Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Aston Villa Post Match Thread 2 - 1

You are basically saying two things, your not sure they will turn it around, but you believe they will at some point. 

So which one is it?

Will they definitely turn it around, or you going to sit on the fence?

I'm not sure they'll turn it around this year, but I think there's a better chance of it than taking a gamble on a new manager. If we're in the Championship next year then again I think Nigel is a better option than if we take a gamble on a new manager now.

Just as a monkey and a typewriter will eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare, we will find another 2 points this campaign!

We're Home to Hull on March 14th 2015. I think that will be the day we overhaul Derby's 11 point record.

Keep the faith.

Still really don't understand why we are getting basics wrong. Set pieces awful at both ends. Need Drinkwater in and try and get some sort of passing going. We look so much better with the ball in the floor. Next week is a write off and more a nd more games are looking that way at the moment.

I'm not sure they'll turn it around this year, but I think there's a better chance of it than taking a gamble on a new manager. If we're in the Championship next year then again I think Nigel is a better option than if we take a gamble on a new manager now.

But we have waited 10 years for Premier League football. You more than happy to drop back down to the Championship?

This team needs fresh ideas, playing the way we are is not the way forward, and as you say yourself it could take a while before we turn it around, we might not even turn it around under him.

Loads of teams gamble, some come out of it more successful than others. At the end of the day though, regardless of his record at Championship level, we can't carry on losing or this will get even more embarrassing. 

Just as a monkey and a typewriter will eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare, we will find another 2 points this campaign!

I know - that was more an attempt at looking at the bright side, really.

We seriously can't be that bad and only gain two more points in the remaining 23 games.

Onwards and upwards.

Thanks I must be a moron then - actually I think you might be right because I will still be at the next game despite Pearson telling fans who don't agree with him to stay away.

That's not what he said, but keep on torturing yourself.

I'll get me popcorn.

I got the answer to please all fans. Sack Pearson now get in Pullis . If we stay up alls good if we go down sack Pullis and get Pearson back to get us back up.....and for those who think Pearson should stay all season if if we are relegated by christmas, will the owners hang around to spend another £100 million to get us back up or just take the money and run

Pearson really has to go.

We seemed to be afraid of a very poor Villa side and sat back and then lumped it forward in hope of getting a break.

At least lose by showing some fight and have a go, but the players are doing what Pearson demands.

I've said all along that he was clueless tactically and unable to change things when it's going wrong.

You also have to question his signings and the awarding of 3 and 4 year contracts to mediocre players.

Our defence today was a joke, Liam Moore really is a poor player, but he's one of our own so your not allowed to say that, I just have!

That said all our players made Villa look like world beaters.

Last season for me was a one off, a flash in the pan so to speak where everything went our way.

Pearson was heralded as a great manager, whilst anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knew he was very limited.

Time for the owners to sack Pearson along with his equally uninspiring back room yes men.

The Championship awaits, which really is just about our level as a club and with the players we have.

Ensure you have the required quality before the window closes...

Paid millions to mange the team and this is what Pearson has achieved. Incompetent beyond belief. If someone had said at the end of the championship we would be playing with only a couple of new signings in the prem most people would have laughed or cried.

Done well last year but so what?

Done a shit job this year and this run is like 2012/13  that lasted for months .Not sure a new manager can save us with these players,but i'm pretty sure Pearson can't. 

Horribly predictable. Same mistakes against another shit side. We're as good as down for me now. These were meant to be the easier games.

Bloody Hell..you change with the wind! lol

Only a few weeks ago you were shouting we were 'clearly better' than those teams around us.

Now, we're doomed...

Cmon Dan..

Only a few weeks ago you were shouting we were 'clearly better' than those teams around us.

Now, we're doomed...

Cmon Dan..

I think everybody is in agreement that we're much better than the way we're playing at the moment.

Now, we're doomed...

Cmon Dan..

You really are a complete tool - we were, and if we start firing again we are, but we're not performing like it.

I think everybody is in agreement that we're much better than the way we're playing at the moment.

No, I don't think they are are they?

Dans posts make me laff a little that's all..it's either brilliant or doomed, in equal measure..no in between. Very much like the forum at times.

Imagine if we hadn't scraped a win vs Stoke, got a late equaliser vs Everton, got the penalty decision vs United...

Have we been worth any of our points?

We didn't deserve to win at Stoke, but probably deserved the win against Burnley. Swings....

Archived