Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Watford bid 1.5 million for King

He wasn't good enough for the first team in the championship, he won't be in the PL. Anything over 1.5 helps towards someone that might challenge for a starting berth. Sorry to be ruthless, but AK just won't.

Few seasons ago people were saying he's worth 7M+, just because he had a quiet season last year due to be overshadowed by the fantastic James and drinkwater, doesn't mean his quality from a few seasons ago hasn't disappeared. That and the fact it's silly season makes me say 3-4M+ offer should be taken seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't get a lot of credit on here but for me, King can be a game-changer and has the capability of making an impact from the bench, assuming that DD and James start every game. I would keep him for that reason.

I feel confident that we could find a more consistent midfielder, potentially with Prem experience, so I feel that King is replaceable. I can certainly remember him making impacts off the bench, but I think you'd be stretching the truth to say he's a particularly impactful player. If I was the Premiership opposition, and I saw King coming off the bench, I don't think I'd be sincerely worried.

Christ..its nice to see his loyalty to us is being repaid on here.. I happen to think he will be given more time on the ball in the premiere..then its down to him to prove his worth, im sure nobody on here was ever given the chance to prove themselves either..

More time on the ball in the Premiership is the biggest myth going.

Christ..its nice to see his loyalty to us is being repaid on here.. I happen to think he will be given more time on the ball in the premiere..then its down to him to prove his worth, im sure nobody on here was ever given the chance to prove themselves either..

There's going to be a sentimental casualty at some point along our journey. we don't have time to see if he can prove his worth. Drinkwater and James have both majoritively shown consistency and prospective growth. 

I like King, and respect all that he has done for LCFC, but if we were to sacrifice one of our current midfield for an upgrade then I'm afraid we take offers.

More time on the ball in the Premiership is the biggest myth going.

How is it a myth? Until you are in the final 3rd of the pitch players stand off you and hold positions, stats are facts. In the championship teams close you down a lot quicker all over the pitch.

If King was an epic player that was here for the same length of time then decided to go to another team you would all be gunning about his loyalty.

The same applies here! Where is your loyalty? This guy is one of our longest serving players, come through the ranks. Best player for our team a few years back in league 1 now just as he has achieved premiership status you are all saying he doesn't deserve it and should go to Watford.

King deserves his chance. It's a different ball game in the premiership and I think it might suit him.

Didn't a Prem club come in for him when we was in league one and he was smashing them in? Think it might have been Everton. Didn't hear a peep from King, other than he was happy and loves the club.

There's going to be a sentimental casualty at some point along our journey. we don't have time to see if he can prove his worth. Drinkwater and James have both majoritively shown consistency and prospective growth.

I like King, and respect all that he has done for LCFC, but if we were to sacrifice one of our current midfield for an upgrade then I'm afraid we take offers.

There is room in our squad to 'upgrade' without sacrifice.

I feel confident that we could find a more consistent midfielder, potentially with Prem experience, so I feel that King is replaceable. I can certainly remember him making impacts off the bench, but I think you'd be stretching the truth to say he's a particularly impactful player. If I was the Premiership opposition, and I saw King coming off the bench, I don't think I'd be sincerely worried.

I think that mainly boils down to most Premier League clubs not really knowing a lot about Andy King in the first place (although I assume our team has been scouted all over the place by PL opposition towards the end of last season).

Andy King's a bit of an enigma, but in a good way. He's been reduced to a part-timer (sort of) and doesn't feature much as a starter.

I still believe he adds that extra knack and can contribute a few goals as a substitute. Occasionally, he shows glimpses of genius with his first touch.

He's an important squad member and should be given at least half a season in the top flight to prove himself.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him leave.

In some ways i'd imagine him playing better in the Premiership because Kingy's as good as we're likely to get for retaining possession efficiently. He's also good for a few goals when given the opportunity.

On the downside he's not the quickest, not the most physical and not the greatest man marker when we lose possession, partly because he's so one paced and not a natural when it comes to twisting, turning and asserting himself among the hustle and bustle of needing to backtrack rapidly.

It's also questionable how many opportunities he'll get and that being the case he might rightly think he's too good to be sitting on a bench for chunks of the season and that it's time for a change and the chance to aid Watford's Championship challenge by helping get the best out of Dyer. 

King has  made the Welsh team on occasions but I've never felt he was especially influencial and it might be that we'll let him go fairly cheaply because of the service he's given us and our not wishing to keep his career on hold at a time when we've arguably got better players anyway and the resources to reinforce at a higher level too if necessary.

Two million should be enough in the circumstances. 

I think that mainly boils down to most Premier League clubs not really knowing a lot about Andy King in the first place (although I assume our team has been scouted all over the place by PL opposition towards the end of last season).

Andy King's a bit of an enigma, but in a good way. He's been reduced to a part-timer (sort of) and doesn't feature much as a starter.

I still believe he adds that extra knack and can contribute a few goals as a substitute. Occasionally, he shows glimpses of genius with his first touch.

He's an important squad member and should be given at least half a season in the top flight to prove himself.

If we have room for another midfielder then wonderous, but with his contract running out, then I'll leave it in Nigel's hands to decide whether he can make the step up, but I do have my doubts, and given a injury to James/Drinky then I'd like to see more quality than King has/can offer. Hammond is a last resort.

Andy King is the record midfield goal scorer in Leicester's history. The only reason he's not in the team is because of the outstanding form of Drinkwater and James. We need a squad of players and he should be in it. Not only that, he's loyal, injury free and never gets suspended. He should have his contract extended for another two years. 1 1/2 million gets you nothing in the prem!

So in the week they're negotiating new deals both Vardy (Southampton) and King (Watford) are randomly linked with moves away! Is it just me who sees through this kind of thing?!

King won't want to leave, we won't want to sell. Big season for him this one coming up but I'm sure he'll be on a 3/4 year deal by the time the season's through.

We don't need the money so pointless selling him when we're short on centre mids. He may play a bit more next season as in some games we may play 3 in the middle. I know he's not as good as James or Drinky but he gives us an extra option and if we sold him for £1.5m, there is no way we could sign a player better than him for that money. I do think we need an extra centre mid though as I would be a little worried if Drinky or james got suspended or injured!

Archived