Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Watford bid 1.5 million for King

First we buy an improved midfielder then we consider offers, not the other way round, we can't start the season with DD, James and Hammond being our only centre mids.

Secondly I think Pearson is finding out how hard it is to improve on what we have, to attract the sort of player we want we need to be desirable to play for and we would probably need to break our wage structure.

Who says we're not already doing so?

What reason would we have to sell him? He's currently our 3rd best cm, he's only 25, he's not breaking our bank salary-wise, we have no real need for the money and the player doesn't want out. I think we'd need to bring in a couple of players to push him way down the midfield pecking order before they'd go for a deal like this.  

As much as King loves it here, i just dont know how much he'll feature this season..... I wouldnt blame him for wanting regular first team football....

I agree with your point, but at 25 it's got to be worth his while to hang around for at least one season to see how it pans out and to say he's had a season in the prem.

Grow up.

If you actually read there articles, albeit they are written poorly, they actually cite things.

This from the Daily Mail and the original story is from here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2700033/TRANSFER-NEWS-COLUMN-Liverpool-interested-Karim-Benzema-Wilfried-Bony-attracts-Lekhwiya.html

First4lcfc... Daily Mail... believe what you will... Those two aren't exactly great sources.

Probably nothing in this but if we did receive a bid of that amount I reckon we'd be tempted.

Never get any more than that, king would have to be forced out at this stage though. I reckon he'd be happy being a squad player this year.

Guest MattP

Considering he wouldn't get into our best XI and is out of contract next year it's not a bad offer.

I don't think he'll make the step up to the PL either.

Hasn't Kingy got one year left on his contract? Don't get me wrong, I'd bloody hate to see him go, but a £1.5m bid isn't entirely unreasonable if that's the case.

Yes, and for that reason this is probably his agents work. It's a shame he hasn't been able to keep up the form he showed between 2009-2011, I'm not sure he's done enough over the past few seasons to warrant a bumper new contract.

I doubt this will happen, we are short of CM's as it is. Can't see us loosing Kingy. He loves the club and deserves a Premiership appearance under his belt! Maybe he will smash it to pieces!

I dont think this can even be considered  as i am already concerned  that if Drinky is injured/suspended we have no cover at all.

Yes, and for that reason this is probably his agents work. It's a shame he hasn't been able to keep up the form he showed between 2009-2011, I'm not sure he's done enough over the past few seasons to warrant a bumper new contract.

Watford was his agent's work? Needs a new agent if you ask me... :ph34r:

Anything around £1.5m would so for me, hes not better than Drinkwater and its questionable if hes better than James and both of them cost £1m each, so sell sell sell!

But both Drinkwater and James have made major improvements since we signed them.

Doesn't get a lot of credit on here but for me, King can be a game-changer and has the capability of making an impact from the bench, assuming that DD and James start every game. I would keep him for that reason.

Archived