Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

16 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Indigos on Melton Rd is better than Bobbys, great food.

I've got to disagree with this! The food is mediocre and the service is awful! last time I went we were waiting for 45 mins for our main courses to come out - when we asked when they were going to come the answer was - "but you haven't told us that you want your mains yet, you need to tell us when you want them" - also when they brought an empty glass out for us - it had lots of water at the bottom and when I asked if we can have a glass that isn't filled with water the reply was "oh that's just how they dry"

Just now, hejammy said:

I've got to disagree with this! The food is mediocre and the service is awful! last time I went we were waiting for 45 mins for our main courses to come out - when we asked when they were going to come the answer was - "but you haven't told us that you want your mains yet, you need to tell us when you want them" - also when they brought an empty glass out for us - it had lots of water at the bottom and when I asked if we can have a glass that isn't filled with water the reply was "oh that's just how they dry"

Oh yeah I was going to say the service is shit so I always get a takeaway, I have genuinely gone in there and been sat in a corner and forgotten about on at least 2 occasions which isn’t ideal. The food is really nice though.

I also like Mithas on Narborough rd.

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Great food and consistent, but yes, without doubt in Indigo and anywhere further down on Melton Road you have to be pushy with the staff. No British manners or niceties, otherwise you will get left behind

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Best smart casual dining in Leicester Imo.

Might be about quiet for a lads night out meal. 

Kinda the place you'd go for a double date!

it was pants - I had the Tommahawke and it was chewy even at Med / Rare, bought the wrong steak out for one of the party then took 20 mins to change it. Chips were good but for £28 there are better steaks at TGI fridays - avoid! 

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

it was pants - I had the Tommahawke and it was chewy even at Med / Rare, bought the wrong steak out for one of the party then took 20 mins to change it. Chips were good but for £28 there are better steaks at TGI fridays - avoid! 

Tbh I never buy a steak.lAways iffy in the UK. Odd, since in France and US, it's almost impossible to get a bad one.

On 29/02/2020 at 08:35, Tommy G said:

Surprised at this. Been here multiple times myself, I think I’ve had that steak every time and it’s up there with the best I’ve had! 

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Been meaning to try this for an age. Have you been to the Queens Rd one or town?

I’ve been to both, well the old one on queens road as they have now moved into  a bigger place so you can sit down.

You won’t regret going.

Guest MattP
On 29/02/2020 at 08:35, Tommy G said:

It was pants - I had the Tommahawke and it was chewy even at Med / Rare, bought the wrong steak out for one of the party then took 20 mins to change it. Chips were good but for £28 there are better steaks at TGI fridays - avoid! 

I had the lamb cutlets there and they were overdone and chewy.

Everyone raves about this place yet it's been dreadful the two times I've been.

39 minutes ago, MattP said:

I had the lamb cutlets there and they were overdone and chewy.

Everyone raves about this place yet it's been dreadful the two times I've been.

Our office went for Christmas which is usually a fairly unflattering time for a restaurant to be judged because they're just having to smash out quantity over quality on set menu stuff. 

Despite that, I thought it was really nice. There were just shy of twenty of us and I don't think anyone had a bad meal tbf. 

I had a ribeye and it was terrific. 

John's House in Mountsorrel - a little out of the center and worth the drive.

It's got a Michelin star but the pricing is insanely affordable. £30 for a lunch menu, more or less. 

The whole thing, from start to finish, is well worth any money spent though. Highly recommend.

• Like 1