Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Watford bid 1.5 million for King

The interest is reassuring because it, with a few others on here, it confirms I'm not the only one who thinks he'd do okay in the Premiership for all that he's served as an afterthought in our team of late.

So many fans are attracted to the Tiatto types, perhaps because they're aggressive themselves. Unless a player shows he's able to upend someone to put the fear of God into them such people are never convinced and that's what seems to split the vote at City because Kingy will never be that kind of player.

If the guy gets a good offer from a Premiership club I've long thought it would do him good and perhaps give him chance to develop the role that's best suited to him as a reasonably creative midfield goalscorer.

It might have been coincidental but King's  gradual eclipse at Leicester started with the arrival of Knockaert, someone I've never been convinced of for all that he's a fans favourite.

Knockaert, to me, is far too wasteful. He wastes the ball and he wastes the runs of others. What he does demand though is the attention of defenders because his direct runs are a constant threat.

I suppose I want to see King making those "direct runs" but with his passes.

No I don't suggest he gets ambitious from defensive situations. But from the halfway line forwards he's sometimes too cautious and too inclined to make the percentage pass that retains possession rather than the riskier pass which might fashion a goal.  

As I don't see King displacing Knockaert, Drinkwater or James - for all that I'd have him in my favoured three out of the four choices - I've long felt a move would be good for him. Pearson would seem to think otherwise and not least because the guy is such good insurance in all sorts of ways and seemingly one of the best we've got for helping to see a game and a result safely preserved.    

Andy King has been at Leicester since he was 15 ten years ago, but last night Watford enquired about his availability and they were told no. But with Nigel after Troy Deeney after placing 2 unsuccessful bids for the striker, could Andy King possibly be the deal breaker?

I've long said that I didn't think Andy King was good enough to cement a spot in the top flight. Despite protestation from a number of fans of the player, I maintain what I said. I don't dislike him, I'm not a 'King hater' (and other such nonsense). I see him as a solid player and he can score goals. But I suggest again that if James and Drinkwater are unfit or unavailable, my opinion is that we cannot rely upon either King or Hammond to come in and to be good enough. We are now a big-time club, playing in possibly the toughest division on the planet. We need to secure another midfield player of quality to build upon our successes and to take us further.

What I don't think we can afford to be, now, is sentimental. King is loved, he's one of our own and many don't want to see him leave. But we have reached a watershed. The club must push on. I'm not sure, of course, but I think we need to improve upon King and Hammond now.

First, the good news. Fulham finally seem to be bringing in a central midfielder. Fulham are among three teams (Watford and Wigan) looking to bring in Andy King, a Welsh International from Leicester City. Of the three teams chasing him, I'd give Fulham the best shot. They can probably pay the highest wage of any of the three. The question will be whether he wants to forgo the Premier League to receive steady first team action in the Championship. He does seem like a perfect fit for the club. In the past, Felix Magath has run with the diamond midfield. That's how he lined up the squad in the last pre-season game. What that formation requires is two shuttlers to play on each side of the diamond. Lyle Della Verde looked good there. Ryan Tunnicliffe would be a natural fit. Alex Kacaniklic can probably due it (though I worry about his defense). Most of the other midfielders in the squad though are more wingers than shuttlers. King would be the perfect two way midfielder to bring in. This is a move I hope comes true. With how many goals came from midfield last year (most from Steve Sidwell), it would be nice to have someone who is capable of this.

Without getting in a replacement first would be pretty stupid. Hope he stays. An excellent Club man that never lets us down when called upon. In any case,1.5M is a joke sum.

Those dastardly Hornets - trying to get as much money as possible for one of their assets and pay as little as possible for another teams player.  Such underhanded and immoral tactics.  

And getting Dyer on a free - well surely just as a means of doing the right thing they should have paid a fee to the club who let his contract run out thus making a free transfer possible.

Those dastardly Hornets - trying to get as much money as possible for one of their assets and pay as little as possible for another teams player.  Such underhanded and immoral tactics.  

And getting Dyer on a free - well surely just as a means of doing the right thing they should have paid a fee to the club who let his contract run out thus making a free transfer possible.

What's with all this talk of them having Lloyd? We offered him a new contract. We wanted to keep him but he fancied a new challenge with a longer length contract. Therefore that makes him a free agent so how have we let them have him? Have Brighton & Villa let us have Upson & Albrighton for free? No. Neither where signed to ANY club so all this talk about us doing Watford a favour is rubbish.

Another question to everyone how much do you think kingy is worth? Because I will be honest I think he lives off the reputation he had 3/4 years ago. I would easily take 2m for him. Leicester lad or not it doesn't effect they're market value.

The interest is reassuring because it, with a few others on here, it confirms I'm not the only one who thinks he'd do okay in the Premiership for all that he's served as an afterthought in our team of late.

So many fans are attracted to the Tiatto types, perhaps because they're aggressive themselves. Unless a player shows he's able to upend someone to put the fear of God into them such people are never convinced and that's what seems to split the vote at City because Kingy will never be that kind of player.

If the guy gets a good offer from a Premiership club I've long thought it would do him good and perhaps give him chance to develop the role that's best suited to him as a reasonably creative midfield goalscorer.

It might have been coincidental but King's gradual eclipse at Leicester started with the arrival of Knockaert, someone I've never been convinced of for all that he's a fans favourite.

Knockaert, to me, is far too wasteful. He wastes the ball and he wastes the runs of others. What he does demand though is the attention of defenders because his direct runs are a constant threat.

I suppose I want to see King making those "direct runs" but with his passes.

No I don't suggest he gets ambitious from defensive situations. But from the halfway line forwards he's sometimes too cautious and too inclined to make the percentage pass that retains possession rather than the riskier pass which might fashion a goal.

As I don't see King displacing Knockaert, Drinkwater or James - for all that I'd have him in my favoured three out of the four choices - I've long felt a move would be good for him. Pearson would seem to think otherwise and not least because the guy is such good insurance in all sorts of ways and seemingly one of the best we've got for helping to see a game and a result safely preserved.

Load of bollocks regarding Knockaert being wasteful, you been listening to Alan young to much.

Think you analize things to much, you need someone to draw players to him and it's no good just laying balls off all the time, he is a very important player for us.

First, the good news. Fulham finally seem to be bringing in a central midfielder. Fulham are among three teams (Watford and Wigan) looking to bring in Andy King, a Welsh International from Leicester City. Of the three teams chasing him, I'd give Fulham the best shot. They can probably pay the highest wage of any of the three. The question will be whether he wants to forgo the Premier League to receive steady first team action in the Championship. He does seem like a perfect fit for the club. In the past, Felix Magath has run with the diamond midfield. That's how he lined up the squad in the last pre-season game. What that formation requires is two shuttlers to play on each side of the diamond. Lyle Della Verde looked good there. Ryan Tunnicliffe would be a natural fit. Alex Kacaniklic can probably due it (though I worry about his defense). Most of the other midfielders in the squad though are more wingers than shuttlers. King would be the perfect two way midfielder to bring in. This is a move I hope comes true. With how many goals came from midfield last year (most from Steve Sidwell), it would be nice to have someone who is capable of this.

London-based Fulham would be a greater attraction than Wigan for him, I feel sure. His family are keen supporters and have been since he joined our Academy. I'm fairly sure they're based in Buckinghamshire which is a fairly easy trip by train into London as is the journey down from Leicester.  . 

Load of bollocks regarding Knockaert being wasteful, you been listening to Alan young to much.

Think you analize things to much, you need someone to draw players to him and it's no good just laying balls off all the time, he is a very important player for us.

I've already said that he draws players to him. And often runs down blind alleys til he bumps into or trips over them. Often he doesn't see or just chooses to ignore the runners. So much so sometimes, it's a wonder they still bother making the runs at all. If he drew the opponents and used the space created by making a telling pass, that would make him dangerous but, right now, he's mostly a potential danger with lots of skill and an abundance of energy and optimism. Important? Well, he's important enough to have helped us win the title and get to the play-offs the year before, but so was King. At our new level both will need to improve.      

What's with all this talk of them having Lloyd? We offered him a new contract. We wanted to keep him but he fancied a new challenge with a longer length contract. Therefore that makes him a free agent so how have we let them have him? Have Brighton & Villa let us have Upson & Albrighton for free? No. Neither where signed to ANY club so all this talk about us doing Watford a favour is rubbish.

Where did I say we did Watford a favour?

I'm in two minds about this one. Will Andy King be starting a lot of games? If last season was anything to go by, I'd say no is a fair bet. So will he make an impact off the bench? I'm sure you can point to one or two times that he has, but he's not what I'd consider an 'impact' player. Do we need to sell? No, and unless we get someone better in to replace him then we can't because we've only 4 centre mids on the books. But the lad's an international and Wales have a real chance for the first time in a long time of qualifying for Euro 2016 with the groups as they are now, if I was him I'd be looking for first team football, and if he can't get it here I'd be looking to move elsewhere. Big fan of Kingy, always have been, but I'd hate to see him stagnate on the bench all season, making the odd cameo.

Thinking about it now I'm not sure if we should accept it or not, Kingy as been a good servant but is he really premier league quality. Course we are short in centre midfielders but for £1.5million we could look to bring in somebody with a bit more quality and experience I'd like to say Scott Parker but wages are a problem. 

Archived