Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

John's House in Mountsorrel - a little out of the center and worth the drive.

It's got a Michelin star but the pricing is insanely affordable. £30 for a lunch menu, more or less. 

The whole thing, from start to finish, is well worth any money spent though. Highly recommend.

I went a while ago and it cost me significantly more but that was dinner and wine. Nice place, I’d go back and try not to snog the stuffed Fox tbf 

• 4 months later...

Sorry if wrong thread...

I grew up in and around Quorn, M'sorrel, Barrow, etc.

My Mum was a locum pharmacist who often worked in Leicester. She brought back the most amazing samosas whenever she worked in the city.

Does anyone know  a great source of genuinely good samasos that would mail-order to London?

It would mean a lot to me.

Thanks

On 03/03/2020 at 16:23, RonnieTodger said:

Anyone been to the Giggling Squid yet?

Yeah got a take away from there during lockdown. Was superb, was still very hot when it arrived, well packaged and all the items were really well made and looked and tasted fresh. Look forward to going post lockdown! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hejammy said:

Yeah got a take away from there during lockdown. Was superb, was still very hot when it arrived, well packaged and all the items were really well made and looked and tasted fresh. Look forward to going post lockdown! 

Expensive for a takeaway though isn’t it. I did the same and it was very tasty but it was missing a starter but they did come out and drop it off which was good of them.

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Expensive for a takeaway though isn’t it. I did the same and it was very tasty but it was missing a starter but they did come out and drop it off which was good of them.

It was expensive as far as takeaways go, however it was the closest meal to a 'meal out' since lockdown. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Anyone going to partake in the govt's restaurant scheme?

Find one here https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/eat-out-to-help-out/find-a-restaurant/

There are plenty near us. We'll definitely be going somewhere tomorrow, just got to decide where.

Yeah I will at some point, plenty of bargains to be had.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Find one here https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/eat-out-to-help-out/find-a-restaurant/

There are plenty near us. We'll definitely be going somewhere tomorrow, just got to decide where.

Tried to this evening but everywhere was heaving. Ended up going five guys as they are doing it too even on takeaway. 50% off five guys makes it an OK price, full price is insane.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

my lad & I did lunch at The Stamford in Groby today.  🍕