Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

It appears we are taking more of a gamble here. Spoke to an Ipswich fan last night who said that he is their best player, but £8m is a huge fee and he is not worth that.

I watched Ipswich last year and there were a couple of Millwall scouts behind me watching the Ipswich tactics for the following game. Their comments were that the midfield is largely ignored, it gets pumped out to the wings with crosses coming in quickly.

My assumption there is that the attacking pair therefore are likely to get the majority of goals, rather than them spread across the team. Not checked this, but worth looking at as it could mean his strike rate is less in a team like ours.

It is obvious that this purely now down to agreeing a fee, MM has confirmed a bid has gone in and confirmed the player has had his head turned.

Looks like we have had a no from Campbell,,Watford, plus others and so we are taking more of a risk now.

Not convinced with this one, but I suppose NP is looking at back up. A lot to pay for back up player though.

It's purely Market forces that drives up prices!.. Lack of players who score goals at ANY level.. The bar has already been set with fees /valuations.. Mccormack £12m, Ulloa 8m+, Deeney valuation £10m+, Mcgoldrick will fall into the same category as all of the above players, so 8m is not unrealistic I'm afraid!!

It's purely Market forces that drives up prices!.. Lack of players who score goals at ANY level.. The bar has already been set with fees /valuations.. Mccormack £12m, Ulloa 8m+, Deeney valuation £10m+, Mcgoldrick will fall into the same category as all of the above players, so 8m is not unrealistic I'm afraid!!

Which is why we shouldn't buy from England unless a player is surplus to requirements.

The Championship isn't the only league in the world.

Making duplicate bids isn't necessarily about applying pressure. It's just good housekeeping given that there is no time to make fresh negotiations if your primary target falls through. I'm hoping we aren't the source of the leaks.

Of course, the players agent will sniff many pound notes and may decide to leak it.

Do we know the source of this £8m figure ?? Was it just plucked out of the air by a journo and now regurgitated as fact ?? Whatever, it certainly won't be £8m up front and will no doubt involve a complex stage payment plan to include wages and expenses in an overall package. Then if the final overall outlay becomes £8m (or whatever) then he must've have done very well in terms of appearances and goals etc. These transfer fee's are just quoted to give fans something to discuss and are not what they seem.

Do we know the source of this £8m figure ?? Was it just plucked out of the air by a journo and now regurgitated as fact ?? Whatever, it certainly won't be £8m up front and will no doubt involve a complex stage payment plan to include wages and expenses in an overall package. Then if the final overall outlay becomes £8m (or whatever) then he must've have done very well in terms of appearances and goals etc. These transfer fee's are just quoted to give fans something to discuss and are not what they seem.

Came from the sun. I don't think it will be 8 million. 4 or 5 I guess.

The People are quoting £3,000,000 today,bit of a difference.

Well his GPG ratio was much better than Vardy and Nugent last year.

It's a lot of cash, but needs must.

In an at best average side not one that ripped the league a new one.

Do people on here not realise a striker needs supply without it they will do fvck all.

I am hearing that the bid is £8m with a further £2m based on appearances and your Premier League status over the next 2 years. 4 year contract.

Like it or not, that IS the going rate for a striker of his quality. Plenty of clubs would pay that. People suggesting 4 - 5 million need to live in the real world. We just sold our left back to West Ham for £7m.

I agree. Certainly in the current market. I think Forest have got a real gem in Assombalonga as well. Though I hate to say it, Forest look like they could cruise the Championship this season.

It's probably a bit early to decide Forest are going to win the league though, Blackpool were top with 13 points after five games last year and they nearly went down.

I am hearing that the bid is £8m with a further £2m based on appearances and your Premier League status over the next 2 years. 4 year contract.

Like it or not, that IS the going rate for a striker of his quality. Plenty of clubs would pay that. People suggesting 4 - 5 million need to live in the real world. We just sold our left back to West Ham for £7m.

To be fair someone on your forum said he was worth 15 million lol. Would you honestly say he is worth 8 million?

Just out of interest why do you think he is quality,whats his strengths?

Name them.

Think you are way wide of the mark on this as if it was true he would not have started the season with you.

Name them.

Think you are way wide of the mark on this as if it was true he would not have started the season with you.

He did not start the season with us. He was injured for all of pre season and the end of last season. Believe me, if he had not been injured, we would have easily made the play-offs and could have been up with you! In my view he would have been snapped up in the close season had he been fit. He is better than Ross McC! £8m is a good deal for you.

He did not start the season with us. He was injured for all of pre season and the end of last season. Believe me, if he had not been injured, we would have easily made the play-offs and could have been up with you! In my view he would have been snapped up in the close season had he been fit. He is better than Ross McC! £8m is a good deal for you.

Are we still talking about Ipswich?

Sorry but your left back moved for between 2m and 4m ,it was undisclosed fee I have read but cannot find a fee of 3.75m was paid a few times.... (For creswell)

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2014/07/04/new-signing-stats-aaron-cresswell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28148831

Balloon head reported 8m

lol

Sorry but your left back moved for between 2m and 4m ,it was undisclosed fee I have read but cannot find a fee of 3.75m was paid a few times.... (For creswell)https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2014/07/04/new-signing-stats-aaron-cresswellhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28148831

Balloon head reported 8m

lol

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/25373/cresswell-fee-could-rise-to-%C3%827m

If he has 10 months left on his contract then he's 'worth' a fraction of the fee being mooted.

We have an option of a further 12 months.

Can't believe this is actually happening, was hoping it had been a bad dream when I woke up. Will probably mean today is the last game I go to this season, I'm not spending x amount of money to watch a strike force of Nugent and McGoldrick in the PL.

Forgot he was injured.

But still name all the teams that would pay 8m for him.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/25373/cresswell-fee-could-rise-to-%C3%827m

Stop reading after REPORTED sources? Sorry mate...

Various sources close to West Ham are reporting that Town could ultimately receive £7 million for full-back Aaron Cresswell IF ?????

all the top-ups included in the deal are triggered, with the Blues receiving an initial £3.75 million.

If he has 10 months left on his contract then he's 'worth' a fraction of the fee being mooted.

Absoltely. I'm fairly certain Real Madrid bought a 24 year old Michael Owen for £8m because he was in the last year of his contract. McG's price should be half that. Tops.

Can't believe this is actually happening, was hoping it had been a bad dream when I woke up. Will probably mean today is the last game I go to this season, I'm not spending x amount of money to watch a strike force of Nugent and McGoldrick in the PL.

lol

Archived