Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Boro Post Match Thread

I'm chuffed, really thought we'd have a hangover from last season and start slowly (we still might granted) but to be off the mark early is fantastic, especially away from home.

Was thinking the same and to come back and win with 45minutes left shows the character in the team.

Roll on next week.

To be fair to the doubters out there at the end of the day we all love Leicester and want us to do well but just because they have reservations that we might not do well doesn't mean there not fans

Spot on mate..

However, it's important to give it time. Especially the full 90 mins!

I should say it's very easy to be smug in hindsight but we did play wank in the first half. Besides in the long term today doesn't prove that Vardy is good enough or that Drinkwater should be in the starting 11 every week.

There's nothing wrong with having a prediction pre-match or criticising the line-up, as long as it's not over the top and just based on bias. It's ok to do those things and be incorrect sometimes as well.

The thing we want to avoid is blind hate for the manager and everything he does, and the players as well.

To be fair to the doubters out there at the end of the day we all love Leicester and want us to do well but just because they have reservations that we might not do well doesn't mean there not fans

Some on here just never share a positive opinion and look for any reason to knock Pearson and the players, sometimes you should show some optimism. Sure they are Leicester fans but it must be dull just only seeing negatives...

Oh no, it just means they're usually pretty mute on a good day, and flourishing in this forum on a bad day with their purest of negativity.

Very good interview from Nigel.

Big respect to him for what he said tonight.

Softer, more open, honest.

What did he say? Turned it off as they were talking about him patting the badge.

It doesn't even mean they are wrong, much as a game is 90 mins a season is 46 games. So 45 left to win.

seenitall, BNET, Dangerous Tiger, Swiss_tony, AnotherShitSeason, suffolk fox, red5, ManorFox, etc. etc.

YOUR NEGATIVITY TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!

:scarf:

I am delighted we won, However after one game, to say "Your negativity took the hell of a beating" is nonsensical, and you of all people know that as fact.

When the end of the season comes, I truly hope you will be saying it,. I will be more than delighted. 

Keep your feet on the ground, and let's all hope we can do well, but until the final whistle blows on the season, none of us will know, how we have fared, positive or negative. Not one of your better posts.

Exactly.

I have an opinion i'm not gonna say something I don't think just because others might think i'm a doubter or negative, it's how I feel, how I see it, I always back up alot of what I say by saying I want to be proved wrong, occasionally I am but very rarely I am, does that say something?

I want Leicester to do well and when Leicester are doing well you very rarely hear me doubt, be negative, moan.

I'm not a sheep, i'll say how I feel or how I see it, I won't lose any sleep over what people think of me.

Too add to that i'll always explain myself and answer questions asked of my opinions and will admit when proven wrong, atleast i'm honest with myself.

And above all else, i'll listen to other people's opinion, I may not agree with them but people are welcome to their opinion, I won't go slagging them off, starting petty arguments with them, swear at them like some do.

Of course not. But people can have doubts and reservations without writing the team, the players, the management and the game off before a ball has even been kicked... they might be "fans" but I'm not sure they are supporters.

As I keep saying, it's not people having doubts that annoys people, it's the sometimes ridiculous negativity.

Ha ha be honest, would you have said that if we had lost? :D  ;)

100% yes.

If he is open and honest with us win lose or draw what more can we ask for?

I think Stringer does us no favours with Nigel quite often, but I think Nigel also puts his guard up all too often.

Was really nice to hear him relaxed and open.

Majority of the pre-match comments were absolutely pathetic.

We hadn't even kicked a ball yet and some people wanted Pearson's head on a plate, regardless of whether we lost or not. 

Vindication for Nige (not that he should have needed it), some breathing space for Vardy & Co., and Knocky will play a big part this season, unless his future lies elsewhere/he throws his toys out the pram. 

Good start. On to the next one. 

Archived