Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

So having not watched Game of Thrones at all, the wife and I have binged the whole lot in the past few weeks.  Now a bit lost for things to watch.

Seeing as you watched it mostly in a short space of time, what were your final thoughts on it? 

I still cant believe how bad and how rushed the last season was and felt completely cheated having invested years of watching and waiting for each season to start. 

Just wondering if it was any different for somebody watching all in one go. 

Edited by EastAnglianFox

On 23/04/2020 at 21:49, walkerleeds said:

Anyone know where I can watch The American Office? 

Not sure, but watch it.. it is the best US comedy ever.

You have to struggle through season 1 as its  pretty much the UK version, but after that, it finds its own place and becomes brilliant.

Dwight is a superstar, Creed is the best character ever... ahh i could go on.. but... its worth it :)

On 23/04/2020 at 16:20, The Bear said:

Finished S2 of Money Heist last night, which seemed like a perfect ending to the show. I Googled it and it was indeed supposed to end there, but for its unexpected popularity. No wonder it only has Dolby Vision from S3 onwards as that's when Netflix extended it and threw lots of money at it. 

Please tell me the last two seasons are decent and not just stretching it out for the sake of it? 

I was seriously considering just leaving it there and not bothering with 3 and 4. But then I saw the episode preview picture for Ep1 of S3 and it has Tokyo in a bikini.... 

Since we're stuck at home, I guess I'll continue!

I would like to know the answer to this.... closing in on the end of season 2, for the life of me i cannot see how they can drag this out any further?

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Not sure, but watch it.. it is the best US comedy ever.

You have to struggle through season 1 as its  pretty much the UK version, but after that, it finds its own place and becomes brilliant.

Dwight is a superstar, Creed is the best character ever... ahh i could go on.. but... its worth it :)

I would like to know the answer to this.... closing in on the end of season 2, for the life of me i cannot see how they can drag this out any further?

There's another heist, for reasons I won't spoil. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Well I buckled and have just finished S3 last night. Its still good but took me a couple of episodes to get back into it, as they basically reset the show and start all over again. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

In a good or bad way?

really enjoyed it.Wishing to travel to probably everywhere they went 

In a good way. A combo of it being a dream to do that, it being an incredible program and not being able to travel at the minute.

If I wasn’t with my other half i could have sobbed for an hour after haha.

• Like 1

Montego Air Flight 828 from Jamaica to New York City experiences a brief period of severe turbulence. When they land, the passengers and crew learn that over five years have passed while they were in the air, during which time they were presumed dead. As they reintegrate themselves into present-day society, the passengers begin to face the fact that their lives—and loved ones—are not the same as they were before, while they also begin to experience guiding voices and visions representing events yet to occur.

Well behind the curve on this but was pointed in the direction of MANIFEST on Sky One.

It's a bit bonkers, and pretty emotional in places, but I ended up watching nine episodes back to back yesterday.
Another 20 eps to go!

Edited by UpTheLeagueFox
Years not ears!

27 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Montego Air Flight 828 from Jamaica to New York City experiences a brief period of severe turbulence. When they land, the passengers and crew learn that over five ears have passed while they were in the air, during which time they were presumed dead. As they reintegrate themselves into present-day society, the passengers begin to face the fact that their lives—and loved ones—are not the same as they were before, while they also begin to experience guiding voices and visions representing events yet to occur.

Well behind the curve on this but was pointed in the direction of MANIFEST on Sky One.

It's a bit bonkers, and pretty emotional in places, but I ended up watching nine episodes back to back yesterday.
Another 20 eps to go!

I liked the premise since I saw a trailer ages ago and enjoyed the first 7 or 8 I think before I just kinda lost interest. Might have to pick it back up again...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Montego Air Flight 828 from Jamaica to New York City experiences a brief period of severe turbulence. When they land, the passengers and crew learn that over  FIVE EARS have passed while they were in the air, during which time they were presumed dead. As they reintegrate themselves into present-day society, the passengers begin to face the fact that their lives—and loved ones—are not the same as they were before, while they also begin to experience guiding voices and visions representing events yet to occur.

Another 20 eps to go!

Blimey Geoff what happened to the ears ...  sounds terrible ...   :o

AF0B1E7B-CA12-4925-A89B-B62F5B91777E.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vince Vega said:

This has been brilliant TV for me. Glad we lost the first couple, but after that, wow. Just loved everywhere they went and what a finish. 

Ridiculously good isn’t it. I agree re the first couple, I don’t think they fancied it after the first few weeks did they.