Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

We’re about to see A LOT of bodies drop next week 

We having a death sweep-stake?

IMO it will be 

Jorah

Edd

Beric

Missandei

Jaime

Davos

Yohn Royce

All to die next episode I reckon. As long as Tormund lives it'll be a success lol 

Edited by EnderbyFox

6 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

We having a death sweep-stake?

IMO it will be 

Reveal hidden contents

Jorah

Edd

Beric

Missandei

Jaime

Davos

Yohn Royce

All to die next episode I reckon. As long as Tormund lives it'll be a success lol 

I think pretty much everyone outside of the big characters who had some kind of nice little send off this week are probably going to die

10 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

All I know is that the crypts are going to be the scene of a bloodbath because they clearly stated about fifty times that they're the safest place to be... when a man with the power to raise dead people comes knocking. lol

Honestly if that happens I'll be absolutely fuming. Wights are shite, how could they escape stone tombs?

I think the battle will end up at Kings Landing. Everyone fighting the army at Winterfell whilst the night king is on his dragon at kings landing. Dany and jon fly to KL and its a 3 way battle literally above the iron throne. Dany, in the back of her mind knowing she can kill jon to then still lay claim and hide the fact she kills him.

If you notice in the title sequence for this season it clearly shows the massive crossbow in KL. So whilst the dragon battle happens above KL Cersie has a choice to make. Which dragon to aim for. Does she aim at Dany or decide the Night King has to be the real enemy. Surely that crossbow has to come into it otherwise why have it in the title?

Cant wait to see how it ends

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Hide contents

Honestly if that happens I'll be absolutely fuming. Wights are shite, how could they escape stone tombs?

Tbf it's such an obvious twist that it wouldn't surprise me if all the mentions of safety are a red herring for people like me, but the simple answer is tenacity and perseverance.  I'm picturing it being drawn out over multiple scenes of banging from within tombs until eventually they start breaking free.  But I could also be miles off mark.   I'm not bothering with spoiler tags because this is pure speculation based on relatively mundane info which spoils nothing about the events of the latest episode.

13 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

From episode one of season eight but still interesting.

Fvck's sake the audio prompt at the start of each item on the list had me thinking something was wrong with FT because I couldn't see any new posts or alerts lol 

• Haha 1

I was in Seville at the same time as they were filming at Italica for the last series (the arena where they showed Cersei the white walker)

There's a picture of some of the characters at a Seville game that you can easily find if you want to see who at least makes it to Kings Landing. Guess that could be a little bit of a spoiler.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Some good ideas there you lot ...   but sadly ...    all complete bolox !!!

The white dead king chap turns out to be the dragon queens brother and they get married and the battle is called off.

At the end of the last episode ..   as a teaser for ANOTHER series ...   it turns out the ice king bloke is also the father of Prince Harry !!!   :o   ....    and then the Real battle starts with ice dragons on one side and the Queens corgis on the other ...    and surprise surprise  ...    Phil the Greek is already dead !!!  and kills the Queen when she’s writing her Christmas speech.

Sorry for ruining it for you ...   :mellow:

I heard they give it Giggseh until the end of the season.

• Haha 1

The biggest problem this show faces at the moment are the myriad of theories being banded about which are far too complex to consider even thinking about imo.

Since the book run ended the story has become less and less complex.  These theories offer far too much complexity, I'd expect a much simpler turn of events.  Perhaps best not to overthink it for fear of being let down a little come the finish.

I've read Bran is the NK, no Rheaghal is, Dany will be turned into a wight, Tyrion will turn against Dany etc. etc.  

It's probably a load of garbage.  Very little has been leaked ahead of these episodes unlike series 7, so just best to take it as it comes.

The one thing that has struck me odd though is how Dany is coming across.  Something feels off.  May be a sign of things to come, who knows.

I assume it's contract-based, but does anyone know the extent of GRRM's role in the production. Obviously he's told them how it ends, but does he get sign off on scripts, character development/death in the build up? I've seen comments like the one above about the dialogue not having the same depth as the book plot. I just wonder if GRRM cares on his pot of gold or if he really is hands-on?

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The biggest problem this show faces at the moment are the myriad of theories being banded about which are far too complex to consider even thinking about imo.

Since the book run ended the story has become less and less complex.  These theories offer far too much complexity, I'd expect a much simpler turn of events.  Perhaps best not to overthink it for fear of being let down a little come the finish.

I've read Bran is the NK, no Rheaghal is, Dany will be turned into a wight, Tyrion will turn against Dany etc. etc.  

It's probably a load of garbage.  Very little has been leaked ahead of these episodes unlike series 7, so just best to take it as it comes.

The one thing that has struck me odd though is how Dany is coming across.  Something feels off.  May be a sign of things to come, who knows.

Yeah I feel like they're priming her to go full-on mad queen Daenerys.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

I assume it's contract-based, but does anyone know the extent of GRRM's role in the production. Obviously he's told them how it ends, but does he get sign off on scripts, character development/death in the build up? I've seen comments like the one above about the dialogue not having the same depth as the book plot. I just wonder if GRRM cares on his pot of gold or if he really is hands-on?

He has been involved and even admitted that the tv show has shaped the books he’s still planning on writing, I think it’s more of a consultant role and I doubt he would have any real power if there was any real disagreement he would lose out.

If you’ve read the books you will know that the plot is about twice as complicated and that’s why he’s struggling to complete them without getting the characters to do the stupid things we’ve seen in the tv show. From GRRMs point of view he probably wants the tv show to differ significantly from the books so he still has an audience for the books if ever finishes them. However the show ends you can guarantee a load of people will be pissed off.

My far fetched view is as the children of the forest protected the 3 eyed raven and bran, so they have a part to play? What I think will happen is everyone dies, or we are left thinking no it can't end like that. When jaimie told everyone of cersies plans. Why not fall back to dragonstone? Good defence and if I'm correct fire won't damage it. Kings landing would fall first. At the very least why didn't they use the eyrie? Surely tactically a stronger Fort to help with defence. I've seen the crossbow mentioned, wasn't that given to bronn?