Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Lloyd Dyer to Watford

Will always get a massive round of applause from me if he returns to the KP with another club. Gets banded about a bit too much but he's truly been a great servant to the club and genuinely cares about us

I think he's a player that collectively will get clapped by all. Can't believe it.

So much for those Watford ****** saying how none of our players would grace their squad, arguably the one with the biggest limitations has signed for them lol

Good luck Lloydy, it's a shame you didn't get to see the hard work all the way through.

I'd rather he goes Watford than waste himself at Huddersfield, at least he'l probably still be challenging at the top half of the league.

But Lloyd, take a year of Premier League football, you might not get the chance to again and you need to complete the story. Don't go Lloyd :(

Slightly disappointed, was really one of the players that seemed to truly care. Especially as he's been with us since the lowest depth of our history :(

However, that article....

The winger, who can also play at wing-back

Wing back??? He can barely cross let alone tackle.

Slightly disappointed, was really one of the players that seemed to truly care. Especially as he's been with us since the lowest depth of our history :(

However, that article....

The winger, who can also play at wing-back

Wing back??? He can barely cross let alone tackle.

I would never like to see him at wing-back lol if Watford use him at wing-back they are doomed

If this definitely comes to fruition, then who can blame him for his choice? If I knew I was on the descending part of my footballing career and unsure about whether I could still cut it at the top level of English football, I could come to a similar conclusion. As appealing as a Premier League year would be, there's a high risk of embarrassing oneself when you're found out with limited assets. Lloyd Dyer has great pace and a decent shot on him (at times, as seen at Bolton). But he's not good at defending, let alone playing as a wing-back.

I guess with Lloyd it's both about financial security, but also about being able to play on a regular basis. If he thinks that he's entitled to a more important role at LCFC due to his worthy contributions over time, then, all hard feelings set aside, maybe it's best and most logical move to let him go.

Although one big part of me will be somewhat sad to see him join another club. It's rare these days to have a player stick around for as long as Dyer did with us, so it's only natural you get accustomed to the situation. All the best wherever you end up starting next season and thanks for the great memories.

I expect it's only a matter of days, or hours even until Lloyd loses his pace, you only have to look at Ryan Giggs to see that wide players really can't hack it much into their 30s in the Prem, let alone one year in the championship.

Dyer only has pace, without it he has absolutely nothing else to offer. The comparison is moronic.

I think it's quite simple really...

Gets offered 1 year deal hardly plays and 99.9% def leaves next summer..

Gets offered 3 year deal and stability for 3 years (whatever happens he gets his pay packet)

The more i think about it the more i can see why Dyer is doing this, you have to make your family feel secure and of course yourself and while i'm sure he's gutted he is leaving it is the best for him in the long run...

Just wish it wasn't Watford!

Absolutely gutted but best of luck Lloydy! Can't blame him for taking 3 years.

Top 5 Lloyd moments:

1) Goal at Bolton to win the title

2) Goal at Hereford - absolute scenes after Howard hit the bar

3) Last minute winner at Huddersfield in League One after throwing away a two goal lead

4) Winner against Fulham in the Cup this year

5) Injury time equaliser against Bristol City after they scored with what they thought was the last kick of the game.

Honourable mentions go to terrorising Ipswich (RIP Bradley Orr), goals against Orient, Madrid, Man City and Bolton at home this year. Lloyd will always be a City legend in my eyes.

Top 5 Lloyd moments:

3) Last minute winner at Huddersfield in League One after throwing away a two goal lead

5) Injury time equaliser against Bristol City after they scored with what they thought was the last kick of the game.

Honourable mentions go to goals against Orient, Madrid, Man City and Bolton at home this year. Lloyd will always be a City legend in my eyes.

Amen to that

All the best to him. He's been a brilliant servant to this club. Would of loved him to still be around next year even though he's getting on a bit. He would of been a decent impact player with his pace.

Love you Lloydy.

angstydyer.gif

Top 5 Lloyd moments:

Honourable mentions go to terrorising Ipswich (RIP Bradley Orr), goals against Orient, Madrid, Man City and Bolton at home this year. Lloyd will always be a City legend in my eyes.

Almost brought a tear to my eye  :cry:

Archived