Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Spoke to an Inter fan, and some of those fans thought Cambiasso is not the same player he was, which scares me since apparently he has performed better. This love affair with Cambiasso may have blinded some of our fans but you cannot deny the quality he has. The lack of pace is made of by his positional awareness, he knows where to be and when to press and when to track back. Genuinely think he could start for any club in this league except for Chelsea. What a player "El Cucho" is!

Are there any plans for a statue of him outside the ground yet?

What about inside the ground? 

Have a statue of his head in the middle of the dugouts. When the players walk out at the start of the game they can all kiss his head for good luck.

Robbed: Eden Hazard Pips 2015 FWA Footballer Of The Year Award From Under Esteban Cambiasso’s Nose

by Chris | 12th, May 2015[/size]

• facebook-share-button.png
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Chris Wright

View image | gettyimages.com

Having already snaffled up the PFA Player of the Year award a week or two back, Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has today completed the set after also being voted the Football Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year (i.e, the one Scott Parker won) for 2015 as well.

Hazard, who will be formally presented with the award at a glitzy bash in London on May 21st, topped the poll of over 300 journalists with a comprehensive 53% of the vote – comfortably ahead of Harry Kane in second place.

John Terry came in third with fellow Chelsea cohorts Cesc Fabregas, Branislav Ivanovic and Thibaut Courtois all making the FWA’s top 10 – the other four players being Alexis Sanchez, David De Gea, Sergio Aguero and Esteban Cambiasso.

FWA chairman Andy Dunn, football columnist for the Sunday Mirror, said:

“The list of truly world class players on the Football Writers’ Association roll of honour is a long one and Eden Hazard is a worthy addition.

“A creator, a goalscorer and the hardest of workers, Hazard has been a constant source of threat for the Barclays Premier League champions.

“But it is not just his trickery, his pace, his artistry and his marksmanship that make Hazard such an invaluable component of Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea squad, it is his durability.

“Hazard has started all 36 Premier League matches and, considering the particularly close attention he receives from opponents, that is a feat in itself.”

Fun fact: As well as Hazard’s clean sweep, the three previous end-of-season PFA and FWA awards have both been won by the same player: Luis Suarez in 2014, Gareth Bale in 2013 and Robin van Persie back in 2012.

Justified IMO...

It's got to be August, 18th. Esteban Day - you know that, right?

How about feeding her with some medication that help push the due date a bit further back? :ph34r:

Mrs Goldfish is due on August 9th, so it's quite possible! I had a dream I was trying to convince her to name the baby Cambiasso but she wasn't having any of it! I'll get back on it...

I've got my old Cambiasso argie shirt to wear on the final day of the season. In my humble opinon he is the best player ever to play for the city.

Its a close one for best Premiership player we have had Neil Lennon was solid as a rock every game and I think its between them two

Ediit; Just my opinion

I've never had a player's name on the back of my shirt, and I'm too old for it now, but if he signs on the dotted line I'm having him on the back of brand new Leicester shirt next season. Get it done Rakrsiainasjdnlajsnfshdorns.

He looks pretty tired to me! Lots of misplaced passes.

That said, I love the bloke beyond words. one more season please, Esteban!

Not bloody surprised, he's played an entire season in a two man central midfield, I cannot fathom how he's managed it. Different class.

Archived