Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Blackpool Prematch Fodder (A)

We NEED to bounce back, I'm not that pleased with the relaxed attitude Pearson is portraying, we've been poor for a while now and really need to buckle down and buck our ideas up.

For a while? We've lost 2 league games of the last 7, that is not a while, that is a very short time, made to feel longer by cup games we didn't want.

No problem with bringing Gallagher back, everyone deserves a chance to win their place back, but would play him more central, they have good wingers and I think Pearson might adopt an approach similar to Hull away, 451 tighten up keep a clean sheet, and build on that, we got a creditable draw from that game and it lead to 5 wins on the bounce.

However badly any of these players played Tuesday night, unless they are injured, they are all more than capable of getting the better of Blackpool.

If SSL is back, I would start him, as Keane does sound a bit out of sorts, and his experience will help at the back, other than that I would go with the midfield that we had against Hull away, and play Wood as the loan striker.

Nugent and Kane, if available, on the bench to come on if we need a goal.

Merc

Leicester City will be without midfielder Matty James for tomorrow's trip to Blackpool.

The former Manchester United youth product picked up a knee injury during Tuesday's home defeat to Charlton Athletic.

• ​4588927.jpg
    Leicester City midfielder Matty James is sent sprawling by Charlton’s Johnnie Jackson during Tuesday night’s clash

• •
  • •

Andy King is expected to replace James in central midfield alongside Danny Drinkwater.

"We are pretty free of injuries but it looks like we will be without Matty James for the weekend, which is disappointing," said City boss Nigel Pearson.

"He has a sore knee, which is unfortunate. We can't see one particular incident where he has picked that up. We will see how he is over the next few days.

"He is a good playericon1.png and I think he has done excellently for us this season. But, having said that, we have competition in that area. While I am disappointed for the lad, we will overcome it."

After two consecutive league defeats, and the FA Cup exit at the hands of Huddersfield sandwiched between, Pearson said his players must rediscover the form which saw them rise to second in the Championshipicon1.png when they face Paul Ince's Seasiders.

City have slipped to fifth in the table, while second-placed Hull have now opened up a nine-point gap over them ahead of this weekend's fixtures.

Pearson admitted his side have looked out of sorts over the past three gamesicon1.png but said they can soon get back to the form which saw them win five consecutive games after Boxing Day.

"We have to get back to winninglb_icon1.png ways, it's as simple as that," he said.

"To do that it will be based on hard work and the values that have formed the foundation of our season so far.

"Our work ethic has been very high. Unfortunately, certainly on Tuesday, we have looked a little bit out of sorts. Sometimes that happens."

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-18220986-detail/story.html?#ixzz2LcPU7akl

Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

Schmeichel

RDL

Morgan

Keane

Konchesky

Vardy

Waghorn

Wood

Nugent

Kane

Futacs

might score more than them this way.

I'm with this guy. Cut out the midfield - by not playing one. Just hoof it over the quagmire to a hulking great forward line (in the main, Waggy), and fight for the scraps. And nobody is allowed to wear shin-pads. Now I'm really looking forward to it !! :)

Personally I wouldn't start with either Knockaert or Marshall. They have gone off the boil. I'm not to keen on Gallagher either as I think he is a player of the past rather than as Pearson should be doing, looking to the future.

We really need to nail a poor Blackpool side who are in serious decline but the acid test will be the improving Blackburn on another Tuesday evening kick off.

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Keane

Konchesky

King

Drinkwater

Nugent

Knockaert

Dyer

Wood

Subs: Logan, St Ledger, Wellens, Marshall, Waghorn, Kane, Gallagher

I would line up like this tomorrow, I think Knockaert has been poor on the wing recently due to defenders sussing him out so I'd give him a free role and use his unpredictability in central areas. I considered leaving Knockaert out all together given the state of their pitch but if he is as good as he thinks he is then he should be able to play on any pitch.

I'd start Nugent out wide, he doesn't like it I know but I think he does a lot of his best work in the wide areas anyway. I think we have to start him because he usually performs well when he's getting some stick, which he will get being ex-Preston.

I've seen Blackpool quite a bit this season, Broadfoot is definately the weak link when put under pressure and the pool fans are always giving him stick (although he has improved slightly at centre back. There not the best in the midfield either, Basham is limited, Osbourne runs around a lot, Angel and Tiago Gomes are technically good but struggle on the pitch.

I can see a result similar to Burnley, a ground out 1-0 win. Pearson usually gets a performance like this when we need one. Here's hoping anyway.

There is something truly magnificent about the eternal optimism of everyone who has followed this glorious club of ours down the years. Here we are, two thirds of the way through the season, and people are still offering creative formations as to how we might line up ! Love it. Personally, I have a sneaky suspicion it might just be 4-4-2 for a change ??

There is something truly magnificent about the eternal optimism of everyone who has followed this glorious club of ours down the years. Here we are, two thirds of the way through the season, and people are still offering creative formations as to how we might line up ! Love it. Personally, I have a sneaky suspicion it might just be 4-4-2 for a change ??

lol

The optimistic me says Blackpool 1 Leicester 2. Wood and a late winner from Harry Kane.

James is out anyway so drop Kane in behind Nuge & Wood Bring St Ledger back in, Keane's not looking as solid as he was and St Ledger's a bit more mobile. I'm tempted to say pop Knockaert on the bench for a couple of games but I'd stick to this

____________Kasper______________

RDL_____Wes_____Ledge_____Konch

Knocky_______Drinky________Dyer

___________Kane__________

____Nuge____________Wood_____

Blackpool are certainly not the side they have been in previous seasons. I would go for the 4-3-3 to match up with them in a syatem that was effective for us away at Hull and Burnley back in the festive period. St Ledger back for me as we need his experience at the back with Morgan

GK: Kasper

LB: Konchesky

DC: St Ledger

DC: Morgan

DR: De Laet

MC: Drinkwater

MC: King

AMC: Gallagher

ST: Dyer

ST: Wood

ST: Nugent

Subs: Logan, Keane, Marshall, Wellens, Kane, Waghorn, Vardy