Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

54 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Darlene is worse, what a twot.

I don't actually agree. 

They're both utterly vile I mean let's not kid ourselves. But Darlene has at least one saving grace and that's that she is exactly what she looks, sounds and acts like. It's all there for you to take or leave. 

Even when she SHOULD be diplomatic and put a smile on and be a little two faced she just ploughs straight on calling you a cvnt regardless. 

Wendy is terrible in every conceivable way. She has literally no redeeming features. She's the anti Skyler White. The longer Breaking Bad went on the more you were confronted with how evil Walt actually was and how much Skyler was genuinely a victim.

Wendy is genuinely evil, genuinely selfish, genuinely represents basically every deadly sin going. She's the most Laura Linney of all Laura Linney characters and she's so typecast. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Izzy said:

I think you’ve got to be super intelligent or your brain must be wired a bit differently if you like Westworld.
I watched S1 and didn’t have a clue what was going on. The most confusing TV show I’d ever seen :blink:

I felt like the first season was puzzling but enjoyable to work through, and then the second season absolutely lost me. I'm not sure if I lost the interest required to follow the story, or whether it purposefully became progressively more dense to the point where I wasn't interested in following it. The trailer for the third season looked interesting, although I know I'd probably need to appreciate the second and I don't have the energy to go through that again! 

Been away from a television for the best part of a year and there's plenty more to watch before subjecting myself to that.

You'd think that those creating the shows wouldn't go out of their way to make it so complicated as to be unwatchable. I feel that it's often more likely that people just aren't into it. If I could go back and see myself watching season 2, I was more than likely just ****ing about on my phone. It's a decent enough concept and one that I'd imagine being into, but in reality I was probably a bit bored. Might not have even been an issue with the show and I was probably just watching entirely too much TV.

Edited by samlcfc

FWIW I'm really enjoying Westworld. I thought season two was a bit dull but this one's great. 

It's not that complex is it? A lot of it is fairly generic dystopian Sci Fi trope. The evil mega rich guy thinks he can control humans to make the world "better", the plucky, fringe of society under dogs want to take him down. 

You don't need to worry about how the science of the super computer AI works, just suspend your disbelief and accept they built a machine that predicts everything. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

Got to be honest, "the wife" watches this "Manifest" and other such shows, such as "Under the Dome", but just cannot warm to them myself :dunno:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

FWIW I'm really enjoying Westworld. I thought season two was a bit dull but this one's great. 

It's not that complex is it? A lot of it is fairly generic dystopian Sci Fi trope. The evil mega rich guy thinks he can control humans to make the world "better", the plucky, fringe of society under dogs want to take him down. 

You don't need to worry about how the science of the super computer AI works, just suspend your disbelief and accept they built a machine that predicts everything. 

Loved S1, liked S2 which was a bit messy but had some fantastic episodes, wondering what the big twist will be in S3 next week, seen a few theories but it is hard to tell so cant wait to see if any are near the mark.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The Dad is the only funny character in Friday Night Dinner

Tom Rosenthal is 32 and Simon Bird is 35, you think they'd write better material than calling each other pissface 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Just watching the Aussie cricket documentary. I thought they were all meant to be cvnts? 

lol yeah they do seem a decent bunch, but fear not, you'll still think David Warner is a cvnt when you finish.

• Haha 1

Finally finished prison break and can’t help but better a little disappointed. Although some parts of the story, such as S1 and S2 were really good. S3 was poor and S4 was especially bad. It also seemed as is if there were holes throughout the whole story, find it hard to believe after so much destruction they can just walk free time after time. Also the amount of times they got out of a situation where you think it’s impossible to get out of, ruins the suspense because you know it’ll be alright in the end. Also I did think the amount of times someone had a gun pointed at their head just for the person with the gun to change their mind was a little excessive. 6.5/10.  

10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Finally finished prison break and can’t help but better a little disappointed. Although some parts of the story, such as S1 and S2 were really good. S3 was poor and S4 was especially bad. It also seemed as is if there were holes throughout the whole story, find it hard to believe after so much destruction they can just walk free time after time. Also the amount of times they got out of a situation where you think it’s impossible to get out of, ruins the suspense because you know it’ll be alright in the end. Also I did think the amount of times someone had a gun pointed at their head just for the person with the gun to change their mind was a little excessive. 6.5/10.  

That show lost me when people were breaking into prison to then break out of prison lol similar with Money Heist and a certain character returning although I turned a blind eye to that.

Ifs a shame as the first series is crazily good.

• Like 2