Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Anthony Knockaert

I was going to add that muzzy had a pretty special team around him which is only going to help, however when we got relegated and he played in the first division or whatever it was called back then, he showed his ability to break up attacks and well timed tackles. In that season he showed himself to be a class above. I'll hold my hands up to maybe a little bit of nostalgia creeping in, hopefully I'll be getting nostalgic about knocky in 15 years time.

Let's just say your definition of natural ability is very different to seemingly everyone else.

I really don't want to get drawn into this too much because I don't want to criticise knocky too much as I really rate him and think he is a fantastic prospect, but for me, and it is my opinion, I haven't seen knocky do anything that I don't feel muzzy was capable of.

I was going to add that muzzy had a pretty special team around him which is only going to help, however when we got relegated and he played in the first division or whatever it was called back then, he showed his ability to break up attacks and well timed tackles. In that season he showed himself to be a class above. I'll hold my hands up to maybe a little bit of nostalgia creeping in, hopefully I'll be getting nostalgic about knocky in 15 years time.

Nobody is saying Knockaert is a better player. He isn't (yet). I clearly stated its not even clear he'll be a top class player yet as you need consistency etc.

But his ability with the ball far surpasses what Izzet could do as a 21 year old.

I really don't want to get drawn into this too much because I don't want to criticise knocky too much as I really rate him and think he is a fantastic prospect, but for me, and it is my opinion, I haven't seen knocky do anything that I don't feel muzzy was capable of.

Sorry I disagree massively.

Don't get the Muzzy comparisons.

Muzzy was a hard work, box-to-box midfielder that typified the industrious work ethic of O'Neill's side. We considered him skillful and talented at the time but he was pretty direct and fairly simplistic in what he attempted compared to Knockaert.

Don't know why a bunch of feds would scare him. Talk about out of your jurisdiction.

even if you weren't making a crappy joke in relation to his use of the word "fed". said feds could still have you up, even if you're in England.

Don't get the Muzzy comparisons.

Muzzy was a hard work, box-to-box midfielder that typified the industrious work ethic of O'Neill's side. We considered him skillful and talented at the time but he was pretty direct and fairly simplistic in what he attempted compared to Knockaert.

We considered Muzzy Skilful and talented because he was, he wasn't just a box to box direct ,simplistic workhorse he was one of the best central midfielders in the premiership over a 4 or 5 year period.

Very comfortable on the ball, could dribble and finish as well, had plenty of tricks to unlock even the best top flight defences.

So far Knockaert has done well but a lot of it has been show boating against second tier opposition I wouldn't say he even comes close to Muzzy at this moment in time.

Hopefully we get promoted , he stays and goes on to become a legend like Muzzy is, then he can be compared, So far he has made a very promising start.

Completely different style of footballer to muzzy, no comparison at all

We considered Muzzy Skilful and talented because he was, he wasn't just a box to box direct ,simplistic workhorse he was one of the best central midfielders in the premiership over a 4 or 5 year period.

Very comfortable on the ball, could dribble and finish as well, had plenty of tricks to unlock even the best top flight defences.

So far Knockaert has done well but a lot of it has been show boating against second tier opposition I wouldn't say he even comes close to Muzzy at this moment in time.

Hopefully we get promoted , he stays and goes on to become a legend like Muzzy is, then he can be compared, So far he has made a very promising start.

spot on

Finnegan is right though, they are 2 very different players that play in very different ways, Knockaert is not yet fit to clean Muzzy's boots...

...but he can do things with the ball that Muzzy never could, in that sense the original comment is correct that he is the most technically/naturally gifted footballer that has been seen in Leicester in my days as a supporter, that is since '92. Not a criticism of Muzzy, but he had much more to his game than his natural ability, of which he had plenty, but Knockaert is something else, every time I've seen him play he has done something outrageous, he usually does a few stupid things too.

Archived