Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

He did not start the season with us. He was injured for all of pre season and the end of last season. Believe me, if he had not been injured, we would have easily made the play-offs and could have been up with you! In my view he would have been snapped up in the close season had he been fit. He is better than Ross McC! £8m is a good deal for you.

Now you're just being silly. Burnley had Danny Ings and still got nowhere near us.

Now you're just being silly. Burnley had Danny Ings and still got nowhere near us.

I think he meant promoted rather than getting over 100 pts

Which is why we shouldn't buy from England unless a player is surplus to requirements.

The Championship isn't the only league in the world.

As I mentioned yesterday, buying from abroad can be more problematic than buying from the UK. With us having a tight deadline as well then we might not have time to get the cheaper option done. If Pearson wants a striker that badly he might be forced to look at home rather than abroad. He has said only recently we'd look in markets perhaps others weren't, so I'm sure we've been trying and Geoff Peters said we had a couple of the lined up. But we don't know what difficulties we keep running into.

You look down the list of top Champ strikers and he's the first in the list that hasn't either been promoted, move clubs, or signed a new contract already. He has had an impressive two seasons with cov and ipswich, so I can see where the club are coming from.

It's really down to how desperate we are for that fifth striker. The figures quoted for him are a big gamble, but Deeney and others have gone from strikers with poor records, to asking the same kind of figures in the same kind of time frame.  Mccormack has gone for £11m on the back of one good season, the season before that he scored 9 and the one before that 4, before that 5.

People mention being a forest reject a lot. Well what does it say about them that he scored more goals than all the strikers signed to replace him combined.

Not my or the clubs first choice obviously. Circumstances mean we find ourselves in this position, if we knew at the start of the season what we know now (we'd not manage to get most of our targets) then we'd have been able to pick up someone like Grabban for a fraction of the prices being chucked about early doors. But, we didn't so we find ourselves here.

If Mr McGoldrick becomes a Leicester player - for whatever price - then I'm right behind him and would welcome him with open arms!

Who's to know he's not the next big thing that has suffered from first not getting a chance at Forest (and all those loans) – and then from being surrounded by a fairly average team at Ipswich (no offence to any Ipswich fans, but I think the recent two seasons point towards that assessment). I realise times have changed, but who predicted Kevin Phillips would score all those goals for Sunderland in the Prem all those years back? With proper service, who knows what he's capable of? He can clearly finish!

Also, in Suffolk Punch's defence (and in all other Town fans'), if he/they rate him highly and don't think that £8m is a lot then who can blame them? Clearly a good sign, surely? I'd be much more worried if Town fans would come here to laugh at how ridiculous we are for paying that for him.

Also, when it comes to valuations, we've got a similar player among our ranks.

Not many people - especially fans of Prem teams - will have heard of Jamie Vardy. Look at his pedigree - non-league, difficult start in Championship etc. But if a team came sniffing around for him, what would our valuation of him be? I've seen people suggest he's worth the same as McCormack was because of his pace. And I can see how fans of, say, Sunderland, Villa or Stoke would be calling for the head of the manager for wanting to spend all that money on a "non-league player who's had one decent season in the Championship."

In Nigel we trust. If he thinks McGoldrick is good enough then that's good enough for me.  

Can't believe this is actually happening, was hoping it had been a bad dream when I woke up. Will probably mean today is the last game I go to this season, I'm not spending x amount of money to watch a strike force of Nugent and McGoldrick in the PL.

Priceless

Can't believe this is actually happening, was hoping it had been a bad dream when I woke up. Will probably mean today is the last game I go to this season, I'm not spending x amount of money to watch a strike force of Nugent and McGoldrick in the PL.

I am slightly worried about you. You've been on this forum the whole time I have, and I've never noticed any weird posts from you before recently. Have you had a knock on the head or something? Get well soon.

Afternoon all, another Town fan here.

Can understand some fans' "frustrations" with the potential signing of McGoldrick. He's not an obvious candidate, certainly for the money being touted. What he is, is a very good footballer.

He's just a proper footballer; touch, vision, ability in tight spaces, etc. the best we've had for years. He's not lightning quick but has bundles of ability.

I'd disregard any Forest comments. They hated him for some reason. Doesn't work out at some clubs, sometimes. He's loved at Ipswich and we'd be gutted to see him go, but then we're a mid table Champ team whereas you're looking to stay in the Prem.

His contract situation is a little vague but it's widely assumed that we have he option of extending his existing contract to 2016, so wouldn't read to much into him being in the last year of his current deal.

Do you guys think it'll happen? And is there a possibility of Wood coming to us in return? Should we read anything into it if he's not in YOUR squad for today's game?

Can understand some fans' "frustrations" with the potential signing of McGoldrick. He's not an obvious candidate, certainly for the money being touted. What he is, is a very good footballer.

He's just a proper footballer; touch, vision, ability in tight spaces, etc. the best we've had for years. He's not lightning quick but has bundles of ability.

I'd disregard any Forest comments. They hated him for some reason. Doesn't work out at some clubs, sometimes. He's loved at Ipswich and we'd be gutted to see him go, but then we're a mid table Champ team whereas you're looking to stay in the Prem.

His contract situation is a little vague but it's widely assumed that we have he option of extending his existing contract to 2016, so wouldn't read to much into him being in the last year of his current deal.

Do you guys think it'll happen? And is there a possibility of Wood coming to us in return? Should we read anything into it if he's not in YOUR squad for today's game?

Sounds like another GTF, but a few years younger?

I would expect Wood to be on the bench for us today.  We are short of numbers through injuries, so if he is left out completely, it would suggest there could be something in it.

However that does seem very unlikely since only two weeks ago both him and the manager pretty much stated they are both happy for him to stay and fight for his place.

In an at best average side not one that ripped the league a new one.

Do people on here not realise a striker needs supply without it they will do fvck all.

Yes, yes and yes again...

Some strikers score goals from nothing. Take Diouf yesterday for Stoke. There was effectively no 'assist'. He made and took the goal himself. We have seen that Nugent can do this.

But most goals are scored ultimately as a result of a team effort. A good move, a delicious cross, a through ball to run on to.

If our supply this season isnt quality, we won't score too many. Ulloa thrives on quality crosses for instance, Vardy on a ball to run on to.

I don't worry about our striker situation, although McGoldrick would be a good addition IMO.

I do worry that we won't score enough from midfield, and that our supply may not be the best.

Well the good news is this will never happen even though his Wiki page say's current club Leicester.

Why it needs 12 pages for someone to check and see he has never been a Man U player is beyond me.

Close thread will never happen lol lol lol

Some strikers score goals from nothing. Take Diouf yesterday for Stoke. There was effectively no 'assist'. He made and took the goal himself. We have seen that Nugent can do this.

But most goals are scored ultimately as a result of a team effort. A good move, a delicious cross, a through ball to run on to.

If our supply this season isnt quality, we won't score too many. Ulloa thrives on quality crosses for instance, Vardy on a ball to run on to.

I don't worry about our striker situation, although McGoldrick would be a good addition IMO.

I do worry that we won't score enough from midfield, and that our supply may not be the best.

Spot. On. 

Cracking goal But he will be lucky to score another like that this decade let alone 20 a season  lol

Will admit to being surprised when hearing about this deal, but Nigel has such a good success to failure ratio in the transfer market that I'll go with what he goes with. He seems to have the ability to see the whole picture and how someone can as a single piece , fit into the whole jigsaw and make it work.

I think, if anything, the problem people have with this signing is one minute we are signing the likes of Cambiasso and no offense to McColdrick, it's a bit of a come down to him from a signing like that

Archived