Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Not his best display today but that moment when he won a corner and received a standing ovation :wub:

I was close to tears. Then 5 mins later one Nigel Pearson sent me west. Heroes.

I do love the guy but this place needs to get real.

He's played one season yes been great.

But for fvck sake retire his shirt our best player ever after one season.

Show some respect for past players that put in a few seasons and more.

Lineker, Weller, Walsh, Shilton, Banks to name a few.

I understand many of you have never seen any of them praps Walsh but please he is good but show some respect.

Many players did as much as he has over many season.

And some older than me will say what about? And they will be right too.

Christ mate, you're boring!

I'm almost embarrassed that you're an older bloke (I assume), like me, and yet you drivel over a footballer this much. The young uns on here, I can understand. They've never seen City do so well as recently.

The fact is, Cambiasso has really upped his game over the past month or two. They ALL have.

He had a spell, like they all did, when he was pretty awful. (Remember that...when we didn't win in God knows how many games..with or without Cambiasso?) I saw him not tracking back, running out of energy and doing pretty much naff all..for quite some time.

Cambiasso has benefitted from having the three in midfield (did I not say he would?), because he has an extra set of legs with him. He's also benefitted from having Huth at the back. For me, THIS man has been the main difference. He's a rock! He instills confidence in Wes, the formation change has worked (how good has Wasa been) and all is rosy in the garden.

Cambiasso has BENEFITTED from this change.

His professionalism has never been in question. His commitment, his work rate...all exemplary.

But you make out like he's God's gift. For months, he wasn't.

NOW, the team oozes confidence, the formation plays to all his strengths and it's working.

Pearson HAS finally learnt...hats off to all those people who (I'm never sure if they genuinely thought it would happen or if they just didn't want a managerial change...that's for another debate), continued to back him. He's very nearly seen us over the finishing line.

So much so, that I've said for weeks that I can only see us winning (Chelsea aside).

For me, the difference has been the formation, Nigel Pearson learning and Huth...

Every one of our players have stepped up, looked like different players and are brimming with confidence.

Cambiasso has been ONE of these players. For months (like all of them), he was distinctly average.

Over and out.

incorrect, there was two in centre midfield today, unless your counting mahrez, hahaha.

And third post as I forgot something else. Not his greatest game today but one moment that sticks in my head: Huth and mane get a bit heated and Cambiasso is quickly over to calm Huth down and tell him to remain focused. Captain without an armband.

I understand many of you have never seen any of them praps Walsh but please he is good but show some respect.

EXACTLY this.

He's magic we know and he's a great player BUT you'd think he was the sole reason for our resurgence - and he's not.

I wonder if he'll still be hero worshipped and given legendary status if he fooks off in the summer?

And to suggest retiring his shirt after one season, jeez...

EXACTLY this.

He's magic we know and he's a great player BUT you'd think he was the sole reason for our resurgence - and he's not.

I wonder if he'll still be hero worshipped and given legendary status if he fooks off in the summer?

And to suggest retiring his shirt after one season, jeez...

dying @ u 2 takin posts seriouslehhhhh jeezzzz,,,,,

I think a few need to stop taking some of these posts so seriously!

But.....

It may only be one season, I hope it's not just the one season although it wouldn't surprise me if it was. I've seen players like Izzet, who is one of my all time favourite players along with Kaamark. But take a few factors into consideration.

At the age Estaban is, our league position for most of this season and the fact that we don't really compare to Real Madrid or Inter Milan we can't help but love the guy. He enthusiasm, his commitment, his drive and passion on top of his composure, profesional attitude and his reading of the game. Some may have doubted the signing at the time, could have been one last pay day, but I genuinely think that his time here, even if it is just for this season, will hold a special place with him.

Jokes and banter about retiring the 19 shirt aside, I don't think we can go over the top in our praise for him. Genuinely don't think I've ever been this impressed with a player. It's not about his performances all the time, just the impact he seems to have on the other players.

I think a few need to stop taking some of these posts so seriously!

But.....

It may only be one season, I hope it's not just the one season although it wouldn't surprise me if it was. I've seen players like Izzet, who is one of my all time favourite players along with Kaamark. But take a few factors into consideration.

At the age Estaban is, our league position for most of this season and the fact that we don't really compare to Real Madrid or Inter Milan we can't help but love the guy. He enthusiasm, his commitment, his drive and passion on top of his composure, profesional attitude and his reading of the game. Some may have doubted the signing at the time, could have been one last pay day, but I genuinely think that his time here, even if it is just for this season, will hold a special place with him.

Jokes and banter about retiring the 19 shirt aside, I don't think we can go over the top in our praise for him. Genuinely don't think I've ever been this impressed with a player. It's not about his performances all the time, just the impact he seems to have on the other players.

I am not putting him down at all he has been great for us.

I just feel comments like retire the shirt our best ever player even in jest are so disrespectful to former players.

I also hope he is her next year and feel if fit should be captain.

He shows more leadership than wes ever will.

But best ever after a season Noooooooo.

To be honest Col your response was just full of fictional drivel with the expected splash of arrogance, and it got the response it deserved.

I don't think there's anything fictitious with what I wrote above.

It's bang on, for me.

Cambiasso has clearly upped a gear and has done so on the back of formation changes and player additions, most notably Huth and Albrighton.

To be honest, if we'd have stuck with your 4-4-2 he would have continued to struggle and we'd be probably relegated by now,

i think you are taking that post too seriously, surely it was just a light hearted jokey comment.

I don't think there's anything fictitious with what I wrote above.

It's bang on, for me.

Cambiasso has clearly upped a gear and has done so on the back of formation changes and player additions, most notably Huth and Albrighton.

To be honest, if we'd have stuck with your 4-4-2 he would have continued to struggle and we'd be probably relegated by now,

Yes for you but not for 99% of everyone else. Your desperation to be right really knows no bounds.

Yes for you but not for 99% of everyone else. Your desperation to be right really knows no bounds.

I find it hard to understand how anyone can argue Cambiasso hasn't upped a gear over the past two months or so.

Like them all, he looks so much better now than he did in our dismal, mid season run.

I'm struggling to find anyone who can argue with that and that's the point I'm making here.

It's on the back of changing up the formation, playing our best team and the confidence that's come with it.

We look a completely different side to how we were over Christmas and Cambiasso looks rejuvenated.

If you wish for me to think anything other than this, then sorry, I won't, because I don't.

In terms of wanting to look right..I'm sure I said I'd replace Pearson before Christmas..so on that score, I couldn't look more wrong.......

But you keep on with your psychology about my trying to look this, that or the other. And suggesting this, that or the other. It clearly makes you feel better.

Archived