Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfem

'Plastic haters must surely not be true blues

This has been done to death and I am sure this thread will also be full of silly people who still go on and on and on about 'plastic' supporters who have bought new STs.

But surely if you were a true blue, you would welcome more true blues committing to EVERY match, even though you have no idea if they paid for EVERY match before having their new ST.  Very few, if any at all, would buy a full ST to just see maybe 6 big teams.  It just does not make sense.

Every person is diffierent.  Every person has other committments.  Every person has a choice on to buy or not to buy a ST.

The fact is that the Premiership will limit 'on the day' tickets.   FACT.  The Championship, nor Division 1, limited ,on the day' tickets as the demand never quite reached the capacity (ok, maybe Man City and Donnie the exceptions).  Therefore, to guarantee a ticket in the premiership, it makes more sense to get a ST. 

For all the Plastic haters, ask yourself why you bought your STs in the first place............predominatly it would have been because you want to go to every game and it is the cheaper way of doing so, especially if you have it on direct debit.  Another reason would be to sit near your family/mates at every match and the knowledge that THAT seat is yours. Did any of you actually think, whenever you got your first ST, that you were buying it because you are the 'better' supporter, or you are more loyal etc?  Did it actually make you feel bigger, better, superior, more blue?

It would be interesting to see the average age range of the plastic haters.  I am betting it is between 16 and 25 max, but then I am just guessing.

Yes, I have just go my ST this season.  I probably cannot get to half the games, but I am not prepared to scrap for tickets that I know will be in high demand.  The past few seasons, I have not needed one, hence, paid per game, as and when I am in the country.

I queued 12 hours overnight to ensure I got the seats I wanted.  And got slated for it.  Being called plastic.  Glory Hunter etc. Yet, these people do not know me.  The facts are:

Followed the city home and away every game for 25 years part from the last 7 as not in the country - is that plastic?

Stop up till the early hours to listen to every game if I am not here, as I live abroad, with four hours difference in the winter - is that plastic?

Travelled thousands of miles each year to get home for the games - this year 14 home and 8 away - is that plastic?

Spent thousands of pounds on air fares just to watch my team - is that plastic?

Cried like a baby when we got relegated to division one - after travelling and spending to get to that game? - is that plastic?

Cried like a baby when we went to Watford last season - after travelling and spending to get to that game? - is that plastic?

Sitting with the home supporters when we play away because I could not get our tickets and still shouting for my team - is that plastic?

Leaving my hubby at home to work and support my football passion, and risking a divorce! - is that plastic?

I would call it dedication, of which I am proud of.  I am proud to be a Leicester Supporter.  Always have, always will, and there is nothing plastic about me.

Were you plastic haters plastic before you bought your first or later ST?  We were all babies once.  We were not born with STs, therefore, with the analogy of the plastic haters, you would have all been plastic yourself at one time or another.

Blue blood is just that.  Blue.  Not different shades of blue....just royal blue.  I wont be able to stop this nonsense, but at least I feel better for my rant. Be proud of you.  Be proud of your club.  Be proud of our support, regardless of who we are. Be a true blue.

I

This is getting really dull now.

Why would you be offended by people you don't know possibly, or maybe not, talking about you or about your support of the club?

You support the club in the way you do. New season ticket holders this season will be one of 7k, I highly doubt everyone will be lumped into the same category.

People spend far too much time worrying about being perceived as different or plastic by people they don't know and will probably never meet.

This is getting really dull now.

Why would you be offended by people you don't know possibly, or maybe not, talking about you or about your support of the club?

You support the club in the way you do. New season ticket holders this season will be one of 7k, I highly doubt everyone will be lumped into the same category.

People spend far too much time worrying about being perceived as different or plastic by people they don't know and will probably never meet.

It will keep arising as long as fellow supporters keep bringing it up ('loyal supporters' and all that).

I agree with you though.

The definition of plastic in my eyes is somebody who ONLY turns up when the team is doing well. But that doesn't mean they should be deserving of abuse.

Seems to me the 'supposed' plastics are the ones getting their knickers in a twist. Why are you letting some people on an internet forum get your back up? Just ignore them?

You've started a thread moaning about people who say that if you've just bought a season ticket, you're a plastic, or not a real fan. So in response you've written a mini essay moaning about exactly the same, saying that 'plastic haters' aren't real fans either. Just how exactly are you any better than the people you're criticising?

This has been done to death and I am sure this thread will also be full of silly people who still go on and on and on about 'plastic' supporters who have bought new STs.

But surely if you were a true blue, you would welcome more true blues committing to EVERY match, even though you have no idea if they paid for EVERY match before having their new ST.  Very few, if any at all, would buy a full ST to just see maybe 6 big teams.  It just does not make sense.

Every person is diffierent.  Every person has other committments.  Every person has a choice on to buy or not to buy a ST.

The fact is that the Premiership will limit 'on the day' tickets.   FACT.  The Championship, nor Division 1, limited ,on the day' tickets as the demand never quite reached the capacity (ok, maybe Man City and Donnie the exceptions).  Therefore, to guarantee a ticket in the premiership, it makes more sense to get a ST. 

For all the Plastic haters, ask yourself why you bought your STs in the first place............predominatly it would have been because you want to go to every game and it is the cheaper way of doing so, especially if you have it on direct debit.  Another reason would be to sit near your family/mates at every match and the knowledge that THAT seat is yours. Did any of you actually think, whenever you got your first ST, that you were buying it because you are the 'better' supporter, or you are more loyal etc?  Did it actually make you feel bigger, better, superior, more blue?

It would be interesting to see the average age range of the plastic haters.  I am betting it is between 16 and 25 max, but then I am just guessing.

Yes, I have just go my ST this season.  I probably cannot get to half the games, but I am not prepared to scrap for tickets that I know will be in high demand.  The past few seasons, I have not needed one, hence, paid per game, as and when I am in the country.

I queued 12 hours overnight to ensure I got the seats I wanted.  And got slated for it.  Being called plastic.  Glory Hunter etc. Yet, these people do not know me.  The facts are:

Followed the city home and away every game for 25 years part from the last 7 as not in the country - is that plastic?

Stop up till the early hours to listen to every game if I am not here, as I live abroad, with four hours difference in the winter - is that plastic?

Travelled thousands of miles each year to get home for the games - this year 14 home and 8 away - is that plastic?

Spent thousands of pounds on air fares just to watch my team - is that plastic?

Cried like a baby when we got relegated to division one - after travelling and spending to get to that game? - is that plastic?

Cried like a baby when we went to Watford last season - after travelling and spending to get to that game? - is that plastic?

Sitting with the home supporters when we play away because I could not get our tickets and still shouting for my team - is that plastic?

Leaving my hubby at home to work and support my football passion, and risking a divorce! - is that plastic?

I would call it dedication, of which I am proud of.  I am proud to be a Leicester Supporter.  Always have, always will, and there is nothing plastic about me.

Were you plastic haters plastic before you bought your first or later ST?  We were all babies once.  We were not born with STs, therefore, with the analogy of the plastic haters, you would have all been plastic yourself at one time or another.

Blue blood is just that.  Blue.  Not different shades of blue....just royal blue.  I wont be able to stop this nonsense, but at least I feel better for my rant. Be proud of you.  Be proud of your club.  Be proud of our support, regardless of who we are. Be a true blue.

I

At last! This speaks volumes, and says it all. Well done.  :thumbup:   :appl:  :appl:  :appl: 

Just remembered - the OP is the same person who was moaning that more tickets should have been made available for General Sale when Man City came to town too. Wonder if they'll still hold the same opinion when the big boys come to town next season? 

Agree with you Brooksy. It has been over-discussed recently.

By some people's definition I am a plastic fan because I go to about half a dozen games a season.

However, this is due to finances and family and the fact that I now live 120 miles away. I've seen City almost 400 times and have served my time on the terraces of Filbo through the Pleat years and beyond, so don't need to prove anything to any plastic haters....

Agree with you Brooksy. It has been over-discussed recently.

By some people's definition I am a plastic fan because I go to about half a dozen games a season.

However, this is due to finances and family and the fact that I now live 120 miles away. I've seen City almost 400 times and have served my time on the terraces of Filbo through the Pleat years and beyond, so don't need to prove anything to any plastic haters....

You don't need to prove anything to anyone, yet you write all that out? That's what I don't get about people who go less-frequently than others - they always seem to have a load of excuses lined up. There's about 6 in there.

I couldn't care less what other LCFC fans do to be honest, but I do find it interesting that non-ST holders are always on the defensive about it.

Archived