Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Derby vs QPR final

Actually prefer QPR to Wigan as a club and had to force myself to want Wigan to win.

Why?! Wigan are a way more likeable club, surely?

I just need to see QPR get their just desserts for their ridiculous over-spending to preserve my faith in all that is good. If they scrape through and get off Scott free then there's no justice.

Not too bothered about Derby tbh. Might take a bit of the shine off our claims to being best club in the area, but then having two East Midlands clubs in the PL isn't a bad thing. At least it's not Forest.

Why?! Wigan are a way more likeable club, surely?

Their massive overachieving annoys me. I don't mind the underdog doing well every so often (Blackpool, Bradford for example) but when it's the same underdog over and over again I get a little tired of it. After such an extended period of time up there it'd be nice to see someone like QPR have a chance (but not in the way they're currently going about it).

Think I'd prefer Derby to come up, in the vague hope that Will 'Albino Maradona' Hughes et al get their arses served to them every week, but wouldn't mind seeing 'Arry's twitch going into overdrive again next season.

Either way, both are going to require vastly more surgery than us for next season.

I never thought I'd see the day when fans of the 'Blue Army' will be shouting for the sheep shaggers over an obscure, west London team with whom we have no affiliation in any capacity.

Christ, how times have changed. I'm shocked..

It really isn't that simple. QPR represent just about everything wrong with the modern game in my opinion. From a Leicester perspective it'll be more tedious having to hear Derby fans but if people seriously think that QPR going up isn't worse for the game than Derby then I'm amazed.

I've got to admit I'd be more inclined to want QPR to win if we hadn't gone up.

BTW, there is a point when 'I want them to come up because it's 6 points guaranteed' is said too often to be a joke.

This too. It's got Forest at home written all over it. They're badly due something here.

That said I think we will come above Derby again next season.

Their massive overachieving annoys me. I don't mind the underdog doing well every so often (Blackpool, Bradford for example) but when it's the same underdog over and over again I get a little tired of it. After such an extended period of time up there it'd be nice to see someone like QPR have a chance (but not in the way they're currently going about it).

I don't mind you at all but that is without a doubt one of the strangest reasons for disliking a club I have ever seen.

Too many Londoners in the PL.

Villa

Stoke

WBA

Leicester

Derby

Adds a bit of class and Midland finess to the debacle of the North- South divide.

Bringing back civilisation where it was once lost is a major responsibilty.

Nigel Pearson as a Nottingham man managing a team from middle earth, couldnt be more poetic.

I don't mind you at all but that is without a doubt one of the strangest reasons for disliking a club I have ever seen.

I suppose we all have our unpopular opinions  :blush:

It isn't just that I should add but yeah, wouldn't mind if they'd just move aside for a bit.

I'm completely neutral. I've never really understood the idea of "hating" another football team (FFS - think about it) and I've got good mates who support both teams. Sure, there are kn0bheads fans on both sides, and to be honest, I don't care for Redknapp, but I'd much rather have either Derby or QPR than Cardiff in the Premier League.

I'm looking forward to the final.

QPR are everything that is wrong with football.  And for that reason alone, I want Derby to win.

+1

Derby will be a good local rival - plus Im only 7 miles from the ground!

Just want to see the look on Bartons face when Derby smash em

I'd rather Derby win as well. 

I heard someone say that Leicester and Burnley are two real clubs with proper sets of fans and I'd throw Derby in that mix as well... McLaren has done a very good job since taking over.

The only reason you see them as an underdog is because they're a relatively small club and they don't have a large supporter base. All the success they've achieved over the past few years has been richly deserved because they've earnt it.

For me, that's what makes a proper football club - they've done things the right way, they haven't chucked millions around like those chumps at QPR, it's been blood, sweat and tears. They should be a club that are admired, not seen as a plucky underdog. 

Derby to win please. If qpr go up they will spend ridiculous amounts and might finish above us. We can finish above burnley and derby. Only need to finish ahead of west brom then we are safe.

I can see what Harry's saying tbf. I think people would be lying if they said last summer that they didn't feel even the slightest bit of resentment that Wigan were winnin ght eFA Cup whilst we were resigned to another year in the championship the day after. Fair play to Wigan, they have earnt what they've achieved, but it's annoying they've won that trophy and we haven't.

Of course I'd still rather them to QPR or Derby any day of the week.

QPR are a joke- their owner bangs on about how west London is too small to accommodate his ambitious stadium plans for the club and they attract just over 17k to potentially their biggest (after the final of course) game of the season - tin pot twats

Archived