Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

I've just discovered The Joy Of Painting with Bob Ross on Amazon Prime.  It was made in the late 80s and even though I can't paint, watching his little landscapes come to life and his charming commentary and instruction, is like taking a hot bath or something.

Yes, I'm getting older and duller, but try it, I found it addictive and like a big spoonful of strawberry Zen.

Bob Ross, Fred Rogers and Steve Irwin all had brilliant wholesome messages to send and I would recommend people watching any one or all of their shows.

IF YOU ARE STILL WATCHING GANGS OF LONDON DO NOT READ THIS.

I finished watching it last night and know a lot of you love it but sadly I didn’t.   Not really about gangs but more about big city power struggles ...  and when that group of highly trained Special Forces soldiers stormed that house full of P1key types ...  what a load of rubbish ...  all they needed to do was lob a grenade in or something ..   looked more like something from a marvel dc superhero type series ..  

There was no real hero and no one I wanted to ‘win’ ...  wouldn’t  have bothered if they all shot each other ...   the plot got dafter and dafter and when the undercover cop said I want diplomatic immunity and they just left him alone ! ...   bolox !! ...     And !! ...   I’m never been happy with the casting but when the ‘big man’ behind it all turned out to be Captain fookin Darling from Black Adder  !!! ...    jeez.

• Like 1

Finished gangs of London last night, pretty good. I bought nowtv for the month in order to watch it. Does anyone have any recommendations that are on there? I was thinking about starting Westworld if that is any good? Already watched billions which is amazing. 

33 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Who's everyone favourite Goggleboxer?

I like that pair in the caravan from Hull.

The gay couple & the pair in the caravan. 

Worst are the brother & sister, they seem to be getting a lot more screen time recently as well unfortunately. 

15 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Worst are the brother & sister, they seem to be getting a lot more screen time recently as well unfortunately. 

I'm probably being a bit unfair but there's something a bit strange about those 2.

Guest ttfn

The Storyville OJ Simpson documentary on iPlayer is incredible.

It’s 7.5 hours long over 5 episodes but it’s worth it. Really good social history of 60s-90s America interwoven with OJ’s story. The first half an hour or so of the third episode is as good a half hour of TV as I can remember watching, edge of your seat stuff for something that happened 25 years ago.

On 06/05/2020 at 14:50, murphy said:

I've just discovered The Joy Of Painting with Bob Ross on Amazon Prime.  It was made in the late 80s and even though I can't paint, watching his little landscapes come to life and his charming commentary and instruction, is like taking a hot bath or something.

Yes, I'm getting older and duller, but try it, I found it addictive and like a big spoonful of strawberry Zen.

Bob Ross what a legend, it’s like watching a magician when at the end you look at his painting and say how the fec did he do that even thou you just sat and watched him create it.

• Like 1

Anybody watched / watching either Intelligence with Ross Geller or Code 404 with Stephen Graham and Daniel Mays? On demand and sky 1 both comedies. 

Given up on Intelligence for now, just wasn’t hitting the right note for me and getting that way with Code 404 even thou those 2 actors are usually in decent programs, the humours a bit too slapstick has anyone finished it or got past 2 episodes of either and if so do they get any better/funnier?

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

The Asian family who are all doctors or in the medical profession I think.

Or the family that has the huge dogs. The dad's facial expressions are golden sometimes at some of the crap his wife or kids come out with lol 

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The Asian family who are all doctors or in the medical profession I think.

Or the family that has the huge dogs. The dad's facial expressions are golden sometimes at some of the crap his wife or kids come out with lol 

Those from Derby? They live in a terrace house don't they? 

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Bob Ross what a legend, it’s like watching a magician when at the end you look at his painting and say how the fec did he do that even thou you just sat and watched him create it.

Yeah, Bob's great, but it's his softly spoken commentary and quirky turn of phrase that I love.  That and the mega-perm that makes you think he's gonna pull up a stool and break into Bridge Over Troubled Waters at any moment.

I think that there are three people that I could listen to even if they were just reading out a shopping list or something.  Henry Blofeld, Stephen Fry and Bob Ross.

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

Yeah, defo the caravan pair  (Lee & Jenny?).  Lee is hilarious and can muster facial expressions that could curdle milk.

I also like the eccentric couple in the armchairs, Giles and Mary.

17 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Agree with this.  There's something just not quite natural about them, they're always just trying a bit too hard.

18 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'm probably being a bit unfair but there's something a bit strange about those 2.

He thinks he's funnier than he actually is and she feeds it by overlaughing at his attempts at humour.

Get the impression that pair's collective goal is to make him the male equivalent of Scarlet Moffatt through these forced means.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah, Bob's great, but it's his softly spoken commentary and quirky turn of phrase that I love.  That and the mega-perm that makes you think he's gonna pull up a stool and break into Bridge Over Troubled Waters at any moment.

I think that there are three people that I could listen to even if they were just reading out a shopping list or something.  Henry Blofeld, Stephen Fry and Bob Ross.

With that voice it’s hard to believe he was a drill sergeant in the US Airforce, can’t see him shouting at Private Pile but on all accounts he was nasty bugger.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I find it utterly depressing that watching people on their sofa watching TV is somehow classed as entertaining. 

I used to think that, but there is something weirdly compelling about it.

I'll never understand how watching someone cooking is classed as entertainment, the success of the bake off leaves me baffled.  You might as well have celebrity ironing or something. 

Edited by murphy