Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Contract talks with Dyer break down?

That's where I think he'll end up too.

Sadly I can see him staying in the midlands - close to his roots/family - maybe going to Forest or Derby although I hope not. Maybe one of the Birmingham teams will come in for him depending on what leagues they are all in. I do hope he stays.

If it's only a question of a 1 or 2 year contract then I'd be willing to offer a 2 year contract but at championship wages. He could then sample the Prem from the bench and then we could sell him to a championship club after a few months when we have another replacement in for him easily.

Win - Win for us.

Lloyd has been a fantastic servant for this club and I think that's why he wants two years, and maybe it's not about the amount of money he could make only taking one year? maybe he just wants some security that he will still have a club for the next two years, preferably one that he clearly has an affinity for.

I understand he hasn't been a key player since January but he still offers something different, a genuine old school wide man which Mahrez and Knockaert are not, and that is in no way a criticism of the two of them as they have been superb, however we'll need as many different options to use in the Premier League and as a player who has been with us since the League One days I feel we should give him 2 years, considering we were desperate to keep hold of him in summer when other clubs were sniffing around.....

Can see the perspective of both sides here, but Lloyd would be silly to refuse. What a chance to play in the Prem and if he does well he'll get another year. Have faith in yourself Lloyd!

If he does leave, I may cry.

What a great servant he has been to this football club, we have had some shit wingers down the years, but he has been up there with some of the best we've had especially in the past 10 years. 

I will miss shouting "Run Usain" everytime he gets the ball. 

One of a few players, I really love.

Interesting. Thanks for the memories, Lloyd. Least of all the title-sealing goal vs Bolton. I would have thought he'd take up a year in the Premier League.

I wonder what wage he was offered and what he wanted, regardless of how long the contract was.

Just to play devil's advocate, there are other motivations in footballing life, and I don't just mean money.

Lloyd always looks like he enjoys his football and he's a hard worker. He's spent spells out of the team here and I doubt he enjoys it.

Playing in the Premier League would be richly deserved for him in his heart he perhaps knows he's not really of that standard. He probably, and rightly, looks at the career and thinks "You know what, that's not half bad. I'm not Gareth Bale but I've got Champions medals for the two highest levels of the football league". He should be proud of that, and maybe feels he'd regret spending the twilight of his career not in the matchday squad more than he would missing out on the Premier League.

That's not even going into money matters, he has a young family does he not? Lot to be said for job security.

He's been the only player I would describe as a true icon and servant of this club from the last decade and deserves to depart with his head held high and all the goodwill we can muster. He will be a great signing for any Championship side.

I reckon he'll stay, he'll sit down and think about it, he won't get another club in the Premier League and he's well liked and settled in Leicester so that may change his mind.

I think the club are right to only offer one year, in any case. If he does well next year in whatever role he could well get another contract offer.

Don't forget the role that 'Advisers' have in modern football, no doubt someone will be filling his head with all sorts of nonsense.

This is just the start of a series of 'negotiations' such as players contracts / sponsorship deals etc .....

Welcome to the Premier League where the sharks smell blood very very quicky

If he does leave, I may cry.

What a great servant he has been to this football club, we have had some shit wingers down the years, but he has been up there with some of the best we've had especially in the past 10 years. 

I will miss shouting "Run Usain" everytime he gets the ball. 

One of a few players, I really love.

So THAT is why he's going.

Even though usually I'd be adverse to pandering to a player, we could give these a go since it's Lloyd:

Please don't go, Dyer

Please don't go,

Please don't go, Dyer

Please don't go,

Please don't go, Dyer

Please don't go

Oh Lloyd please don't go

Or:

Dyer, sign the ting,

Dyer, Dyer, sign the ting

Archived