Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Contract talks with Dyer break down?

How has BBC Radio Leicester found out a bit weird if you ask me. I bet its his agent being a twat saying he wants more money when he don't or something. Looks like we might be seeing the end to his time here, thanks Lloyd for winning us the title

It is likely that NP doesn't see him as first choice, it probably means that we need two wingers now as opposed to one which I initially thought we bring in the summer.

Thanks for the memories Dyer, he will have plenty of suitors at championship level can see him going to Ipswich.

This is probably a ploy from his agent to encourage Leicester to give in to their demands. I bet he does a sign a new deal, he'd be a fool not to enjoy the Premier League for at least one season.

Same wage as he's on now or what we have offered him for being in the PL?

There's no way I'd want him at the club te season after next whatever division we're in, I'd expect him to have been replaced by a younger player before then.

Sorry, wasn't clear - same Championship wage (i.e. this season's) if we get relegated. If we stay up and he makes 15 appearances, same wage as next season which I do not expect to be significantly higher anyway.

Lloyd Dyer's contract talks have broken down - http://bbc.in/1i68DhZ  #LCFC

Bit confused as there's nothing on his link...

Lloyd Dyer: Winger set for Leicester City departure

Lloyd Dyer is expected to leave Leicester City after contract talks with the Premier League-bound club broke down, says BBC Radio Leicester.

Winger Dyer's current deal runs out this summer, although he has been offered a one-year extension.

The 31-year-old has made 266 appearances and scored 39 goals since joining City from MK Dons in 2008.

Dyer scored the winning goal at Bolton last month to seal the Championship title for the Foxes.

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27259853

I don't blame him for wanting 2 years. A 1 year contract where he may hardly feature could be the end his of his career. He's not got many big earning years left in him he's got to look after himself. The club don't want to offer him 2 years that's fair enough too.

The fact it is on the BBC website makes me think this isn't Stringer make as story out of it as he does, although it could be due to Stringer it is on the BBC website, but I think there must be more to it if the BBC has published it.

As a player i would always be angling for a two year deal. Its not as if he is 40.

I think only offering a one year deal at this stage is a bit tight considering his contribution over the last few years.

Two years makes sense for the club too as we could get a fee for him if it turns out he is out of his depth next season.

This is probably a ploy from his agent to encourage Leicester to give in to their demands. I bet he does a sign a new deal, he'd be a fool not to enjoy the Premier League for at least one season.

Pearson and Walsh can find better players more suited for next season, there's no reason to give in apart from sentiment.

I highly doubt it, unless you're factoring in him joining a club after us. I can't see us offering over double what a Championship club would though.

I don't, he's probably currently earning more than any club will offer him under FFP and I assume he's being offered an increase to play in the PL.

I'd have thought that due to FFP all players in the PL would be earning at least 2 twice as much as any player signing a new contract in the Championship under FFP.

Rumours are that Real Madrid have offered him a two-year deal at £80k a week - they've signed two new coaches to work on his "end product" which will make him a "world-class player".

I've lost the link to the source right now but I will be sure to post it later when I find it again.  :pearson:

Guest MattP

If he wants two years then it's time to go unfortunately.

I love the bloke and I would be dubious about giving him one, think he won't be anywhere near the standard required next year.

We should offer him one year plus coaching opportunities - isn't that what we supposed to offer all ex/retiring players according to some on here, he can coach them on how to run fast.

PS I like him really.

I don't blame him for wanting 2 years. A 1 year contract where he may hardly feature could be the end his of his career. He's not got many big earning years left in him he's got to look after himself. The club don't want to offer him 2 years that's fair enough too.

Careful what you wish for however. Can't see many clubs handing out 2 plus year deals in the era of FFP for players over 30.

Sorry, wasn't clear - same Championship wage (i.e. this season's) if we get relegated. If we stay up and he makes 15 appearances, same wage as next season which I do not expect to be significantly higher anyway.

I can't imagine Dyer in the PL, I certainly can't imagine a 33 year old Dyer in the Premier. I think the club are playing this correctly, 1 season only.

Archived