Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Penalty Taker

Who should take out penalty's?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who should take our penalty's?

• Nugent
    • Wood
    • Vardy
    • Waghorn
    • King
    • Knockaert
    • James
    • Marshall
    • Drinkwater
    • Konchesky
    • Other

Nigel sounded pretty annoyed that Nugent took the penalty on Tuesday night. It is right though that if he's alright to take a penalty in the first round of the cup against League 2 opposition then why was he nowhere to be seen for the penalty against Watford? Nothing against Knockaert because he wanted it and was willing to put himself on the line but it says a lot about a players belief in themselves as well as their personality when they shy away at crunch time.

Nigel sounded pretty annoyed that Nugent took the penalty on Tuesday night. It is right though that if he's alright to take a penalty in the first round of the cup against League 2 opposition then why was he nowhere to be seen for the penalty against Watford? Nothing against Knockaert because he wanted it and was willing to put himself on the line but it says a lot about a players belief in themselves as well as their personality when they shy away at crunch time.

Not sure I agree with this argument. Against Watford there was no opportunity for anyone else to even consider stepping up. As soon as he had won it Knockaert grabbed the ball and walked it over to the spot, he wanted it and wasn't about to give it up. Only if we had had a designated, regular penalty taker on the field (which Nugent wasn't/isn't) could Morgan or anyone else have said something and made him hand it over.

In reply to ttfn (sorry dont know how to put his post in my reply!) I need educating

Nugent went up to knockheart and said something when he had the ball in his hand before placing it down at watford.

Might just have been to tell him where to place it or he could have offered to take it

Who knows?

In reply to ttfn (sorry dont know how to put his post in my reply!) I need educating

Nugent went up to knockheart and said something when he had the ball in his hand before placing it down at watford.

Might just have been to tell him where to place it or he could have offered to take it

Who knows?

You press the quote button at the bottom right of somebodys post

Not sure I agree with this argument. Against Watford there was no opportunity for anyone else to even consider stepping up. As soon as he had won it Knockaert grabbed the ball and walked it over to the spot, he wanted it and wasn't about to give it up. Only if we had had a designated, regular penalty taker on the field (which Nugent wasn't/isn't) could Morgan or anyone else have said something and made him hand it over.

Seem to remember it wasn't straight forward as Harry Kane was quite keen to take it, before Knockaert insisted he was taking it.

Don't mind as long as they're just as confident stepping up to take it in an under pressure situation as they are when it doesn't really matter. Most footballers can score a peno, but not all have the mentality to cope with the pressure.

Do need a priority list so everyone knows the hierarchy when they're awarded. Ideally Gally would be top but you need someone who plays regularly so they are used to taking them.

Did Fryatt ever miss one for us? He usually did the business.

Definitely missed a few. Missed against Palace when Gally got the rebound, think he missed another that Play Off season but scored the rebound too (can't remember who against though). 

And that one against Oldham with Windass in goal. Probably others too. 

Gally never looked like missing and probably won't ever miss one, but he won't play so I'd have to say Nugent would probably be my choice. He doesn't like the pressure it seems and has never been a penalty taker though. King is a good finisher so maybe him and Matty James always looks composed and would probably sort it. 

Archived