Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Watford bid 1.5 million for King

This is getting daft now. How does anyone know if King is premier league quality or not. The only reason he didnt feature much last year was simply down to how well james and Drinkwater played. No point selling him when we only have 4 CM as it is. If we wanted a replacement CM id rather see Hammond go than King. I personally think King could do a job for us in the Prem.

Thinking about it now I'm not sure if we should accept it or not, Kingy as been a good servant but is he really premier league quality. Course we are short in centre midfielders but for £1.5million we could look to bring in somebody with a bit more quality and experience I'd like to say Scott Parker but wages are a problem.

You'll never know if he's premier league quality till he has a go! Same with just about every member of our squad.

This is getting daft now. How does anyone know if King is premier league quality or not.

I'd imagine because a lot of people didn't see him as good enough to get us out of the champ, and because we signed several new CM's that eventually took his place etc.

Pearson said on the radio last night that no-one is leaving. I suppose this only happens if King is desperate to move for first team football.

Then we can use the money to fund the £20m move for Jordan Rhodes to come and play with Deeney, Ulloa, Nugent, Wood, Vardy and Taylor-Fletcher.

I'd imagine because a lot of people didn't see him as good enough to get us out of the champ, and because we signed several new CM's that eventually took his place etc.

But he was part of a team in 2010 that got very close, we were hardly a relegation struggler before Drinkwater and James came in. They are a better quality, absolutely no doubt, but King still has a lot to offer.

Who knows, he may well surprise a few next season.

But he was part of a team in 2010 that got very close, we were hardly a relegation struggler before Drinkwater and James came in. They are a better quality, absolutely no doubt, but King still has a lot to offer.

exactly :thumbup:

King is ok, but I've never been a huge fan. I can understand people not thinking he can cut it in the prem.

King is ok, but I've never been a huge fan. I can understand people not thinking he can cut it in the prem.

That's fair enough, I think he might be used most if we are trying to keep the ball and see out a game, or need a goal from somewhere. Don't think he'll start the majority of games unless we play three in the middle.

Let's not kid ourselves, players like to play not sit on the bench and sadly for king, unless drinky or James get injured, he's going to be doing a lot of that next season. He's a good player but he's not going to start many matches

I remember the days that everyone on here was jizzing over kingy because he seemed to score almost every other game and EFC wanted him for £5m!

To this day. I will stand by the fact everton playing the way they did under moyes kingy was the ideal replacement for cahill.

He is a good squad player for us but we waste his real talent.

Same as england with scholes and lampard.

System doesn't suit.

Await getting shot down I'll live.

To this day. I will stand by the fact everton playing the way they did under moyes kingy was the ideal replacement for cahill.

He is a good squad player for us but we waste his real talent.

Same as england with scholes and lampard.

System doesn't suit.

Await getting shot down I'll live.

Not shooting you down, this is a genuine question.  In your opinion how could we best utilize his talent?

King has scored a goal every five games he has played for the club, and is still only 25....1.5m is a joke, Nige won't sell for that (unless Deeney is involved the other way) and will agree a new deal pushing Kingys earnings to around £30k per week.......I can remember matches when Andy King was the only thing worth watching.......and his goals....if Knocky had scored them it would be all over the website!!!!

Not shooting you down, this is a genuine question.  In your opinion how could we best utilize his talent?

Put him in the same position Nugent played in last season. Just behind the striker.

Not shooting you down, this is a genuine question. In your opinion how could we best utilize his talent?

I don't think we can anymore. I think we have evolved as a side. I would keep him around the squad as he offers something.

But when he got into the team under np 1st time round we had big steve to play off. We were more direct and kingy was allowed to get forward more. Players like oakley sat in a bit even when playing on the right.

That's why I think he could have done ok under moyes at everton in that cahill role.

Get him in and around the box same as chelsea did with frank and utd with scholes. Leave keane etc to tidy up.

Look at sousas mess. Who was the 1 player playing well and looking a goal threat king. Because the system suited.

We are not that side anymore. But that doesn't mean kingy is shit.

He still has something to offer, he has become part of the club and after 7 years I don't see he would leave now.

Np knows what he offers.

Kingy's always been understated and is not the athlete to take on three jobs and do them well - he's far too one-paced for that and not particularly aggressive although he's tried to toughen up a bit.

Kings great strengths are his ability to pass the ball quickly and accurately and his ability to score all sorts of goals because of his calmness, precision and speed of thought.

Somehow we've stopped using those strengths to the full. We've neutralised the guy. His big asset now - in the way we use him - is his reliability. He's utterly responsible and will do exactly what's asked of him which is mostly to help us see out the game now.

Me I'd sooner see him push on and fulfill the Martin Peters-type role best suited to him....passing, moving and ghosting in on goal. And that won't happen here unless Kevin Phillips makes a difference and Kingy, the ultimate team player, starts to show some selfishness and insists on having people around him who give the ball back when he makes a run.

Times since he's been at Leicester there've been players he doesn't seem to cog in with. Wellens was the worst and Knockaert's much the same. In a give-and-go team - like the Leeds team of Revie's time - King would be a real threat around the box. But we're not really like that. Our passing's not that incisive because some of our players are just not one or two-touch footballers.

That's not necessarily a criticism. Last seasons success was partly achieved because we had individuals like Vardy, Knockaert and Dyer who always asked questions of defenders. Drinkwater improved still further and became an increasing threat.

King's talents got pushed sideways - literally. Now, to make an impact, he'll have to play more naturally but even more incisively than in the past. His first problem will be getting the chance and that's why it may be the right time for him to move. If he did it will leave a bigger gap than some might imagine.   

This has just come up on SkySports,

Nigel Pearson is hoping to further bolster his ranks at Leicester City and says he has no intention of letting anyone leave, with Andy King and Chris Wood among those linked with moves elsewhere.

"It is always about whether you can improve the group you have and, if the right players come along, then I am not discounting doing more business"

Archived