Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Loanees in and Loanees out?

if i am not mistaken if he plays one more game we will have to pay everton 1.5million as after a certain amount of games this kicks in.also if we are to get any money back on him it more lightly to be nearer  2.5m than 4m so its a no brainer.

would we have to though? The Play-offs aren't league games their are their own competition so would they actually count

Beckford doesn't deserve to be playing for us in the Play-Offs, same goes for Danns and the other players who have done nothing to get us there.

you're an idiot, if they had broken their leg and gotten fit in time to play you'd refuse?

well maybe they deserve to more as they didn't go on a run of 3 wins in 17 nearly blowing it and throwing away a fairly comfortable spot in second...

well maybe they deserve to more as they didn't go on a run of 3 wins in 17 nearly blowing it and throwing away a fairly comfortable spot in second...

Or maybe they don't because the they were fighting relegation on the same day that we got into the Play-Offs? :dunno:

I'm no Jermaine Beckford wide as I've said time over.

However, he IS currently showing some sort of form. It will be interesting to see whether 'stubborn' Nige sticks with his boys, including Kane or if he really thinks that Beckford might add something.

Personally, I think Pearson won't entertain the idea. Whether this is a good or bad thing remains to be seen.

Given a bench of Vardy, Kane and Waggy as replacement strikers, I can't help thinking an in form Beckford would be more dangerous than any of the other three.

would we have to though? The Play-offs aren't league games their are their own competition so would they actually count

I'm sure they'd still count. Shame as I agree with others that Becks might be a useful weapon off the bench - I'm not a big fan by any means but he's a better bet than Kane / Vardy / Gally / Jamie Marko that's for sure.

Great minds Col!

Re: Keane - I imagine any extension will be up to Man U and I can't think of any reason they might deny him the chance to get a bit more big match experience.

Beckford - If that contract clause is true regarding the triggering of another payment, fair enough it's not worth it. If it's not true, he has been scoring recently and I wouldn't be against giving him a place on the bench if he's up for it. Nugent and Wood have had the touch of a rapist recently and JB has bagged more than both of them put together in recent weeks hasn't he? Can't even remember the last time Nugent scored.

you're an idiot, if they had broken their leg and gotten fit in time to play you'd refuse?

But they did play most of the season at a side that marginally avoided relegation.

Has Keane's loan been sorted yet?

My choice of partner with Morgan would be Keane & if he's unavailable then Moore... Although I would slot SSL in ahead of Whitbread should the need spread so far.

As for being involved on Thursday? I highly doubt it & hope not, he's not been with the squad since he bailed on us

To be honest I'd like to see Morgan and St Ledger at the back, here's one to thing about how many goals have we conceded when Morgan and St Ledger are in our defence and how many have we conceded when Morgan and Keane in our defence?

To be honest I'd like to see Morgan and St Ledger at the back, here's one to thing about how many goals have we conceded when Morgan and St Ledger are in our defence and how many have we conceded when Morgan and Keane in our defence?

this. although I love Keano, and he's been quite brilliant for us considering his age etc

And how many games did St Ledger actually play. As I keep stating, when I looked into the stats a few games back the 22 games Keane had played compared to the 22 he hadn't, we'd only conceded something like three more goals, which is negligible.

I rate SSL. Would be a big gamble to put him straight in though.

...not that he will be. NP knows what he wants (and I like that), but whatever you make of Keane (potentially excellent imo), he's not kept many (any?!) clean sheets here.

why do people like Keane so much, he was terrible against Forest and that is fact, he should have done better for their first goal and what he was doing in the second half when he tried wrestling with their stiker, stood like a donkey for a couple of seconds as their player passed it out wide and then proceeded to lose his man and ball watch so that that striker had a free header on goal that only just went wide is unbelievable, this is just in the forest game, I can name countless more times when he has let us down, I don't care about his age either, this league is ruthless and therefore so shall I 

SSL has played some games as a holding Midfielder for Millwall - think Pearson may have him on the bench as a possible alternative option as well as cover for centre half (and possibly right back, although he was awful there against Derby)

Archived