Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Boro Post Match Thread

One goal doesn't change opinions.

He might of improved second half, but first half a couple on here said he was poor(whole team was probs poor, but your talking Drinky)

So yeah, he has to have some consistent games first, for me to change my mind again.

You can't win can you. If you'd changed your mind you'd be called fickle.

Good for you. But also good for Drinky, he was much better second half.

You can't win can you. If you'd changed your mind you'd be called fickle.

Good for you. But also good for Drinky, he was much better second half.

Used to it.

If Drinky is consistent and is playing well I will say so.

If he starts and plays well against Leeds, I will give him a good rating, not going to give him a 3 just to be a twat. 

I think we all need to take a breath, I have been very critical of Nigel since the end of last season, but it's one game one win, alot of the old criticisms first half came to the fore, but credit to him i didn't see a response second half coming along, so credit to the man, and players.

So I believe it's a little early for anybody to be saying "I told you so", but I feel alot more excited about the season now, but there is plenty of time left for alot of twists and tales.

But a very positive start and If Nigel can remain as open, honest, and not arrogant like today's post match interview, I could take to the bloke, promotion or not.

And before anybody jumps in and said if we lost would I say the same, yes, I would, I don't think we will know anything about the season/ players/ management after 1 game, 10 to 15 games maybe.

So come on Nigel enjoyed the second half, loved the interview, now lets get some consistency and see were it takes us.

If Drinky is consistent and is playing well I will say so.

Of course you will... and then you will say it was a fluke like you did two hours ago.

What have I said about Drinkwater from Day One.

His wack, his good spell last season was a fluke.

Vardy. Excellent finish. Hope this brings out some more confidence in him and if he scores consistently then I'll forgive him for his haircut.

2nd half we sounded like Middlesbrough did on top. Kept the ball well, more threatening and more attacking. Pearson vindicated in taking Wood off and leaving Vardy on. 

Interesting that people will criticise Pearson all year round but then barely praise him or get behind him when he makes the right decisions, like he did today. 

I really enjoyed that!

First half we were very, very poor and 'Boro could have had more than one. 

Second half we were better, the better team imo. Drinkwater's goal was excellent and that changed his performance, he seemed better after that, and Vardy's was a great finish although I though he'd took a poor touch at first.

Nugent was excellent when he came on, his ability to make great runs in behind is sensational.

Where are all the idiots who were giving me stick in the Boro Match Thread before the game!?

Keep away from me you negative bastards and UP THE CITY!

Oh and well done Jamie Vardy for silencing those morons that doubted you today! :D

Right here, because you were being a complete and utter cuntjacket. Suggesting that a player isn't cut out to play a role is hardly negativity.

Anyway, great turn around in performance second half. Good goal from Vardy, hopefully he can kick on and get more, because as a goal scorer last season he was non-existent. Still not sure on Konch at LWB, will be happier when Zoom is up to speed and playing I think - would suit a wing-back role more than Konch - he's just a defender, not a winger.

Any news on Whitbread yet? Because I'm struggling to see what we've got if he's out long term. Moore can step up to first team but beyond that...

Pleased for Vardy, hopefully will give him the confidence to score more. Still think waggy looked like his best strike partner last season. If we can get all 5 strikers fighting for a place and scoring goals then things look promising.

Excellent result, very pleased.

Especially pleased for Drinkwater and Vardy, they were both important in our great start to last season, maybe an omen...... :thumbup:

Indeed, couldn't have picked two better players to score the goals, after their travails in the second half of last season.

Hopefully it'll help give them both the confidence to go on and have a good season.

Middlesbrough boss Tony Mowbray has suggested thatLeicester City's first goal may have been offside.

Boro were beaten 2-1 by City after leading, and dominating for much of the first half.

He also pinpointed his side's failure to get a second goal when they were one-nil up, as a key factor in the defeat.

"There's a hint of offside about their first goal," said Mowbray.

The thing about being excited is just the same as being negative should we have lost. It's one game one win, but only really one good half.

Couple more games and we'll have a better idea.

Pearson clearly got a reaction from the players - which is a real positive.

We all need to take a breath, enjoy the win but keep our feet firmly on the rocky ground of the Championship.

Today shows just what a twat you can look by posting too early during the match thread.

It's a 90 minute game.

Well done Pearson and especially Vardy with the winner. Three points I wasn't expecting us to get today.

Great post mate :thumbup:

I hope that my previous plea for time and patience with Vardy pays dividends and leaves a lot of folk with egg on their faces :P sublime finish from him today COYB :chant:

Archived