Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Their entire first-choice back four - Cohen, Wilson, Hobbs, Lichaj - is out at the moment along with a number of other players. That will be holding them back. Undoubtedly we'd all be bemoaning our misfortune if the same were to happen to us but because it's Billy Davies saying it it's a just a 'bullshit excuse.'

I know it's tempting to mock them whenever the opportunity comes around but had those players been available you can't sure for sure they'd be where they are.

He does have valid points, but he's forever been moaning about not being backed in the transfer market or not having a big enough squad so it's boy who cried wolf scenario I'm afraid.

Billy Davies really can do no wrong in Forest Fans eyes can he! Wity the amount of players they've signed I'd be expecting a lot more from them. They remind me of us under Sven.

Well done Burnley :)

There is a lot about them that reminds me of Leicester in 2011/12. I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible here - but I really do think a high proportion of their fans are buying into something shit. From a footballing perspective, I don't trust Fawaz to deliver them success. He strikes me as someone who thinks he can please everyone, someone who isn't particularly confident in what he's doing so he tries to lap it up via social media to win people over (and is successful in doing so). I'd have King Power over Fawaz any day of the week.

I also think a lot of them are laughable about 'King' Billy. He's only ever matched Pearson's record at Leicester and Pearson's spent a fraction for Leicester of what Davies has spent for Forest - and I think in six months time Pearson will be a league above him. Davies has been really exposed this season, they should be far better than what they are for me.

Their entire first-choice back four - Cohen, Wilson, Hobbs, Lichaj - is out at the moment along with a number of other players. That will be holding them back. Undoubtedly we'd all be bemoaning our misfortune if the same were to happen to us but because it's Billy Davies saying it it's a just a 'bullshit excuse.'

I know it's tempting to mock them whenever the opportunity comes around but had those players been available you can't sure for sure they'd be where they are.

I do agree, but when you consider the amount of players they've bought this season and the amount they've recklessly spent, then I've got no sympathy for them. It's Karma really - no-one is seriously going to try and convince me that Forest are acting within FFP boundaries? I hate to sound the goody two shoes but surely you can't just ignore them like they have done?

There's truth in what you say but them and QPR deserve everything they get.

Just been looking through the history of the Championship at this point in the season. Only Reading who ended on 106 points were better off at this point in the history of the championship. They were on 79. Essentially if we were to bottle it now, it would be an unprecedented fall. 

We're 3 games ahead of Cardiff. They didn't get to 71 points 'til 35 games in. Even Newcastle were only on 66 points at this stage in their dominant campaign! Every other year is nowhere near the 70's. That really does put in to context just how well we're doing. It's incredible really.

Here's the website I used to find all this: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2013-2014/table

Admittedly Forest have a lot of injuries but I had to laugh at the excuse made by one of their fans on LTLF forum.

Djebbour and Abdoun both started together for the first time on Saturday and this Forest poster said: "It was no surprise we lost with the two Algerians starting - it must have been a terrible culture shock for them when they got off the team coach at Burnley.":)

Somebody posted a YouTube clip of Forest players getting off the team coach at Turf Moor and I must admit Djebbour looked a bit bewildered.

Having just signed from Olympiakos, he probably thought Turf Moor was a bit of a dump compared to the Nou Camp, Bernabeu, the Stadio Olimpico and some of the other Champions League grounds he has played at

He was probably even more shell-shocked after 35 minutes with Forest 3-0 down.

It would undoubtedly have an affect on any team were that to happen to them but i believe the amount of injuries indicates something wrong at Forest.  The sheer amount of injuries would suggest its not luck but poor player management causing these injuries.

It is an excuse but I think its from the own doing rather then being 'unlucky'.

The reason it's a bullshit excuse is because other than Wilson they have been able to pick their best team up until only recently. Cohen was still playing at the end of November with the rest and they were still 16 points behind us then!!

They would probably we a few more points better off recently as they now have quite a lot out, but they weren't setting the world alight even with pretty much their full team.

The "we'd be above Leicester without the injuries" excuses are just ramblings of mad men.

Just been looking through the history of the Championship at this point in the season. Only Reading who ended on 106 points were better off at this point in the history of the championship. They were on 79. Essentially if we were to bottle it now, it would be an unprecedented fall.

We're 3 games ahead of Cardiff. They didn't get to 71 points 'til 35 games in. Even Newcastle were only on 66 points at this stage in their dominant campaign! Every other year is nowhere near the 70's. That really does put in to context just how well we're doing. It's incredible really.

Here's the website I used to find all this: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2013-2014/table

Ive bin looking for this information for a while thank you. Absolutely correct just shows what a good campaign were having. Just need to keep going till the end now

Archived