Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

What did he say mate?

He came across as being surprisingly calm actually. Said the 'base performance' was okay, and a major improvement on Swansea, that there were one or two things to work on and that we lost the game on fine margins. He also said he doesn't care what other people (possibly implying the fans) think about how we set up, which is fair enough in my opinion because most football fans really do talk an awful lot of shit most of the time. He didn't say anything unreasonable.

He has 2 games IMO to save his job. No wins = sack.

What a short sighted way of looking at things, we'd still be in the Championship, at best, if the owners sacked managers who have fantastic records at the club because of a poor run of 5/6 games. Nigel Pearson IS moving the club forward, that's obvious. He is the person who has got us this season in the Premier League, which based on the commitment of our fans is probably slightly more than we deserve, and having done that he deserves the season to prove himself. We had a pretty bad run at the end of 2012/13, a lot worse than this and against Championship opposition, and a lot of people thought that made him a bad manager. Of course they'd all u-turned a year later and if the owners are sensible enough to give him time I'm confident you'll all be u-turning again, because the fact is, in the long term, Nigel Pearson only ever moved us and Hull, the two clubs he had a proper chance at, forward.

I certainly don't think we should press the panic button just yet, its far too easy nowadays to say enoughs enough and say the grass is always greener after being on a losing streak. But we must stick together in the hope that Nige finds a solution to this. Obviously if it carries over to 10 games without a win etc then serious questions need to be asked. Pearson has took us so far and it would be ashame not to give him an opportunity to turn this around. And lets face it, any Leicester fan knows this is was always going to be a major struggle. back are the days of potential Yo-yo-ing

He came across as being surprisingly calm actually. Said the 'base performance' was okay, and a major improvement on Swansea, that there were one or two things to work on and that we lost the game on fine margins. He also said he doesn't care what other people (possibly implying the fans) think about how we set up, which is fair enough in my opinion because most football fans really do talk an awful lot of shit most of the time. He didn't say anything unreasonable.

Cheers mate. As you say, nothing too controversial there. I assume people are kicking off because they think he's having a pop at the fans.

nigel-adkins_g_2518273b.jpg

That's evidence that it's possible to sack the manager who took you up and do well. But it's nowhere near guaranteed. You also can't say that Adkins couldn't have kept them up.

It's a really useless point to make.

When you look at today's team selection is defies any reason or logic... Ok away at Swansea is tough... Newcastle are perhaps resurgent... but I have now seen us draw with crappy Burnley and lose to crappy WBA... we are throwing away points that should be ours (...we even scored wba's goal for them).

Ok play three central midfielders - but why not play mahrez who has some creativity and could add some width on either side and ulloa who can battle with their defenders rather than King and Nugent? A no10 who can't score is a luxury - King is popular but he is too light weight... Ulloa showed he can use his strength to deal with the centre back when he came on.

The team selection and tactics suggest Nigel doesn't know what he is doing - what the shape should be?... and who should be in it?... Nigel is a nice guy but he needs help.... he has stepped up to the prem and he is struggling bug time - he can sort it but he need help.

Nigel said it was a good display but didn't mention the creativity issue - we did not create changes or score any goals - if he had started with Mahrez and Ulloa instead of Nugent and King I would, at least, think he was sensible... ignore what he says... look at what he does.... and what that says about him - he is lost! He needs help!

Cheers mate. As you say, nothing too controversial there. I assume people are kicking off because they think he's having a pop at the fans.

I wasn't angered at any pop at the fans, I was angered at the pop at our most creative player and MOTM (admittedly in a poor game) from last game Mahrez. He bigged up his tactics and made them sound as if they were a good move when in fact they were awful. We won't get anywhere until he starts admitting his own mistakes, but his arrogance came out instead by saying I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Pearson is to blame for last 5 dreadful performances, as for me his tactics and team selections have been bizarre and to blame.

However, he will learn and he has a long term vision for this club. The best man to sort this out is Nigel Pearson, as frustrating as things may be at the minute, sacking the manager is not a solution.

Archived