Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Contract talks with Dyer break down?

With all due respect to Lloyd - who has been fantastic this season - why would we offer him a two-year deal? He's found it increasingly difficult to break into the team since the arrival of Mahrez and he's got to be considered an 'ageing' player.

I can't see why he wouldn't take his 1 year, get a chance to play in the Premier League as a squad player. I don't see any better alternatives to that. Maybe Burnley or another promoted team will chance him on a two-year deal? It's possible.

As much as I love Lloyd, he'd be a fool to turn down a year in the Prem. I'd say give him a year with a clause to say he gets another year at the same wage should:

a) we get relegated, or

b) he makes 15 appearances

Love ya Lloydy, gave me some good memories and been one of my favourite players since you've been here (Amongst others).

Hope the club can talk you round but if they don't good luck in the future!

As much as I love Lloyd, he'd be a fool to turn down a year in the Prem. I'd say give him a year with a clause to say he gets another year at the same wage should:

a) we get relegated, or

b) he makes 15 appearances

Same wage as he's on now or what we have offered him for being in the PL?

There's no way I'd want him at the club te season after next whatever division we're in, I'd expect him to have been replaced by a younger player before then.

Lloyd Dyer: Winger set for Leicester City departure

Lloyd Dyer is expected to leave Leicester City after contract talks with the Premier League-bound club broke down, says BBC Radio Leicester.

Winger Dyer's current deal runs out this summer, although he has been offered a one-year extension.

The 31-year-old has made 266 appearances and scored 39 goals since joining City from MK Dons in 2008.

Dyer scored the winning goal at Bolton last month to seal the Championship title for the Foxes.

More to follow.

He'll surely earn more in a year in the PL with us than he will in 2 years with a Championship club.

I highly doubt it, unless you're factoring in him joining a club after us. I can't see us offering over double what a Championship club would though.

A contract like GTF's with an extra year after x performances would be fair imo.  I really hope we keep him.

He may not want this. It is still up to the management whether they activate this clause in GTF's contract - same if Lloyd was offered it.

Archived