Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Bruno Berner

Ian Stringer:

"Bruno Berner has left #lcfc and retired from the game. Talent, endeavour and desire with no ego. 1 of the nice guys - pro"

_____

He did a good job for Leicester in midfield and then at left back. And scored a couple of good and important goals too.

Good luck, Bruno.

Why is it odd? Perhaps he wants to go back to family or to Switzerland (or both).

Retiring from a football club where everyone loves you (in the main) doesn't mean they have to stay and coach just because that is what we want.

Perhaps he wants a break from football :).

Anyway, I'll miss him a lot around the club. Seemed like a true gentleman. I hope one day he returns but for now I wish him all the best!

What a legend he is. A true proffesional, shame he has been left in the cold somewhat this season and last. Would have been nice to see him play out his career. Ah well, good luck to the man, he truly has been one a great credit to the club.

Cheers Bruno

It’s easy to wear out these terms, but I must give honour when honour is due.

Bruno always seemed to be a role model professional, dedicated to his club and working his socks off on the field. You could always trust Herr Berner to get the job done.

My impression is that he’s also a genuinely nice guy, a true gent, and people like that are rare these days.

You will be missed, Bruno! :chant:

He was immense in the play-off season. A cult hero of his time and easily the best left back since we left the Premiership.

Will always have fond memories of him. His goal against Forest was a highlight, and him taking the first penalty in Cardiff - ice cool and I just knew he would stick it in.

But above all I'll remember him replacing Mattock in league one and really showing him up. When Joe left for West Brom we were hoping Bruno would do the business in the Championship and he put in some great performances. Very quickly we knew we'd got a good deal.

Cheers Bruno

Archived