Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester the best team in the Championship - McCarthy

I think he's wrong but I don't think it's mind-games cos McCarthy seems to say it how he sees it.

QPR, IMO are the best squad in the division.

However, on our day, I think we can beat any Championship side.

He said team not squad. A collection of good players does not always a good team make.

There was a Pearson interview recently where he mentioned having players who may have been of better quality in our squad, but did not fit in the spirit of the squad. I think that sums up what he's been trying to do since he came back, something we as fans just don't see.

He said team not squad. A collection of good players does not always a good team make.

There was a Pearson interview recently where he mentioned having players who may have been of better quality in our squad, but did not fit in the spirit of the squad. I think that sums up what he's been trying to do since he came back, something we as fans just don't see.

Fair enough.. Good post

:thumbup:

Tbf, if hes only seen us a 'few' times and watford was one of them hes bang on. We sit second and at times have played some phenomenal football, its not unrealistic to think what hes said is true is it?

I dunno why, but I've always considered McCarthy to be a 'genuine' football manager, with no bullshit or airs or graces. He comes across like that. So again, I think he's just saying it how he sees it.

How do you know that? Perhaps he's just saying what he thinks.

I'm not saying he isn't, but it's strange that he comes out with this when we are just about to play them.

I like Mick McCarthy, I like his interviews, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying something in there. He's been around a while.

Don't know why anybody takes these sorts of comments seriously.

I didn't think so.  Simple case of bigging up the opposition in the hope that your team raise their game.

That way if you win you look like a genius, and if you lose you have a ready made excuse.

However, he could be right, we're certainly 1 of the best 3 teams in the league at the mo, and Burnley and QPR don't worry me in any way.

Archived