Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Anthony Knockaert

You just know that live on tv vs Forest he's going to be sensational. He's still getting to grips with this league but the flashes of brilliance are unknown down at Leicester and something special is on the horizon. I think he's going to put on a blindfold and then run in the box and score an scissor kick.

You just know that live on tv vs Forest he's going to be sensational. He's still getting to grips with this league but the flashes of brilliance are unknown down at Leicester and something special is on the horizon. I think he's going to put on a blindfold and then run in the box and score an scissor kick.

Don't be so silly! He will first give away a penalty, go in goal and save it, drop the ball and nutmeg all 11 players including Camp whilst holding a PS3 control, and he will celebrate by dropping his keggs and leaving a honker on a forest shirt!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I mentioned Knocky in my thoughts on the Huddersfield destruction in its post match thread, what I specifically said about him was this:

- Knocky back on it? Coincidentally it was vs the same team earlier this season that he scored 2 wondergoals and had us all jizzing on him, but since then I'd started to get the impression that he's flattered to deceive: Chipping in every now and then but looking a bit like he may be a bit too much flair and not enough end-product. Hopefully it isn't simply the case that he's the Udders' bogey man.

Wondered what some of the regular matchgoers had to say on this so I thought I'd bump this topic to get some second opinions on the lad so far.

I mentioned Knocky in my thoughts on the Huddersfield destruction in its post match thread, what I specifically said about him was this:

Wondered what some of the regular matchgoers had to say on this so I thought I'd bump this topic to get some second opinions on the lad so far.

He went through an average spell, but his performances for me had been picking up prior to this game.

I disagree, he went through a poor spell but so did the team during that point. As he's begun to pick up again so have the team, is that a coincidence? I remember our run of 6/7 wins earlier in the season coincided with Knockaert beginning to start for us. I think he has a huge effect on the other players around him. When he's on song, I genuinely think we can beat anyone. There's a touch of class to him.

I do sometimes worry that he's not a huge 'teamplayer'

A couple of times this season, against Huddersfield at home most recently, he's opted to run off on his own towards the fans to celebrate as opposed to with the team. In one game I remember Drinky going to actually fetch him to celebrate with the lads. I just hope he's liked within the team and not seen as a soloist or whatever.

But this is purely a minor complaint, he's obviously a great player and I do hope that he spends a good few years with us.

I do sometimes worry that he's not a huge 'teamplayer'

A couple of times this season, against Huddersfield at home most recently, he's opted to run off on his own towards the fans to celebrate as opposed to with the team. In one game I remember Drinky going to actually fetch him to celebrate with the lads. I just hope he's liked within the team and not seen as a soloist or whatever.

But this is purely a minor complaint, he's obviously a great player and I do hope that he spends a good few years with us.

In interviews they all say good things about Knockaert, and during the christmas video you can hear them all laughing at him

Too many people expected him to be completely on song every game and so people started to believe he was playing poor. I remember after some games, people on here moaning about him and seeing our opposition's fans raving about how good he was.

But he has looked better in the last few games, at Hull he was our only player that looked like creating and he was okay at Burnley when he remembered how to control the ball.

I didn't realise but a mate of mine who supports QPR went on Tuesday and he thought he was phenomenal, reminded him Taarabt. Now granted he was at the centre of just about everything on Tuesday but that's saying something. I want to watch him play every week, I expect him to be rested tomorrow but I'll still be disappointed if he doesn't play.

As for not being a team player, I disagree. The amount of work and running he does is high and he'll always give it his best. I just think he sometimes gets caught up in the occasion and wants to celebrate with the fans, like Kasper did on Tuesday, much like after every game he,ll come straight over to L1

I bloody love him. He's the most exciting player we've had at the KP since I can't remember when.

He might fook it up occasionally but he's great to watch and the game these days is so devoid of genuine mavericks and flair players that I'd forgive him anything I think. He seems to get that the crowd have paid to be entertained which I love about him.

I agree with above post - I think he is a team player and is becoming more so by the game. I would say he is our most talented player by a distance though so its to be expected that he'll try things on his own at times - particularly if the others aren't on his wavelength.

He's 21, has moved countries and has played his entire career in the French second division. He's bound to be inconsistent as he adapts and learns to a different league and style. Pearson clearly has faith in him and is willing to indulge him.

There is clearly 'something' there, his vision and technique are streets ahead of anything we've seen since the MON years, whether that ever develops and becomes something more tangible who knows but it's enjoyable watching him learn.

I think if he was half a yard quicker he'd never have come here in a million years, unlike certain players he can't simply rely on knocking it and running.

He's 21, has moved countries and has played his entire career in the French second division. He's bound to be inconsistent as he adapts and learns to a different league and style. Pearson clearly has faith in him and is willing to indulge him.

There is clearly 'something' there, his vision and technique are streets ahead of anything we've seen since the MON years, whether that ever develops and becomes something more tangible who knows but it's enjoyable watching him learn.

I think if he was half a yard quicker he'd never have come here in a million years, unlike certain players he can't simply rely on knocking it and running.

Thisssssssss

Archived