Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 27/04/2020 at 22:08, EastAnglianFox said:

Seeing as you watched it mostly in a short space of time, what were your final thoughts on it? 

I still cant believe how bad and how rushed the last season was and felt completely cheated having invested years of watching and waiting for each season to start. 

Just wondering if it was any different for somebody watching all in one go. 

As a whole I enjoyed it a great deal, and thought the end was a little soft but not bad.  I think the focus on John Snow in the last series was too much as frankly he was not a very deep character despite all the back story. And yes rushed - journeys which took what felt like a whole series at the start are jumped over in 2 minutes (Winterfell - Kings Landing for example)

It wasnt dissapointing though as I can see it may have been if you waited over a year for it.

• Like 1

Just now, ScouseFox said:

just watched the final of race across the world. jen crying felt so good. was up there with harry kane's face after the champions league final. buzzing for the fu cking boys. 

Losing because she was crying while taking her coat off is the best thing that 2020 has given us so far.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2020 at 12:25, SecretPro said:

Enjoy Episode 5. Amazing. 

15 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m not at episode 5 yet, just 3 in.

The only criticism I have, is the fight scenes just seem a bit American. It’s not spoilt it yet but it’s starting to grind.

Just about  to start episode 3 as we speak ...    very good so far but the fight scenes and general violence seem as if they are trying to raise the bar to new heights ..  slightly OTT I think ...  that and some odd casting (nothing badly wrong but some characters look a little lightweight for the roles they are playing)  ....   but nevertheless very enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Just about  to start episode 3 as we speak ...    very good so far but the fight scenes and general violence seem as if they are trying to raise the bar to new heights ..  slightly OTT I think ...  that and some odd casting (nothing badly wrong but some characters look a little lightweight for the roles they are playing)  ....   but nevertheless very enjoyable.

From what I gather the fight scenes are deliberately OTT and Brutal as it's the directors trademark (he usually makes Indonesian action/violent movies). 

My opinion on it is thus: I'd rather see someone get shot in the head, be thrust into a wall with impact and watch half of their face fall off, because this is probably the reality of being shot at point blank, rather than the multitude of films where someone gets shot 50 times and runs off like it's no biggy.

No doubt, the violence is a new level in brutal, but with that I'd say it's generally more realistic.

I was interested to read that Gareth Evans went undercover with Scotland Yard to get insight into the London underworld and as such, a lot of the thread in the series is based on truth, especially in that London Crime is run by faceless, never to be named/seen, international 'investors' and that even the hardened mafias and crime families are small fry in comparison. 

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

From what I gather the fight scenes are deliberately OTT and Brutal as it's the directors trademark (he usually makes Indonesian action/violent movies). 

My opinion on it is thus: I'd rather see someone get shot in the head, be thrust into a wall with impact and watch half of their face fall off, because this is probably the reality of being shot at point blank, rather than the multitude of films where someone gets shot 50 times and runs off like it's no biggy.

No doubt, the violence is a new level in brutal, but with that I'd say it's generally more realistic.

I was interested to read that Gareth Evans went undercover with Scotland Yard to get insight into the London underworld and as such, a lot of the thread in the series is based on truth, especially in that London Crime is run by faceless, never to be named/seen, international 'investors' and that even the hardened mafias and crime families are small fry in comparison. 

Yeah I’ve just got to the end of episode 5 and the fight scenes don’t bother me anymore, I gotta say this is excellent viewing so far. That shoot out is next level stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SecretPro said:

The plot fizzled out for me the last few eps 

14 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Ooohhh season Finale of Westworld next week, cant wait... 

I think you’ve got to be super intelligent or your brain must be wired a bit differently if you like Westworld.
I watched S1 and didn’t have a clue what was going on. The most confusing TV show I’d ever seen :blink:

• Haha 1

I didn't think they were up for it and that Shuntelle annoyed me. I initially thought Jen was a pain but she grew on me and I loved how the teams bonded, despite the competition.

I'm not a fan of reality TV, but if you're going to do it, this is how it should be done. 

16 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Nah, almost everyone said After Life should have been left wrapped up after series 1, a one off piece of art. Nothing about the second series convinced me otherwise.

I didn't think making it was doable, and it was, they did a decent job, but they didn't need to,and it added nothing. If the 2nd series had never happened we'd all still be happy it ended where it did.