Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Andy King

• 2 weeks later...

Looking ahead and with the final stage of this season closing in, I do wonder whether Andy King will still be an element to be reckoned with as we go by summer 2016. If we manage to maintain a European spot (even a CL one) and with more and more central midfielders being linked with the club (as we need to strengthen our midfield), could he end up being surplus to requirements and loaned out, alongside players such as Inler and James?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to stay with the club and add to his already impressive appearances tally. But with the quality coming in in the foreseeable future, is it enough in the case of Andy King?

He'll certainly not be one of our first choice central midfielders - he's just not athletic/explosive/ enough but people as good as our first choices won't necessarily be happy sitting on a bench.

King seems prepared to do what's asked of him and has shown himself extremely reliable in that capacity and over periods of up to half an hour.

At his age he might just decide to stay put if the option is there and the club might consider him an asset for all sorts of reasons rather than just his input on the pitch. Depends really on how much the guy wants to play I suppose. I'd hate not playing but having had problems with his achilles in the past, he might see wisely-taken benefits in continuing to limit the strain on his body.

Looking ahead and with the final stage of this season closing in, I do wonder whether Andy King will still be an element to be reckoned with as we go by summer 2016. If we manage to maintain a European spot (even a CL one) and with more and more central midfielders being linked with the club (as we need to strengthen our midfield), could he end up being surplus to requirements and loaned out, alongside players such as Inler and James?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to stay with the club and add to his already impressive appearances tally. But with the quality coming in in the foreseeable future, is it enough in the case of Andy King?

he gets written off as clearly not good enough for the step up every time we move to another level (whether that be championship, top end of the championship, premier league, mid table premier league, top half of the premier league) and he is still here.

if the people of this forum had their way we'd have dropped him and loaned him out then sold him half way through our league one season because he was clearly not good enough.

he gets written off as clearly not good enough for the step up every time we move to another level (whether that be championship, top end of the championship, premier league, mid table premier league, top half of the premier league) and he is still here.

if the people of this forum had their way we'd have dropped him and loaned him out then sold him half way through our league one season because he was clearly not good enough.

He's contracted to the club, and has no desire to move at present.

I have stated earlier in the thread and agree with mc, as much as I like his loyalty, and what he's done for the club, he is right down the pecking order now.

Drinkwater, kante, amarty, James when fit, are probably ahead of him.

He's been a good player for us, but has his limitations, the attacking player he used to be, has long gone.

He deserves to move to a team where he would get games regular, as I wouldn't want to see him wasted here, as a rarely used reserve.

This. People said exactly the same thing when we signed Wellens, Danns, Fernandes, Johnson, James, Drinkwater, Inler, Kante and now Amartey.

He's an integral part of the team and embodies the spirit that we've built this team around. He's not going anywhere.

He's always split the fans. But to think there's some on here reckon Inler's a better player just astounds me. Especially considering the incredible servant Kingy's been during what must surely be one of the greatest rises in our history - if not the greatest.

But he's not best suited to our current style and seems to be mostly used now as a go-to substitute for playing a game out safely.

He may remain on the bench for just that reason for a while. I'd doubt it'll be for long but you never know with Kingy. He's past some notable landmarks here and broken the odd record already in his career here, and may still want to chase some more.

I think AK will get more game time as the season wears on. We saw at the start and end of last season how important he can be to the team. The only time recently he has appeared to go missing was at anfield and even there he was unlucky not to grab an equaliser.

very underrated as much of what he does is simple yet generally effective.

For the life of me I cannot understand how all these years later Andy King still has to prove himself. He's been an amazing servant to the club and we should be celebrating his loyalty rather than caveating every step-up Andy King has made. He's not the most media-friendly person but that should not detract from his presence in the squad and as an anchor between club and fans during so many years of upheaval. All hail The King!

• 1 month later...

Far far too early, to even think about ditching players like King or James.

If James can return to his form before injury, he will be more than an asset.

King shown and proved again, he has top performances in him.People forget

when hes played this season, he has been an integral part of the positive results.

Again he hasnt failed when the team have improved, hes also upped his game.

Our big story this season, has been not having paid astronomical fees for so called

top players.We will dip into the transfer market to improve the team, but we shouldnt

forsake such players, to end up like Newcastle and a few more.We should keep

this idea running, its working even if there is no title, it is really something special.

There is that middle ground, and yes we should go out to try and buy that or those

special players with price-tags, but try and hold and develop that middle ground of

player recruitment.We might just find other Vardys, Mahrezs, Albrightons.

Look now how Simpson is turning out, well spotted Claudio by lookin within, not

just outwards.One of the top 3 RBs in PL this season.

He was fantastic yesterday. Fantastic goal, which reminded me he can still knows how to score great goals. He had a good presense throughout the game as well, tackles and some Drinkwater-esque passes.

Complete opposite of that Liverpool game, probably due to Drinkwater being with him.

Archived