Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Contract talks with Dyer break down?

Take the one season on improved wages - if he's not involved he'll go out on loan to a Championship club but still have the extra money. Win/Win all round, surely?

This story probably released by Dyer's agent, trying to force the issue 

:thumbup:

I can't imagine Dyer in the PL, I certainly can't imagine a 33 year old Dyer in the Premier. I think the club are playing this correctly, 1 season only.

That's because you've written him off every season since League One despite his 266 games and 39 goals. I think he's had his best season this year - he's earned a shot next season and I hope he takes it.

He would be mad if he turned it down. His agent will probably try and haggle a 2yr job at burnley or the other promoted team.

These contract talks are like poker and I expect terry robbo has a good hand and a pair of thick black sunglasses on

I love Dyer but the club have done right.

Spot on. Would love to see Dyer have a go with us in The Premiership, on his day his pace tears teams apart, but we'd be silly to give him two years. It's harsh to say but Leicester City will be moving on to bigger and better things than Lloyd Dyer...

Take the one season on improved wages - if he's not involved he'll go out on loan to a Championship club but still have the extra money. Win/Win all round, surely?

:thumbup:

I think he's already probably on pretty decent money for his standing within the squad. He was one of the first to get a new contract after the new owners came in and somehow his agent secured him a 4-year deal!

I'm not sure I'd back the club giving him a wage increase if he's already one of our top earners. Especially as he'll only be playing a bit part next season you'd imagine.

He's going to make another club in the Championship very very happy. 

Been a fantastic servant for us through good and bad times and deserves all the applauds he will get tomorrow

Thanks for the effort Lloyd but think your best decision is to find another championship club to help with your speed.

I'd have thought you'd take a 1 year extension so that you could sample the Premier league and still move on but your game is speed and that is not going to improve and very likely to decline rapidly after next season.

Hope you do well with your next club.

Disappointed to hear about this. Dyer will still be a useful squad player next season even if he doesn't get as many games. The Premier League is where nearly every player aspires to be part of and it looks like he won't get that chance. He's arguably had his best season in a Leicester shirt and yet he rejects our contract offer, which is a shame.

And the saddest thing of all is after everything he has done for us, he will walk away for nothing. Dyer should be grateful to us for the player we have made him right now (barring the end product) and he'll depart with our blessing.

Lloyd has been stalling on the 1 year contract for at least 2 months now. I remember this story being in the Mercury & also on Foxes Talk. He has been asking for a 2 year deal for several weeks, so this story is not a new one. I can't see the football club changing their mind, so it looks like we will be saying goodbye to him & some lucky club will get him for free. Good Luck Lloyd.

Couldn't give a toss either way. He's been superb this season but he's hit a ceiling in terms of ability and would be a bit part player at best next season, hence him only getting offered the gig for a year. Hopefully they'll thrash it our but if not then let him put some windows through at another club. We'll get Knockaert III in.

This.

It's why he was never quite good enougth for the premier league and no premier league team has ever wanted him. He has a great opportunity to play in the premier for us but he obviously doesn't want to. Great goal at Bolton and been a good servant for the club but bye bye and good luck.

Cant believe this if its true!  Why would he just not take the one year and see how it goes?  Surely playing in the premiership anyway it would put him in a much bigger shop window than the championship does.  And if it turned out that we didn't want to extend the year, he might of had better opportunities come his way than he will have at this very moment.  Strange decision Dyer!  But thanks anyway!

He's part of the furniture at the club now and it would be a real shame for him to leave right now. He's got a real chance to perform next season at the top level - something he has wanted all his Leicester career - so I can't understand why he wouldn't take the year deal. Besides perform well when he gets the year deal and he will probably get the second year he wants anyway. Love Lloyd and all his commitment and passion for the club but he is being foolish with this contract.

Archived