Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

That's awful... :(

When shit like that happens to people younger than you  :nono:

it's not nice when it happens to people older than you either. 

Feel for his family.

Leeds United head coach Steve Evans said on the Gillette Soccer Saturday show on Sky Sports News HQ on Saturday afternoon that he was surprised that Chris Wood joined the club in the summer transfer window.

"I never thought six months ago, nevermind six years ago, that I would be working with the likes of Chris Wood," said Evans. "He is an exceptional striker, and it was a surprise when I saw him join Leeds United in the summer."

Wood joined Championship outfit Leeds from Premier League side Leicester City in the summer transfer window.

Leeds are the 11th club that Wood has played for in his professional career (including the clubs where he has been on loan), and he is still only 23 years of age.

The New Zealand international striker has been playing well for the Whites this season and has been among the goals.

The former West Bromwich Albion man has scored six goals and created 14 chances in 14 Championship appearances so far this campaign.

Wood has a pass accuracy of 64% and a shot accuracy of 31%, and has won 46 headers, one dribble and four tackles.

Leeds are 15th in the Championship table at the moment with 19 points from 16 matches, six points above the relegation zone.

Wood was probably the least effective striker in the air I think I've ever seen play for us, so reluctant to actually jump. He'll have a decent top half Championship / bottom half Prem career but he wasn't half frustrating to watch at times.

I think De Vries was actually worse than Wood in the air.

He always looked like he was trying to jump in concrete boots.

Wood just doesn't have the pace required for top level football.

Nonsense, Wood has the quality to be a top level striker. He's just so inconsistent and struggles to dominate his man despite his strength and size. His finishing is enough to take him to the premiership, if he can actually become the target man his size and prowess should warrant. He could easily become another Wickham, Gestede, Murray, Ulloa (in the sense of being a fairly average premiership striker who's made the step up from championship level) if he can become a good enough target man.

Leeds United head coach Steve Evans said on the Gillette Soccer Saturday show on Sky Sports News HQ on Saturday afternoon that he was surprised that Chris Wood joined the club in the summer transfer window.

Oh dear; what does that say about how much football Steve Evans actually watches. :dry: