Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I love The Office but struggle with Peep Show. I don't mind the whole POV aspect and I like David Mitchell but it just does nothing for me. Not sure I particularly like Webb with his weasely face though. 

I’d hate to call you a racist at my dinner party.

23 hours ago, Countryfox said:

We sort of fell into Normal People ..  saw it got excellent reviews ..  gentle romance but superbly done and very enjoyable ..  up to episode 5 ..

And bugger me Harry Maguire plays the lead role ..   so he does so he does ..  :)

Read about it on BBC earlier and was quite taken in by it. Started watching it tonight.

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Not even a fan of basketball but the “Last Dance” Chicago Bulls/Michael Jordan documentary on Netflix has been great. X 

Four more episodes to come. Can't wait. Very well-made, brings back memories.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Countryfox said:

We sort of fell into Normal People ..  saw it got excellent reviews ..  gentle romance but superbly done and very enjoyable ..  up to episode 5 ..

And bugger me Harry Maguire plays the lead role ..   so he does so he does ..  :)

Also, it's weird knowing Connell's mum is only just a bit older than Connell in real life lol 

She's far too young to play his mum. 

This corona virus must be saving the BBC a fortune. Every other programme is filmed in someone's living room with a web cam. No cameraman,soundman,lighting,director,make up or writer.

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

This corona virus must be saving the BBC a fortune. Every other programme is filmed in someone's living room with a web cam. No cameraman,soundman,lighting,director,make up or writer.

The most important decision of the day for many is where to place their webcam. Bookcases in the background seem to be a big favourite. Footballer’s homes seem to be pretty tasteful although Pardew was showing was showcasing a horrendous set of floral curtains on The Football Show this morning

Edited by Mike Oxlong

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, rico said:

Paul Kaye in After Life lol

He plays those rolls brilliantly

Agree lol

"He said it was like ****ing a child, but legal....although should it be?"

Edited by MattP

May have been mentioned but after turning the tv on last right to find something light to watch to help us nod off we put First Dates Hotel on ...   2 girls on it from Leicester ....  both to have dates with a man but one girl fancies the other !! ...   ooo err !! ...  this continues into next weeks episode ...   someone must know them ...   

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

May have been mentioned but after turning the tv on last right to find something light to watch to help us nod off we put First Dates Hotel on ...   2 girls on it from Leicester ....  both to have dates with a man but one girl fancies the other !! ...   ooo err !! ...  this continues into next weeks episode ...   someone must know them ...   

One girl fancies the other girl! I'll be tuning in next week!

I've just discovered The Joy Of Painting with Bob Ross on Amazon Prime.  It was made in the late 80s and even though I can't paint, watching his little landscapes come to life and his charming commentary and instruction, is like taking a hot bath or something.

Yes, I'm getting older and duller, but try it, I found it addictive and like a big spoonful of strawberry Zen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

I've just discovered The Joy Of Painting with Bob Ross on Amazon Prime.  It was made in the late 80s and even though I can't paint, watching his little landscapes come to life and his charming commentary and instruction, is like taking a hot bath or something.

Yes, I'm getting older and duller, but try it, I found it addictive and like a big spoonful of strawberry Zen.

Used to love this in the summer holidays as a kid...

'just go right on ahead and put a happy little tree over there, and a happy little cloud'.

• Haha 1