Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

7 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

New Doctor to be announced at the end of the Wimbledon men's singles final.

I'm thinking it'll be Princess Michael of Kent.

It's Federer, that was the prize they were playing for.

I hope this was a decision the makers wanted to make rather than one just to appease the complainers on social media. I want them to have brought in a woman because they believe Dr Who can be a woman not because people were pressuring them into it.

She was very good in Broadchurch, so I'm sure she'll do a decent job.

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I hope this was a decision the makers wanted to make rather than one just to appease the complainers on social media. I want them to have brought in a woman because they believe Dr Who can be a woman not because people were pressuring them into it.

She was very good in Broadchurch, so I'm sure she'll do a decent job.

All things fell into place didn't it?

13th Doctor, rising femamist sentiment, etc, etc, etc - plus, they'll know doing this and being one of the first major male dominated acting roles will get the show a shed load of publicity. 

It's absolutely the right way to go.  Moffat did redeem himself slightly with the last series although tbf he has wrecked it somewhat.  

The Chibnall connection should hopefully see some stronger writing and better story telling.  Something seriously lacking since Ecclestone and Tennant.

Looking forward to it.  Just give Capaldi a decent send off story wise, he deserves that at least.

54 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Episodes will need to be extended by twenty minutes though as she struggles to park the Tardis.

Don't forget another half an hour whilst she picks the right outfit to wear.

• Like 2

Not a fan of the show, but I can totally understand why some fans got mad. Its not about sexism or anything like that, its about a show that many people (especially English) grow up watching and really connected with the male actor. Why not just let the people have their show and you go and make another series with a lead women. I can only imagine the uproar if a show changed a female leading actress who played a major roll in a lot of peoples lives over the years to a male actor.

Speaking for myself,(and to be 100% honest) I rarely keep up with a show if the leading roll wasn't a male's. Many People use films/TV series to get away from reality and connect with a fictional actor who isn't limited by our daily life rules. 

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

Not a fan of the show, but I can totally understand why some fans got mad. Its not about sexism or anything like that, its about a show that many people (especially English) grow up watching and really connected with the male actor. Why not just let the people have their show and you go and make another series with a lead women. I can only imagine the uproar if a show changed a female leading actress who played a major roll in a lot of peoples lives over the years to a male actor.

Speaking for myself,(and to be 100% honest) I rarely keep up with a show if the leading roll wasn't a male's. Many People use films/TV series to get away from reality and connect with a fictional actor who isn't limited by our daily life rules. 

Don't forget to add the #GamerGate hashtag at the end of your post there.

I'm quite happy with that casting to be honest. She's a good actress, and a good signal of intent from Chibnall. I've loved Capaldi and Smith but the show has been lacking something under Moffat and after 7 years it's time for a regeneration; hopefully of more than just the Doctor's gender - the format needs a reboot too. I'm hoping for something like 4-part stories spread throughout the year, if that's possible in today's climate. Either way, exciting times. 

In other words:

"Change, my dear. And not a moment too soon"

Finished season 3 of The Leftovers in pretty minimal time, brilliant show. Trying to decide if it's worth putting GOT off for a few weeks and collect up a number of episodes, but then risk spoilers. As for my next binge I've got Taboo, Black Sails, and The Americans all to watch, not sure where to start!