Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

How the hell are they going to wrap this up in 5 episodes? 

I'm expecting another episode of setting up the inevitable battle between the Night King and everyone at Winterfell next time out having watched the preview.

Episode 3 is where we'll start to see characters get killed off no doubt.  They still have to justify what the Night King is up to, we know literally nothing other than what's based in the books and they are likely to deviate to some extent in explaining what his intentions are.  

That leaves another three following the aftermath of that.  As much as I like the show, and it has been brilliant, since it's surpassed the books, it has become a little predictable, relying more on epic set pieces than your typical GoT plotting and intrigue.

The more I think about this seasons opener, the more "safe" it feels for me.  It was very safe, they played it safe, what happened I was expecting to happen, and so it happened.  Hopefully they can spring a few surprises which is what made this show what it is today in the final few episodes that are left.

There are many clever plot theories online but for me they are far too complex for them to be considered likely to happen.  The complexity of the plot has dwindled since series 5.  They'll take the easy option and it will somehow come full circle.

In terms of plot, take Tormund for example.  He's stumbled across the Umber stronghold and met up with the Night's Watch.  They find the Umber boy and it's deserted - it's implied that they are following the Night King and his army south towards Winterfell.  Fast forward to the episode 2 preview and Tormund is in Winterfell warning of the impending attack by the Night King.  He's outrun Viserion south - that's fast! lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

I enjoyed that, but I don’t really know how they are going to tie it all up.

I thought it was going to play out with Dany and Cersei squabbling in the south Kings landing under siege by Dany with Jon trying to hold the north from the undead.

Assassin Arya sneaks into Kings Landing and kills the queen (whilst wearing Jamie’s face) handing the south to Dany who then rides north and saves the rest of Westeros from the undead.

Now I don’t know what’s going to happen. The night King is the main threat and will need to be dealt with first with a big bloody battle that should be the climax and then Cersei will sweep in to finish the job. I think it would have been more interesting to put Cersei in the North appearing to be helping but still plotting and scheming and undermining Jon and Dany looking for her opportunity. Cersei’s end should not be with a big battle but through scheming and double crossing. I guess we will see in just 5 short weeks.

I absolutely love the show but have to admit I found last nights episode to be one of my least favourite yet. But I guess it was supposed to be a "setting up episode" where nothing to drastic was ever likely to happen?

The new intro will take a bit of getting used to also

This isn't necessarily a criticism, as it's probably the natural progression of the show now it's coming to an end.. but it is strange how I've spent 6-7 years waiting for all these characters to be reunited- now it's finally happened it feels underwhelming? 

The beauty of GoT for me was always the sheer number of characters, in numerous different locations with different yet still intertwining stories, now that we are basically just confined to either Winterfell or Kings Landing it's lost some of its spark IMO. 

42 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

This isn't necessarily a criticism, as it's probably the natural progression of the show now it's coming to an end.. but it is strange how I've spent 6-7 years waiting for all these characters to be reunited- now it's finally happened it feels underwhelming? 

The beauty of GoT for me was always the sheer number of characters, in numerous different locations with different yet still intertwining stories, now that we are basically just confined to either Winterfell or Kings Landing it's lost some of its spark IMO. 

It's been one episode man. :blink:

What's the point in having intertwining stories if they never actually intertwine. :unsure:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

It's been one episode man. :blink:

What's the point in having intertwining stories if they never actually intertwine. :unsure:

Like I said, not necessarily a criticism, show just feels different to me. Maybe it's just the fact I know it's ending soon 

7 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Who’s going to lead them in the north a queen or the rightful king ??

could be an interesting one…. Does that make them cousins?

Half brother and sister isn't it? 

Same dad, different mums. 

Hopefully it's a double dragon riding charge. :D

30 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Who’s going to lead them in the north a queen or the rightful king ??

could be an interesting one…. Does that make them cousins?

20 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Half brother and sister isn't it? 

Same dad, different mums. 

Hopefully it's a double dragon riding charge. :D

Dany is Jon Snows Auntie. Jons dad is Danys brother who was killed by Robert Baratheon

*Edit* - Apologies, I got the wrong brother, corrected

Edited by kingcarr21

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Probably want to put a lot of that in spoilers lads

How is it a spoiler when it was told at the end of season 7 almost 2 years ago?

Edit - I have now hidden it but I would have thought it was common knowledge by now, apologies

Edited by kingcarr21

Some predicitions/theories.. Bran is Bran the Builder in some time warp paradox. The Night King is a Targaeryan (Check the White Walkers symbol and the Targaeryan sigil, also he can ride a dragon - something only Targaerians can do). Jaime is Azhore Azhai (Prince that was promised) and will strangle Cersei to death with a new hand that replaces the hand of the Kingslayer, which has been lost and will also save Men from the WhiteWalkers as per the prophecy. The bald guy with no balls will betray Daenarys and get burnt alive by her Dragon(s).

Edited by CollinsLCFC