Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Leicester Deadline Day Thread

Right that's it.

We've spent relatively little and have added to the squad. As importantly, we've retained what we had.

I'm glad the speculation is now over to be honest. The squad has a bit of time to get itself sorted and now let's really see what we can do.

One thing I am happy about is that we haven't done a Man U or a QPR and spent trillions. If the project don't work and we get relegated, we won't suffer too much for it financially. Whether this financial prudency reflects strongly on the field, only time will tell.

But having seen us play and the signings we've made, I feel more confident now than at the start of the season.

Right that's it.

We've spent relatively little and have added to the squad. As importantly, we've retained what we had.

I'm glad the speculation is now over to be honest. The squad has a bit of time to get itself sorted and now let's really see what we can do.

One thing I am happy about is that we haven't done a Man U or a QPR and spent trillions. If the project don't work and we get relegated, we won't suffer too much for it financially. Whether this financial prudency reflects strongly on the field, only time will tell.

But having seen us play and the signings we've made, I feel more confident now than at the start of the season.

Allied to this, the start we have made to the season with what was deemed 'a horrendous' (pundits mainly) opening 5 games, I think the signings since friday will really push us on. I echo your final thought, feeling better about our chances, I think if someone had offered you 2 draws and a defeat when the fixtures came out, you'd have had their arm off at the shoulder.

Cambi, Simpson & Powell will only add to a team that has been very competitive in the league so far. (Lawrence also if he is in the first team squad)

We should also be very pleased we missed out on some serious 'Turkeys', although suspect most of these were never real targets but more likely pawns in this wonderful merry go round AKA the 'Transfer Window' or figments of the imagination of people ITK and sad Newspaper columnists.

Looking at some of the business done by our rivals (outside of the Premier League Heavy Weights that is), we appear to have done well,. albeit in some cases as a result of shrewd judgment and in others by default maybe?

Fees have gone crazy and for sure one obvious conclusion to this circus is, steer well clear of trying to buy Championship players. The scouting network in Europe is the key for bargains in the future. Whilst Mahrez and Knocky came to us as unknowns, what would they cost now if they played for TWatford or Ipswank?.

Had to laugh at some of the retards and pond life that stood behind the Sky reporters at some of the grounds? An example of which were the kid with the beard at Hull, the two slags at Tottenham, the woman with the dog at Villa, the little kids at Arsenal, The brothers and gang postcode lottery mafia at Qpr? Summed up what's great about this country.....appalling tv

Disappointed not to sign Defoe or another quality proven Premier League striker.

We have Ulloa, Vardy and Nugent all quality proven premier league strikers.

I don't get why in this country we're so obsessed with 'proven' players (that's a very debatable and lazy term in my opinion) as opposed to giving players a chance to become 'proven'.

We've given Ulloa a chance and he looks to be paying off already, and I bet Vardy does too.

I don't get why in this country we're so obsessed with 'proven' players (that's a very debatable and lazy term in my opinion) as opposed to giving players a chance to become 'proven'.

We've given Ulloa a chance and he looks to be paying off already, and I bet Vardy does too.

Vardy looked completely overrawed when he burst past three Arsenal players on Sunday. As did Mahrez.

None of them are proven premier league strikers??

They are all prem league strikers and they're proven. Just go with the flow man.

Dafoe is an ex prem striker.

When you look at our squad now you do realise how lucky we are to have the management team we currently have.

Player for player we have quality throughout. I remember during the O'Neil era when a team would come in for one of our players that feeling of disapointment that we lost him or could lose him.

I will be honest up until NP first stint I couldnt care less who went. We havent had that selection of players who are either seriously good or have the potential to be. Most on here were dispointed to hear Wood had interest in him yesterday.

The point is regardless of who comes in or goes out, we have a manager and team who are now more important than any player in the squad. If for example, Knockaert goes, yes it will hurt but we have the team to replace him. It is something every team should strive for.

Lawrence and Powell are good footballers, would have loved both to be permanents. However, when you now look at our midfield, with these two, we are not a relegation fighting side, we have the potential of going further. The "team" have done this without splashing a fortune which is even more impressive.

Charlie Nicholas's view on our transfer window.

LEICESTER CITY

leicester-transfer-window-report_3199010

Leicester’s biggest investment came up front with the club record signing of Leandro Ulloa and the big man from Brighton & Hove Albion has already begun to repay that investment with goals in his first two home games to secure draws against Everton and Arsenal. Elsewhere it has been a case of shrewd squad additions thanks to a mix of veterans and youngsters. Matthew Upson and Esteban Cambiasso add huge experience to the squad, while the arrivals of Jack Barmby, Nick Powell and Tom Lawrence – all from Manchester United – mean there remains an air of optimism at the King Power Stadium.

CHARLIE’S VIEW: “They have got decent strength and pace at the back, but I do not think they have built a big enough squad. They have brought in some youngsters which is fine, but sometimes inexperience cannot get you out of that hole. Cambiasso will be good if he can get on the ball often enough, but I think in a lot of these games he will not get anywhere close enough to calm things down. They face an almighty fight to survive.”

I am not sure this clown  has watched any of our first three games, although I do think we are a bit light at centre back.  If Liam or Wes get injured, I wouldn't be confident of Wasilewski stepping in and being solid.  Looking forward to Upson being fit, if only for a bit of cover.

Charlie Nicholas's view on our transfer window.

LEICESTER CITY

leicester-transfer-window-report_3199010

Leicester’s biggest investment came up front with the club record signing of Leandro Ulloa and the big man from Brighton & Hove Albion has already begun to repay that investment with goals in his first two home games to secure draws against Everton and Arsenal. Elsewhere it has been a case of shrewd squad additions thanks to a mix of veterans and youngsters. Matthew Upson and Esteban Cambiasso add huge experience to the squad, while the arrivals of Jack Barmby, Nick Powell and Tom Lawrence – all from Manchester United – mean there remains an air of optimism at the King Power Stadium.

CHARLIE’S VIEW: “They have got decent strength and pace at the back, but I do not think they have built a big enough squad. They have brought in some youngsters which is fine, but sometimes inexperience cannot get you out of that hole. Cambiasso will be good if he can get on the ball often enough, but I think in a lot of these games he will not get anywhere close enough to calm things down. They face an almighty fight to survive.”

I am not sure this clown has watched any of our first three games, although I do think we are a bit light at centre back. If Liam or Wes get injured, I wouldn't be confident of Wasilewski stepping in and being solid. Looking forward to Upson being fit, if only for a bit of cover.

I agree with you. I doubt he's watched us. Talking out his arse.

Archived