Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

I was one of Schlupp's great advocates but we done some great business selling him for £12m.

He has all the attributes to be a brilliant left back, he has great stamina, pace and strength and is good going forward. Jeff is now 24 and has been playing for seven seasons in first team professional games with over 150 appearances. At some point you have to say enough is enough and stop banging on about potential and you want to see progress. With Fuchs and Chilwell at the club as left backs and him unlikely to get ahead of Albrighton and Gray at left midfield then it was right to sell.

Schlupp still has the potential to be a top class full back if defending clicks with him but you can't hang on to players "just in case" when you get a good offer for them and they're nowhere near the first team.

Gray and Chilwell were the ones being touted as having potenial far more than Schlupp who'd really established his style and strengths in the seasons before this one when he seemed disinterested for various reasons people have referred to. A problem with Gray and Gray is that neither have the same blistering pace or strength and that counts in The Premiership. Nor does Gray seem to have the same stamina. Chilwell looks a wonderfully balanced footballer and genuinely constructive but whether that will set him apart as a left-back remains to be seen. For Gray it's all about end product and increasing his "effect" time. Both remain "possibles" rather than "probables" in terms of automatic Premiership first team selection rather than squad players.                  

On 08/04/2017 at 20:45, STUHILL said:

watched Brighton on Friday and had a good look at Knockaert for 90 mins, as I know some have suggested they would have him back.

To be honest, I saw some really good things and similar to what we saw when he played for us in the Championship. He works extremely hard and his desire and passion is fantastic. He still has all the good traits that I remember, with a good delivery and decent trickery, as well as a really good eye for goal.

On the downside, I saw a lot of the same limitations he had when he was with us. He lacks pace and agility and a number of times I saw him dribble the ball with his head down and right into 2 or 3 defenders, who easily took it off him and got a breakaway attack going. Something we all used to get frustrated with. 

I'm absolutely chuffed he will be back in the Premier League and I think he will get a fair chance at it with Brighton, as he has been their stand-out player this season. Similar to Chris Wood though, for all their success in the championship, I still see the same issues they had when they were with us and so have my doubts whether they can make the step up to be decent Premier League players. 

Prove me wrong Knocky! :blush:

Premier league full backs are a completely different proposition compared to championship ones. Most in this league would barely have to break sweat to deal with Knockaerts "pace", he never had the change of pace Mahrez did or the ability to glide past people. I think he's going to find it much harder next year if he's playing on the wing for them of a 442.

Still a quality players and will always give you 100%.

• Like 1

I feel like if Knocky was still here, he'd be fighting it out with Shinji for the #10 role behind Vardy. Happy to work his nuts off and probably more of a goal threat than Shinji. Could see him picking up a fair few yellows as well mind as it looks like it can be a frustrating role to play.

Think N'golo deserved it last year, not seen enough of Chelsea to comment on him this year. Happy for the guy though, most consistent top performing player I think I'm ever likely to see play for Leicester. Can't remember one game where I was disappointed with him last year.

Why am I seeing "kantè deserved it last season", it was mahrez>vardy>kantè for the poty award

I find it funny that people will use "well, the players voted for him" to justify him getting it this season over hazard while overlooking the fact that those same players voted for mahrez.

Say all you want about how kantè being hard to replace, but so does a double digit in goals and assists RM and a 24 goals striker.

This current team could've had a chance in a top 6 finish.

Edit: congrats to n'golo (before some people read too much into it)

Edited by the fox

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

Why am I seeing "kantè deserved it last season", it was mahrez>vardy>kantè for the poty award

I find it funny that people will use "well, the players voted for him" to justify him getting it this season over hazard while overlooking the fact that those same players voted for mahrez.

Say all you want about how kantè being hard to replace, but so does a double digit in goals and assists RM and a 24 goals striker.

This current team could've had a chance in a top 6 finish.

Edit: congrats to n'golo (before some people read too much into it)

Unfortunately, we lost all 3 for most of the season haha.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Unfortunately, we lost all 3 for most of the season haha.

Sad really, but that's what you get when you have disastrous transfer windows, fail to fill the gaps and use an underwhelming replacements to go against stronger opponents.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Sad really, but that's what you get when you have disastrous transfer windows, fail to fill the gaps and use an underwhelming replacements to go against stronger opponents.

Indeed! Let's hope we unearth a few more PFA nominees in the coming transfer window!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I feel like if Knocky was still here, he'd be fighting it out with Shinji for the #10 role behind Vardy. Happy to work his nuts off and probably more of a goal threat than Shinji. Could see him picking up a fair few yellows as well mind as it looks like it can be a frustrating role to play.

Think N'golo deserved it last year, not seen enough of Chelsea to comment on him this year. Happy for the guy though, most consistent top performing player I think I'm ever likely to see play for Leicester. Can't remember one game where I was disappointed with him last year.

Err what? no pace, no strength and im sorry but i would disagree that he is on a par with the work rate needed for a number 10

Rated him when he was here but he is no where near a no 10! lol

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Err what? no pace, no strength and im sorry but i would disagree that he is on a par with the work rate needed for a number 10

Rated him when he was here but he is no where near a no 10! lol

Just for the sake of discussion? Are you saying Okazaki is a stronger and faster then Knockaert, especially to the point where there's a noticeable difference? I'd have to disagree with that.

I think if asked he'd put in a mega shift if asked as well. Though I don't necessarily think that should be a major attribute, for a position that should be helping create and score goals (I realise it's important for the way we play, but there is more than one way to play football)

Will be interesting to see if Brighton use him and where he gets played, seems to have been drifting more and more centrally as the season has progressed.

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just for the sake of discussion? Are you saying Okazaki is a stronger and faster then Knockaert, especially to the point where there's a noticeable difference? I'd have to disagree with that.

I think if asked he'd put in a mega shift if asked as well. Though I don't necessarily think that should be a major attribute, for a position that should be helping create and score goals (I realise it's important for the way we play, but there is more than one way to play football)

Will be interesting to see if Brighton use him and where he gets played, seems to have been drifting more and more centrally as the season has progressed.

Yes im 100% sure on that. That was his problem for us- his lack of pace and being knocked off the ball far too easily... I'm glad he won players of the season for the championship but my concern is that he will be found out again..

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Yes im 100% sure on that. That was his problem for us- his lack of pace and being knocked off the ball far too easily... I'm glad he won players of the season for the championship but my concern is that he will be found out again..

Okazaki gets knocked off the ball too easily and has average pace. 

I can name you dozens of attacking players in this league who have little to no pace so I'm sure Knockaert will do fine this time around in the PL.

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Okazaki gets knocked off the ball too easily and has average pace. 

I can name you dozens of attacking players in this league who have little to no pace so I'm sure Knockaert will do fine this time around in the PL.

Falling over easily and getting knocked off the ball easily are two different things.....

And anyone of similar speed and strength as knocky is either playing for a relegation threatened team or has the skill to compensate for it.

I think people have french tinted glasses when it comes to Knocky... or man-love tinted glasses or whatever it is.. I think people are confusing a great character for being a great player...

4 hours ago, ealingfox said:

We sold an £80million pound player and a place in the top 4 for £32million. Great work.

hindsight is a wonderful thing :) 

I can guarantee if you were asked when he signed, would you sell him in 12 months for a £27 million profit the answer would definitely of been yes.

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

Maybe we paid £5 Million for a £30 Million pound player?

That helped us win the premier league or u could go has far has say we wouldn't of won it without him so i would say buying him for 5 million was the best bit of business this club has ever done 

• Like 3