Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Aston Villa Post Match Thread 2 - 1

I've made my reasons pretty clear already, frankly I'm sick regurgitating it every time they decide they're Pearson Out again.

For the record I'm not sure they are going to turn it around, I just think there's a much better chance of them turning it around than anybody else, and certainly I think Nigel Pearson is the best long term option for the football club.

So you are more than happy with losing every week?

You are like Ty with the stupid headphones & waterbottle from Arsenal TV.

What is there to be positive about today? It's yet another loss to a side who didn't play particularly well themselves.

We need to be picking up points off teams like Villa, Palace, Sunderland, Burnley, West Brom, QPR, but in all those games against those sides we have either been average or just completely shit.

Games against Sunderland & West Brom at home especially, both teams were nothing special, it's just a matter of fact that we were worse.

If you are so confident that we will turn it around at some point, then tell us Mark when will we turn it all around, get your crystal ball out and tell us.

Ball retention is a big issue. We rush on the ball all the time and invite loads of pressure on.

Now this is something that bothers me. What's the fix for this one? Biggest problem at the minute.

Last season if we conceded 2 I felt we could still go and won the game,now if we concede 2 it's game over,we have no depth defensively or attacking,I feel pearson knows this now but his hands are tied until January,I think if we stand by him he will get it right,he will improve those above position imo,there is at least some effort in these defeats,we're not playing terrible,just need a break.

today we was terrible.

So you are more than happy with losing every week?

You are like Ty with the stupid headphones & waterbottle from Arsenal TV.

What is there to be positive about today? It's yet another loss to a side who didn't play particularly well themselves.

We need to be picking up points off teams like Villa, Palace, Sunderland, Burnley, West Brom, QPR, but in all those games against those sides we have either been average or just completely shit.

Games against Sunderland & West Brom at home especially, both teams were nothing special, it's just a matter of fact that we were worse.

If you are so confident that we will turn it around at some point, then tell us Mark when will we turn it all around, get your crystal ball out and tell us.

Mark w is becoming a parody of himself..

:nigel:

So Levein, Kelly, Allen, Holloway, Taylor, Sousa, Sven and however many more from 2001-2011 were MORE enjoyable than Pearson's two divisional title seasons and two top 6 Champ finishes and one of the greatest games in our history this season?

Either you've had a 'mare using that as a point or you're a fvcking moron mate.

Thanks I must be a moron then - actually I think you might be right because I will still be at the next game despite Pearson telling fans who don't agree with him to stay away.

For the record I'm not sure they are going to turn it around, I just think there's a much better chance of them turning it around than anybody else, and certainly I think Nigel Pearson is the best long term option for the football club.

You're a bit dim really aren't you.

Thanks I must be a moron then - actually I think you might be right because I will still be at the next game despite Pearson telling fans who don't agree with him to stay away.

Liking the way you've tried to gloss over the utter stupidity of what you said originally but it hasnt worked I'm afraid. Tell me, did you enjoy Sousa or Levein's reign more than you have Pearson's?

Two more really poor goals to concede. It's hard enough as it is but to give away cheap goals which the opposition barely have to work for is unforgivable. If we maintained the lead for a little while we could have used our pace on the counter really effectively but we just cannot seem to stop conceding goals which are as a result of basic basic errors 

Oh dear oh dear. Don't know what to think now, but I really can't see how or when we can recover from this.

Villa are really not a good side and yet we capitulated again.

On a side note, Simpson was utter gash. Powderpuff in defence, constantly out of position, zero going forward. Hope all his fan boys are going to get over their obsession with him now.

You're a bit dim really aren't you.

You are basically saying two things, your not sure they will turn it around, but you believe they will at some point. 

So which one is it?

Will they definitely turn it around, or you going to sit on the fence?

I think it's pretty simple... We are not good enough to play 4-4-2 not at all.

Only top, top teams with class central midfielders can do that in the premiership. We've got to start playing 4-5-1 IMO. Start grinding results out instead of 4-4-2 and just having a go. We can't retain the ball with a 4-4-2 and we never seem to have a holding man.

I'd personally play: Knockaert, King Cambiasso Drinkwater Mahrez.

It would be very hard to get overran with that midfield. And we also have 2 tricky lads who can break away. Also King slightly more forward in his favoured position. Dropping Ulloa in is diabolical.

Archived