Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Derby vs QPR final

I want QPR, but I feel Derby will smash them.

But either way, what a terrible, terrible final.

Why is it a terrible final? its 3rd Vs 4th much rather see this final than tin pot Wigan in there. It should be a cracker of a game if you ask me. Can see Derby winning to be honest and would like them in the prem as well. 

Derby fans are going to get 50% off their season tickets aren't they. I was laughing at that sign outside the IPRO for a good two months and they're going to go and get promoted. And the worst thing is, with QPR the alternative, I want them to. :(

I remember seeing something about this. If you brought or renewed early (before March I think), you get 50% of your money back if they are promoted. They season ticket pricing is pretty good tbh from £285 for an adult which could be less than £150 if they beat QPR for 19 Premiership games - you can't knock that, even if it watching Derby!!

Guest ttfn

QPR are a joke- their owner bangs on about how west London is too small to accommodate his ambitious stadium plans for the club and they attract just over 17k to potentially their biggest (after the final of course) game of the season - tin pot twats

It was sold out within about 20 minutes of general sale. I've no idea how many fans they've got but you can only fit as many people in as you have space for!

It's dawned on me that if Derby come up, the media will make a huge hoo-hah over what a big east Midlands derby it is and how it's an intense rivalry, etc, to drum up ratings.

This in return will seriously wind up the Forest fans who'll get their panties in a bunch over how much nobody cares.

I've concluded, hence, I can stomach Derby in the Prem.

The only reason you see them as an underdog is because they're a relatively small club and they don't have a large supporter base. All the success they've achieved over the past few years has been richly deserved because they've earnt it.

For me, that's what makes a proper football club - they've done things the right way, they haven't chucked millions around like those chumps at QPR, it's been blood, sweat and tears. They should be a club that are admired, not seen as a plucky underdog. 

I don't pretend to know much about Wigan's history but has wealthy Dave Whelan not had a hand in this? I've always assumed them going from obscurity to PL was partly down to that.

It's dawned on me that if Derby come up, the media will make a huge hoo-hah over what a big east Midlands derby it is and how it's an intense rivalry, etc, to drum up ratings.

This in return will seriously wind up the Forest fans who'll get their panties in a bunch over how much nobody cares.

Yes but the sheepshaggers will still go on we only Hate (Bum) Forest.

It's very difficult to say as a Leicester fan, but I really want Derby to win this for three clear reasons.

1) To spite the Forest.

2) I cannot bear the idea of QPR going up - they don't deserve it. They were expected to walk the league, they've spent fortunes and Harry's kept making excuses for them (himself). They have underperformed. Harry has consistently said he think's they'll go up anyway but, if they do, it'll be as much luck as anything else. Furthermore, if they do go up, the inevitable media love-in with Harry will be unbearable. They will be telling us how he's masterminded the whole thing and how he's motivated his players to a glorious promotion at the first time of asking. 

3) Derby actually deserve it, let's be honest.

It's very difficult to say as a Leicester fan, but I really want Derby to win this for three clear reasons.

1) To spite the Forest.

2) I cannot bear the idea of QPR going up - they don't deserve it. They were expected to walk the league, they've spent fortunes and Harry's kept making excuses for them (himself). They have underperformed. Harry has consistently said he think's they'll go up anyway but, if they do, it'll be as much luck as anything else. Furthermore, if they do go up, the inevitable media love-in with Harry will be unbearable. They will be telling us how he's masterminded the whole thing and how he's motivated his players to a glorious promotion at the first time of asking.

3) Derby actually deserve it, let's be honest.

Much as I would like to, I simply can't disagree with a word of this.

I can't believe you can hate a club because they punch above their weight? wtf? lol

This is the exact reason why I didn't want Burnley promoted as funny as it sounds.

It will also be incredibly amusing to see East Midlands Today desperately trying to make Nottingham Forest sound important.

Hoping derby go up and to be fair they deserve it. sky will make a big deal of 'the East Midlands derby' and will show highlights of the 4-0 battering and the savage dive. Only problem being it will probably be chosen as Monday night football.

After several days of painful thinking it has to be Derby. They've spent modestly and played well most of this season, apart from the obvious night at the King Power. And compared to QPR, I'd almost prefer Serbian War Criminals XI get promoted over them this year.

Plus the gut-wrenching trauma of the Forest fans when they watch MoTD (waiting for the Football League show lol ) and see good old Gary present the big East Midlands Derby in the Prem, whilst they desperately act if they don't care and try to get their 'rivalry' going with the Yorkshire clubs again.

Oh, the irony will be sweet.

Archived