Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Anybody tempted by Portugal now the quarantine ban has been lifted? 

Always fancied Lisbon once the heat of the summer subsides and although flight prices have jumped I'm reading some hotels are going at 80% cheaper to try and make up for losses. 

Anyone know where to find up to date 7 day averages per 100,000 people?

Go Crete next week, last week it was all over the media about Greece closing then it stayed open due to being 14 per 100,000. 
These media reports have gone from daily to hardly at all, Im hoping that means things have improved over there. 

On 21/08/2020 at 16:19, EastAnglianFox said:

Always fancied Lisbon once the heat of the summer subsides and although flight prices have jumped I'm reading some hotels are going at 80% cheaper to try and make up for losses. 

Doesn't seem worth the risk to me unless you've got money to waste and don't mind the risk of having to quarantine when you get back. Seems like a big potential headache just to save a few hundred quid. 

• Like 1

On 21/08/2020 at 17:19, EastAnglianFox said:

Chasing up ones own jacksie, just to get away for a Short Foreign holiday,seems to me the most wasted & stressen foreprogrammed point,at this time..

Now if one goes away for 6 months plus...!

Edited by fuchsntf

I'm off to Mallorca in September. A rebooked trip from June. 

I have to admit, it looks to be a huge waste of time. 2/3 of hotels appear to be closed. All bars closed....only places serving food allowed open. Most of them.shut early.due to no punters. 

Facemasks everywhere except beach and promenade. 

It'll be total shite. Better than work though.

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I have to admit, it looks to be a huge waste of time. 2/3 of hotels appear to be closed. All bars closed....only places serving food allowed open. Most of them.shut early.due to no punters. 

Did you think it would be any different?

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did you think it would be any different?

Tbh, it was optimistic. 

Still, so long as I find one bar that's showing football over that PL opening weekend and one restaurant that's serving half decent food, the rest is all fluff anyway. Beach, sea, headphones for music and good long walks will do me fine. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

The brothels are still open

Bargain flights to Cancun in March 300 with a cheeky overnight in Lisbon first. March seems so far away yet so close. 

Covid-related info: TAP Air Portugal's flexible travel policy only lasts until October at the moment, they may decide to extend this but you will get a refund if your flight is cancelled. Cancun is open for tourism now, but the situation could change down the line if there's a surge in cases.

Read our guide for common travel questions in this time of coronavirus, we've changed up a few things up with deals too, full info here.

To:

Lisbon (LIS) + Cancun (CUN)

London (LGW) - £327
London (LHR) - £329
Travel Dates: November - March (excluding December holidays)

Airline: TAP Air Portugal

Standard Fare: £750+

Bags & Fees: Checked bag is £90 rtn, seat selection is around £80 if you choose one for every leg or free after check-in.

Book by: These fares should last 3-4 days

Note: Jack's Flight Club does not partner with nor receive referral fees from any of the sites linked below. Our only incentive is to help you snag a great fare.
Here's how to book:

1. Head to Google Flights and use their handy calendar tool to find the best travel dates for your route, by locating the dates with the lowest fares (those highlighted in green). If you prefer to book directly, then follow the link to the airline website and book.

Note: These flights do work out cheaper booking directly with the airline, as TAP apply a discount when you create an account with them.

Good to know:

- If you're new here, read our guide to learn how to combine Google Flights and Skyscanner or Momondo to find cheap flights.

- Deals can go at anytime. If you've checked our example links and couldn't find any more dates at the deal price using the instructions above, it's likely to have expired.

- Our general guide on how to find cheap flights.

- Example Itinerary -
e155cf7fdecbf2b22d238818cff682f3.png?r=5

On 21/08/2020 at 18:19, EastAnglianFox said:

I can't recommend Lisbon enough. Had a four day break there and really enjoyed it.

• Like 2

Anyone with a heads up on Gdansk? i believe it's a great city & fairly cheap.

Off with a few mates for 3 nights in Gdansk in May next year to (optimistically) coincide with the Europa league final .Flight tickets are at present affordable & we are willing to gamble that the lurgi will be a distant memory by May.

I fancy being in a city when a major final is being played even though there's probably not much chance of getting match tickets & probably even less chance of Leicester being there, but you never know.

Edited by boots60

18 hours ago, boots60 said:

Anyone with a heads up on Gdansk? i believe it's a great city & fairly cheap.

Off with a few mates for 3 nights in Gdansk in May next year to (optimistically) coincide with the Europa league final .Flight tickets are at present affordable & we are willing to gamble that the lurgi will be a distant memory by May.

I fancy being in a city when a major final is being played even though there's probably not much chance of getting match tickets & probably even less chance of Leicester being there, but you never know.

I've never been, but i've always seen flights are about £10 with ryanair, seems to be one of those places that ryanair fly to, and have therefore made a holiday destination.

I'd be interested in doing a weekend there at some point for a fiver or so, as you said, it'll be cheap and something different to do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I've never been, but i've always seen flights are about £10 with ryanair, seems to be one of those places that ryanair fly to, and have therefore made a holiday destination.

I'd be interested in doing a weekend there at some point for a fiver or so, as you said, it'll be cheap and something different to do.

Not lucky enough to get tickets that cheap but £94 Wizzair return from Luton is not too bad especially as the price will rocket nearer the time.

Booked small independent hotel as all chain hotels in the city centre sold out already. Presumably block booked by uefa.

Fingers crossed Leicester City will be gracing Gdansk next May but worst case scenario is 3 days on the lash!

Edited by boots60
  • Like 1

Was planning a trip out to be the Balkans back in March: start in Budapest, then Belgrade, Sarajevo, Dubrovnik and/or Split (time depending) for a couple weeks all in all in late July/early August. Sitting on that for now, will likely be next year at the same time granted the world is a bit saner. I might plan something domestically if I can because I’m still sitting on a year’s worth of holiday...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, boots60 said:

Not lucky enough to get tickets that cheap but £94 Wizzair return from Luton is not too bad especially as the price will rocket nearer the time.

Booked small independent hotel as all chain hotels in the city centre sold out already. Presumably block booked by uefa.

Fingers crossed Leicester City will be gracing Gdansk next May but worst case scenario is 3 days on the lash!

Wow!!! £94 for a European cup final period is incredible, I may just be having a look at that today... As you said, would be great if City got there but i'd love to experience being in a city when a big European final is on. A few of us booked a hotel in Istanbul for 30 May, just wanted to sample what a champions league final  day is like in a host city. That didn't go well for us, but this sounds like an excellent option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Wow!!! £94 for a European cup final period is incredible, I may just be having a look at that today... As you said, would be great if City got there but i'd love to experience being in a city when a big European final is on. A few of us booked a hotel in Istanbul for 30 May, just wanted to sample what a champions league final  day is like in a host city. That didn't go well for us, but this sounds like an excellent option.

Just had a butchers on skyscanner, flights I've booked now gone up to £148 return. get in quick

Edited by boots60
  • Like 1