Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Have all previous on Bluray, will get 8 too but you can guarantee with todays culture of dickheadism, spoilers will be plastered all over the internet intentionally, why I'm avoiding Avengers Endgame stuff at the moment :) and avoid reading YouTube comments etc.,

Even on WoW playing my game time out yesterday someone tried to tell spoilers on chat.

Yes, it's a tricky one.  Intending on seeing Endgame next weekend so keeping out of the way of spoilers will prove difficult.  

As for the box set, hopefully they will do a huge set which includes all the extras.  I have watched the two behind the episode videos on youtube for season 8.  Very interesting to find out how they film certain things like the Umber boy at the end of episode 1.

On 16/04/2019 at 14:17, Samilktray said:

Hasn’t it already been mentioned in the show that the night king is a stark? Maybe I’m imagining I heard that in the show 

I think the NK is the old 3 eyed Raven, the one the NK killed and he is a Taergaryian (I believe). He went too far back into the past, got stuck and made into the NK by the children of the forest.

I still really go think Littlefinger will come back and take the throne. Everything that has happened is because of him, it's his Game of Thrones 

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, it's a tricky one.  Intending on seeing Endgame next weekend so keeping out of the way of spoilers will prove difficult.  

As for the box set, hopefully they will do a huge set which includes all the extras.  I have watched the two behind the episode videos on youtube for season 8.  Very interesting to find out how they film certain things like the Umber boy at the end of episode 1.

They undoubtedly will but the big collection sets they do for every season bar 1 ofcourse, though after seven they did limited edition separate seasons with special art on the sleeves, with me being happy with my s1-s6 set I just got the s7 separate.

3 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I think the NK is the old 3 eyed Raven, the one the NK killed and he is a Taergaryian (I believe). He went too far back into the past, got stuck and made into the NK by the children of the forest.

I still really go think Littlefinger will come back and take the throne. Everything that has happened is because of him, it's his Game of Thrones 

He miscalculated before, when Cersei nearly had him executed because he was to clever with his words, when he was talking to her about power so I think he is dead, he under estimated the Stark girls but that's what happens when you leave your web of spies behind in Kings Landing.

Personally I think Tyrion might take the throne and carry out Danni's idea of breaking the wheel for her.

The most convincing theory for the NK being in Winterfell and not King's Landing tonight focuses on the fact that before the battle begins it isn't snowing.  Later on in the trailer we see Jon Snow in what appears to be the Godswood and it's snowing.

The NK only appears once he brings the storm, so it is pretty clear to me that he's in Winterfell tonight and not KL as has been suggested many times this week.

No sign of a leak as yet, although there's still time!  lol

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

God damn I enjoyed that. Good stuff.

It was, and I hate to be cynical but... I expected more. If there are to be any more battles I'd also appreciate them during the daytime so I can distinguish between the living and dead at least :ph34r:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, deejdeej said:

I think my problem is that I'm still waiting for the red wedding to be topped, in terms of shock. However, it was spectacular all the same, just lacked a big shock for me.

Now that the books have been surpassed by the television, you won't be seeing anything nearly as shocking like that.

No way do we only lose Jorah, Lyanna, Beric and Theon if that was based on the books.

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Visually stunning and such a decent start to the episode; the music, the tension, the characters faces of fear.

But, I though that was a very disappointing episode for that is the most expensive and longest. 

I feel that this season would have been better had Cercei refused to join forces, had a massive battle that Jon/Danaerys etc won and then what remained ventured north to fight the dead and ended as last night's episode ended.

Insane episode despite half of it barely being visible on my TV. 

However,

the plot armour is a bit too much. The writers shouldn't be pussies and kill main characters off, or at least put them in fewer scenarios where they should die. Sad the whole Night King arc is over too.

overall feeling after watching that was disappointment. Expected more from the Night King, expected better visuals rather than being able to see basically naff all the entire episode. Arya was great throughout tbf though, shot out of my seat at the end. Glad that she was the one to do it at least.

Will have to see where the rest of the season goes for more context on this one anyway. [spoiler/]