Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

14 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Did I read someone in another thread saying Crafty had lost a bit of its sparkle recently?

Last few times I've been it's been quiet.  Main issue I've had it with it is that the burgers are basically under done.  This isn't a "oh we just serve it rare", they're basically soggy.

The place lived in the shadow of Meatcure.

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Last few times I've been it's been quiet.  Main issue I've had it with it is that the burgers are basically under done.  This isn't a "oh we just serve it rare", they're basically soggy.

Was really good yeah.

19 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Meatcure was always flip of a coin in my experience, either excellent all round or shite service and half arsed food. Toilets were shocking n all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Meatcure was always flip of a coin in my experience, either excellent all round or shite service and half arsed food. Toilets were shocking n all.

The exposed, and heavily urinated on, chip board was never a good look/smell. 

Edited by Zear0
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if there are any decent Japanese restaurants in the city? Looking for one of those Teppanyaki style places where they cook the food Infront of you.

Also looking for a Cuban (or any kind of latin restaurants) that has good food, cocktails and Latin music - promised the Mrs a date night in the city on Saturday night since we're coming down for the weekend so I can go to the game on Sunday!

Edited by TiffToff88

9 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Also looking for a Cuban (or any kind of latin restaurants) that has good food, cocktails and Latin music - promised the Mrs a date night in the city on Saturday night since we're coming down for the weekend so I can go to the game on Sunday!

Sonrisa is an Argentine tapas place. Nice venue, food is superb and the staff are pleasant.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2022 at 08:57, TiffToff88 said:

Anyone know if there are any decent Japanese restaurants in the city? Looking for one of those Teppanyaki style places where they cook the food Infront of you.

Mitsuki at the top of London road was really good when I went a few weeks ago. 

It's Sushi as well as other Japanese dishes. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/08/2022 at 10:17, Suzie the Fox said:

The Monk at Quorn.

Went with my Brother and his wife to take my mum for her birthday on Friday night. Lovely place, not the cheapest but certainly on par with the food you get.

A quirky place, great welcoming staff. Will defo be going there again. 

Quality place 

• Like 1

Good veggie restaurants?

Turned veggie after Rome pretty much to lose a bit of weight and to stop me eating out and spending cash. It’s definitely worked on both fronts but would be good to find some places that do good options.

Mithaas and Kayal are pretty much my go to’s

Cheers

39 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Good veggie restaurants?

Turned veggie after Rome pretty much to lose a bit of weight and to stop me eating out and spending cash. It’s definitely worked on both fronts but would be good to find some places that do good options.

Mithaas and Kayal are pretty much my go to’s

Cheers

The Good Earth has been around forever and a day, never been though.

On 23/09/2022 at 14:12, RonnieTodger said:

Finally went to The Lighthouse in Kibworth. Lovely grub and staff are great. 

21 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Is that in Beauchamp or Harcourt?

The same people had one in Harcourt called Boboli's ...  both pretty good when I lived there ....  and the food in the Coach & Horses was good too.

If we wanted a bit up market we'd go to the Bakers Arms in Thorpe Langton ..  lovely place !