Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

City in bid to sell hot grub outside stadium

Leicester City has applied for permission to sell hot food outside the King Power Stadium.

The club already provides food within the ground but wants street trading permits which will allow it to sell to fans before and after home Premier League matches.

There are already independent venders who sell near the ground on match days but the club now wishes to set up its own stalls at all four sides of the ground to serve crowds of up to 30,000.

Leicester City Council’s licensing committee will discuss the application on Monday February 9

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-bid-sell-hot-grub-outside-King/story-25959965-detail/story.html?#ixzz3Qa72bJFI 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

The fact that the food in the ground is cheaper than the vendors outside im all for it. i just want to see Balti pies make a reappearance, and not the shit pukka pie ones. The one at White Hart Lane was the best Balti pie ive ever had and it certainly wasnt pukka pie shite.

They'll have to compete with the present vendors unless the plan is to get rid of them. well those on LCFC premises.

manderic gave the vendors quite a long contract , he wasn't bothered about the catering side , which makes sense , he bought to sell the club at profit as we know  . the thais have tried to buy them out but they wont go for it .

manderic gave the vendors quite a long contract , he wasn't bothered about the catering side , which makes sense , he bought to sell the club at profit as we know . the thais have tried to buy them out but they wont go for it .

as it seems common knowledge that mm handed out a long deal. I assume this bid to do the catering outside is a bid to drive more profit and drive the current franchise out the ground.

if the owners set up decent vendors outside we all boycott the shit inside. I bet they would take a buyout of the lease then.

I cant understand people buying there anyway. Better getting a proper lunch meal in town before heading over to the ground. Some decent Lunch meals for 10 pounds.

Grabbing a 4 quid burger on the walk to football isn't exactly the same as having a sit down meal in a pub in town is it though? 

To be fair all the burger vans are as bad as each other. There is one burger van that does 2.50 hot dogs and burgers which...while taste about as bad as you'd expect, are atleast priced reasonably compared to the rest of the £4 crap.

That pie/pasty shop on the market, should branch out, put a stand or 2 around the KP.

Then a stand theme for every player we have, Pole, German, Algerian, Ghana, etc, suprise ourselves with som gud ol English.

Let the parties inside do the burgers.

Take an example from Camden market or USA malls with central seats and mixed with standing tables, providing enough

waste bins.

manderic gave the vendors quite a long contract , he wasn't bothered about the catering side , which makes sense , he bought to sell the club at profit as we know  . the thais have tried to buy them out but they wont go for it .

I was referring to the vendors outside, are they part of the internal catering company, they look independent to me.

Hope the other non-LCFC vendors stick about. Their food is much better than the crap served within the ground.

Also, on the flat piece of land opposite the Seat showroom, have there ever been any plans for a fast food chain there? They'd rake in huge amounts of money surely?! Anyone know the plan for that area anyway?

Archived