Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Started watching Gangs of London too, lead is a bit stilted because the always stern, serious business, can’t crack a smile mob boss trope is annoying. Besides that I’m enjoying it

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

On the last episode of The Test. That Stokes innings is a thing of beauty! 

It gets more outrageous every time I watch it. I doubt I'll see anything like that again in my lifetime. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

On the last episode of The Test. That Stokes innings is a thing of beauty! 

What have you made of it? I do think it was really well done - to be honest I grew up with Ponting being my hero so I’ve always admired the Aussies (up until recently). You get a proper insight in to the different personalities in that team I thought. 

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

It gets more outrageous every time I watch it. I doubt I'll see anything like that again in my lifetime. 

Up there for me with one of the greatest innings of all time. Up there with Lara’s massive innings, Michael Clarke’s 329 at Sydney is also up there and Kallis probably had about 2 or 3 that could match it because he was an absolute freak. I know the score might not have matched any of those but given the circumstances and the pressure and he was also facing the best bowling attack in the world. It just doesn’t compute with me. I still to this day don’t know how he managed to pull that off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Up there for me with one of the greatest innings of all time. Up there with Lara’s massive innings, Michael Clarke’s 329 at Sydney is also up there and Kallis probably had about 2 or 3 that could match it because he was an absolute freak. I know the score might not have matched any of those but given the circumstances and the pressure and he was also facing the best bowling attack in the world. It just doesn’t compute with me. I still to this day don’t know how he managed to pull that off. 

It's was just pure bottle, courage, heart, pride, passion and the will to win. You can't teach that stuff, you're born with it.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Just started watching parks and recreation, anyone seen this and it is worth persisting with? 

First series is crap, second season ok, seasons 3-6 are great. Stick with it.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

What have you made of it? I do think it was really well done - to be honest I grew up with Ponting being my hero so I’ve always admired the Aussies (up until recently). You get a proper insight in to the different personalities in that team I thought. 

Loved it. The person who I changed my opinion on the most was Steve Smith. Always thought he was a bit of a snide but he just loves cricket and is a little bit weird. Most of them came across well except Warner and maybe Khawaja. I really enjoy this access all areas documentaries. Wish we had one for the title win

1 hour ago, Manini said:

His celebration after the winning boundary gave me goosebumps. He must have balls the size of watermelons. And the scenes of the crowd looked epic

• Like 2

Ah poodles, gonna have to wait and see if Westworld gets a season 4.

Bit miffed they strung this out and left so many questions instead of putting in more of the story :S

Edited by ithuriel

Last episode  of Homeland last night tied all the loose ends up, been a great series over all, Carrie has to be the most annoying television character ever!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Loved it. The person who I changed my opinion on the most was Steve Smith. Always thought he was a bit of a snide but he just loves cricket and is a little bit weird. Most of them came across well except Warner and maybe Khawaja. I really enjoy this access all areas documentaries. Wish we had one for the title win

Yeah Smith is a weirdo can’t deny it, but he just loves batting and the game, I put something on here after I watched it, I think there’s more than we’ll ever know going on in his head - like most people with a bit of genius in them. I think the same can be said about Marnus as well he’s, basically, Smith number 2. If his numbers carry on being as ridiculous as they were before cricket stopped because of COVID he will break all sorts of records. 

7 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Is the latest homeland on Netflix?

No it is on all 4 but only episodes 8 - 12. 

Edited by Tuna

We sort of fell into Normal People ..  saw it got excellent reviews ..  gentle romance but superbly done and very enjoyable ..  up to episode 5 ..

And bugger me Harry Maguire plays the lead role ..   so he does so he does ..  :)

54 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m always a bit behind but The Office is pretty good isn’t it.

peep show and the office, two of the very few things that are still funny from nearly 20 years ago and no matter how many times you watch them all the way through.