final scenes especially Keenans lines and the jolly old Anglo American African Shakespearean self appointed Tiger oddity.

The program is kinda okay in general - they couldn't roll on with same old S1 stuff week in week out but it needs to find a balance between character development related emotional side narratives and sub plots that don't really go anywhere and bang on for far too long. 

The Americanisation has just gone a bit too cringey and OTT now.

Needs to up its game in just about every department.

Well, I now feel like I'm wasting my life away watching this. Possibly the most boring season of nothingness in the history of television.

I just do not get it, the constant infatuation with boring characters, it's tedious.

As for the finale, big woop, no loss of major characters, and quite frankly something happened which has been coming for ten's of episodes.

Poor all round effort, after this long the problem is that you've invested too much into it to stop.

18 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol

I was reading a forum and everyone was talking about Ezekiel's scene and I was like "wow the walking dead has some weird fans - all Ezekiel did was talk to Morgan for like 2 mins". 

Worst thing is I left the house after so have to wait to see the last 10 mins.

17 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I was reading a forum and everyone was talking about Ezekiel's scene and I was like "wow the walking dead has some weird fans - all Ezekiel did was talk to Morgan for like 2 mins". 

Worst thing is I left the house after so have to wait to see the last 10 mins.

I had a similar issue, only I thought it was strange that there was no credits and it ended mid-negans long drawn out speech to risk kneeling in front. So I tried another stream :D 

12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I had a similar issue, only I thought it was strange that there was no credits and it ended mid-negans long drawn out speech to risk kneeling in front. So I tried another stream :D 

Mine stopped after

Rick got shot and kicked off the platform

and thought it was weird how it ended there.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Mine stopped after

Reveal hidden contents

Rick got shot and kicked off the platform

and thought it was weird how it ended there.

Yeah I should probably learn how to do the old spoiler thing. I forget people watch it later but still read the thread.

• 1 month later...

Just caught up on the second half of series 7 enjoyed the finale, I didn't expect Sasha to come out the coffin as a Zombie, I probably should have done it was pretty well sign posted, but it surprised me. I thought the garbage gang were shit and I was expecting them to turn on Rick you would have thought he would have been a little less trusting after everything but I guess the Negan thing made him desperate.

Also why do they talk like that? It's been like 7 years since the end of civilisation why can they no longer talk?

I enjoyed the Tiger attack, even if it was predictable and saved Coral. Other good moments in the series was the Eugene episode and When the Saviours killed Benjamin and Morgan killed Richard. A lot of this series was poor, but I think it worked better binge watching, rather than wait all week for a weak episode to be left with a shitty cliff hanger.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest seanfox778
On 21/07/2017 at 22:27, spacemunky said:

Series 8 trailer:

Only just saw this. Starting to feel a bit repetitive now, hope the rumours of a time skip are true. Negan has become a bit lame now also, that opening line in the trailer was... excuse the pun... sh*t. I thought he was great when he first appeared on the show.

32 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Only just saw this. Starting to feel a bit repetitive now, hope the rumours of a time skip are true. Negan has become a bit lame now also, that opening line in the trailer was... excuse the pun... sh*t. I thought he was great when he first appeared on the show.

Without giving away spoilers the bloke who plays negan is signed up for another two seasons. Not sure if they will go the comic book route with his story 

For it to evolve it has to almost forget about the Zombies and then spring them on us. Make it feel like the living are taking back the world and are fighting over who gets to run their bit of it before the zombies turn up and fvck them up again. At least that's how I would do it. We need to start seeing some sort of end game scenario. Excited for the new season a good trailer, what the old Rick thing means I don't know, it did have a dream sequence vibe to it.

Edited by Captain...

Apart from a couple of episodes the last season was very boring and the only question was who is going to die in the final episode. Get back to every episode meaning something. Please no more Morgan epidsodes. more Daryl and Jesus. Less Tara and Rosita. When Negan is bad he's good. When he doesn't kill (Carl for example) for being out of line the story loses credibility.