Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfem

'Plastic haters must surely not be true blues

It's also somewhat ironic that the OP signed up in 2008, but has pretty much been absolutely quiet and only now that we're back in the Premiership, feels the need to justify his plasticness.

Or is it plasticality? Plastibility? Plastilience? Plasticability? Plasticiority?

**** that.

Go queue yourself!  :kingy:

People have no issue with fans who have large amount of travelling, work commitments etc. Generally most so called 'plastic haters' are against the type who are only now because we are in the Premier League (Still sounds strange saying that.) The type who only went to Donny and Man City this season. The type who could easily have got a season ticket this year, but chose not to because we were playing in the championship. The type who wont renew or go again the following season because we are back in the championship (if relegated)

Agree with you Brooksy. It has been over-discussed recently.

By some people's definition I am a plastic fan because I go to about half a dozen games a season.

However, this is due to finances and family and the fact that I now live 120 miles away. I've seen City almost 400 times and have served my time on the terraces of Filbo through the Pleat years and beyond, so don't need to prove anything to any plastic haters....

You don't need to prove anything, because no one would have a clue about your support unless you told them what you did. This is what I don't understand, everyone has their reasons for attending however many number of games, you don't need to justify yourself as I doubt anyone was specifically talking about you.

Yada yada yada...

...I queued 12 hours overnight...

Yada yada yada...

Well done Sean Quinn, from Anstey Lane / Paul Barnacle, from Glenfield! 

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Fervent-Foxes-fans-queued/story-21062855-detail/story.html

"We didn't have season tickets last year because it was easy to get tickets for all the games, but next season will be different because everyone will want to go to watch Manchester United and Chelsea, so we want to make sure we'd get to see the games."

Pretty ironic that the 'plastic haters' are the same people who were lining up to ruin the victory parade at the last game of the season.

They hate plastic that much they couldn't wait to get away from the seats you see

This is getting really dull now.

Why would you be offended by people you don't know possibly, or maybe not, talking about you or about your support of the club?

You support the club in the way you do. New season ticket holders this season will be one of 7k, I highly doubt everyone will be lumped into the same category.

People spend far too much time worrying about being perceived as different or plastic by people they don't know and will probably never meet.

I'd plus1 one this repeatedly.

But I can't.

Generally most so called 'plastic haters' are against the type who are only now because we are in the Premier League (Still sounds strange saying that.) The type who only went to Donny and Man City this season. The type who could easily have got a season ticket this year, but chose not to because we were playing in the championship. The type who wont renew or go again the following season because we are back in the championship (if relegated)

I don't have a problem with any of the above scenarios, I don't blame people for being careful about which games they attend.

They hate plastic that much they couldn't wait to get away from the seats you see

I'm just waiting for people to start claiming the players are plastic now for running off the pitch when it got invaded halfway through the parade

Sitting as a season ticket holder in A2 the number of empty seats in that area has declined for obvious on the pitch reasons since the start of the season. Most of those seats have been taken by people who COULD be categorised as plastics. To their credit the majority are a decent bunch.

It's not that we are playing well and these fans come out that annoy me. It's the people who feel the need to shout and call the players twats etc when things don't go our way that really gets on my tits! Many of the new season ticket holders will claim they always will stand by NP. A test of that faith will come this season if we take a spanking from City/Liverpool/Chelsea or if we have a sticky patch. Then we will see who is 'true blue'.

Please can we not have another post on this as well. If people didn't draw attention to by starting posts they know will provoke a response many if the issues around plastics would be swept under the carpet - I.e.) not many people actually care.

You don't need to prove anything, because no one would have a clue about your support unless you told them what you did. This is what I don't understand, everyone has their reasons for attending however many number of games, you don't need to justify yourself as I doubt anyone was specifically talking about you.

You don't need to prove anything to anyone, yet you write all that out? That's what I don't get about people who go less-frequently than others - they always seem to have a load of excuses lined up. There's about 6 in there.

I couldn't care less what other LCFC fans do to be honest, but I do find it interesting that non-ST holders are always on the defensive about it.

You're both spot on unfortunately.....I must stop being over sensitive!!!!

It is a bit pathetic though, all this "I'm a bigger City fan than you are". We're all part of the Blue Army.

Why people need to feel they have to justify themselves to people that they don't know personally is beyond me. Who cares. We all support the same club.

Said this time and time again, I think the people worrying about being stereotyped as a 'plastic' are making more of an issue of this than anyone else.

If your worried about being stereotyped as a 'plastic' maybe it's closer to the truth than you think, hitting a nerve maybe.

Anyway just posted this in the ST thread;

I have nothing against the 7000 new STH's whatsoever, they are just as good a fan as I or anyone else is, they are entitled to and welcome to become STH's.

All I am going to say though is that should we get relegated next season they renew for season after.

Unless it's just a massive coincidence people have found more time and money this season to become a STH for next season but have struggled to find this time and money in past seasons/if we get relegated next season.

Maybe I'm just be cynical.

But no, honestly, new STH's are all welcome.

I know at least two people from who I went School with who are Man UTD 'fans' that have Season Tickets for next Season so yeah I am against the new STH. The club really missed a trick with the new STH we should of made new STH sign on for at least two years so they can't all **** off if we get relegated.

Plastic are not plastics because they haven't been to many games. It just the simple fact that we seem to have a lot of new "fans" because we are in the Premier League. Two or three seasons ago, they liked Man U or Chelsea etc...That's a plastic!  

If we went down next year then i guess maybe 1 thousand would renew in mercury two guys said they cant wait to see chelsea man utd man city play says all u need to know all of a sudden 7000 people now can afford or dont have nothing to do on a sat now or changed jobs i can see the point we shouldnt slag our own supporters as people have different lives ive had enough of it aswell but next season we will have same topics if 7000 left

Success on the pitch = more demand for tickets. It's that simple. Making returning fans or new fans unwelcome is in my opinion very very wrong. We need every bit of support we can get next season and all want the same thing don't we? I heard 35000 turned up to see the parade.. should 11000 have been banned from sharing the success because they haven't been to the games? Its great to be a City fan again and the more the merrier I say.

I know at least two people from who I went School with who are Man UTD 'fans' that have Season Tickets for next Season so yeah I am against the new STH. The club really missed a trick with the new STH we should of made new STH sign on for at least two years so they can't all **** off if we get relegated.

Jeez!  :facepalm: 

Don't think the point about renewing if we go down is valid. I wont renew next year if we go down but will go to 10-12 homes and 5-7 aways as normal.

Premier League is different as it will be very difficult to secure tickets for certain home games and next to impossible to get away tickets without a ST.

Archived